it was our last night in havana and they had a room available on short notice. the staff was very friendly and the water pressure in the shower was great (for cuba). unfortunately they only had two separate beds (i guess more suitable for an old monastery). the cleanliness was ok, but could have been better. our room had no window and some of the light bulbs didn't work so it was quite dark.
the hotel itself is well situated as you can just start to explore the old town....
all in all very nice, but a bit expensive - like everything else for the tourists in havana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As if it was a space for contemplation, the Hotel Los Frailes translates the visitor to the ambience of an abbey of the medieval era. Monks represented in copper sculptures, religious altarpieces, as well as other details, comprise the decoration of this site convenient for resting. A lobby bar with art-works and stained-glass windows and a peaceful inner patio with a fountain and a well, turns the hotel into one of the most beautiful of the Centro Histórico. The hotel employees, dressed in customs inspired in the clothes of the Franciscan monks, invite the guests to a singular ceremony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Los Frailes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Los Frailes Havana
- Hostal Los Frailes Hotel Havana