“Off-beat gay bar, café and restaurant - terrific”
Review of Toke

Toke
Ranked #187 of 895 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Toke is currently the most interesting LGBT spot of the cuban capital. Modern, friendly, this small restaurant and café is a gay friendly daily place ; at night it becomes a totally gay venue, with drags and LGBT people. Some prostitutes, though.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

I've been at other times in this place, and over time their quality and treatment has gone down. Service slower, lower quality food. A year ago was a restaurant with high quality. Especially the lobster

Reviewed June 20, 2016

I've found this place randomly as it was just across the road from my flat, I was there pretty much every day for two weeks. Very good, polite service, relaxed atmosphere. Despite being by the main road, it felt like a little oasis. Basic decor and typical Cuban menu, the food is very tasty though. I've had pork, chicken, ropa Vieja (shredded beef), omelettes for breakfast, and my favourite green bananas stuffed with ham and cheese - amazing!! The only thing I would fault it on is lack of fresh juices and smoothies. Apart from that, great. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner there. Prices are mid range for Havana.

Reviewed May 22, 2016

The restaurant wasn't too far from our casa particular on Infanta near the Malecon. We had a great dinner there one night. The grilled lobster was delicious and very reasonably priced. My husband was happy with his hamburger. We had a late breakfast here a couple of days. A couple of egg choices (fried, over easy or scrambled) with bread and a choice of fresh juice for $3 cucs I think. Can't beat that!
Small restaurant with some tables inside and some outside seating. Service was quick and the servers friendly. We'd recommend it!

Reviewed May 7, 2016

I was travelling alone and this was a great place to relax and enjoy watching the goings on ... and the food was pretty good too !

The hamburger was the best of my three meals (as the LP guidebook suggests), the tuna salad was pretty good (tinned tuna) but the pizza, whilst reasonably nice, was a bit too thick/doughy for my tastes.

With the closure of the nearby gay bar, this place seems to have become a bit of a gay Mecca - and on my third visit (within 10 days), it was starting to feel a bit edgy. I'm pretty sure some of the guys hanging around outside were looking to get paid.

I would definitely go again, but if you are upset by gay guys, you might want to avoid this very pleasant place.