See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 23, 2017

The courtyard where breakfast is served is beautiful, but yes we were put in a horrible windowless room too. It was pleasant enough but just a horrible feeling so we asked to move and they did move us the following day to a room with a very small window with bars on it but at least it was better than no window. At the time we travelled, Havana was very expensive so our choice was a little limited. Unfortunately the room they moved us to was on the 3rd floor and between moving there and checking out the lift broke and didnt work again - the only stairs were a dangerous fire exit (i say dangerous as they genuinely were a trip hazard)we had to carry big heavy suitcases down. Food isnt great in Cuba generally so dont expect much. the positive was undoubtedly the beautiful courtyard. If its an expensive time then this hotel isnt too bad would be my overall assessment.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2017

For her 70th Birthday celebration treat, my sister chose Cuba as we Americans are now allowed to travel to Cuba. Through Trio Advisor I chose this hotel. This site sent to Hotelsclick I booked 5 days for S1085.00 paid & was confirmed.On our arrival the front desk would not make eye contact gave us a letter telling us we had been directed to another hotel. This did not provide transport and we ended staying getting downgraded to Park View Hotel. My sister dealt with the disappointment and proceeded. I wrote on this hotel's question time line informing them of this important event. They had my contact information & I was not informed of the change. Here is the confirmation:
Service: H2017-1464
Total: 1.085,00 USD

Stayed: February 2017
3  Thank 630rolanb
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Trip Advisor & their site directed me to Hotelclicks.com.
I booked it for a special reason my sister turned 70 & she choose this hotel because she wanted the old Cuba style.
Hotelclicks.com was the booking agent & they processed the reservation & accepted the payment of $1085.00 then sent me the confirmation ema. I provided all my contact information. The booking on the confirmation voucher is done by Jumbo Tours.
We got to the hotel at 5:00pm the reservation clerk refuse to look us in the eye then sheepishly gave us an envelope that said we were not at this hotel instead they downgraded us to Park View they did not provide us with a taxi & the letter explained nothing .
We had no choice but get & pay for a taxi to take us to Park View Hotel.
This spoilt the Birthday celebration for my sister as no one informed us before our arrival. I think Trip Advisor is responsible for ruling my sisters 70th Birthday in Cuba. Has any one else had this experience & how have they handled it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Roland B
Reviewed February 1, 2017

The building entrance is very nice, but looking a little faded. I had a room on the 1st floor, it was a decent size, but had lots of minor, but annoying maintenance issues.
The door stuck wen you tried to open and close it. The walls were crumbling (to the point the plaster powder fell off if you touched it). The shower worked but was a major hit/miss in terms of temperature. Oh, and don't be first down for breakfast, you might end up wth the left overs from the day before!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

The structure of the building is nice but very old and so are the rooms. Low lights, dirty towels and bathrooms, unprofessional service. In the evening water was turned down and we could not shower, they said it was going to be restored in the early morning. The day after there was only cold water and the pressure was still very low. Breakfast is just acceptable, the selection is wide but most dishes look bad. Fruit is tasteless, glasses and cutlery are dirty and the buffet is surrounded by flies. We changed few rooms (307, 304, 109, 201, 204) and none of them was acceptable, some have missing light bulbs that were not replaced when asked. Rooms on the second floor are larger and have higher ceiling colored with mould (the picture is from room 201) which makes air conditioning very smelly. I did not expect European standards in Cuba but this is unacceptable. Do not trust the travel agency if they sponsor this hotel, we did the same and it was a mistake.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoolerThanBi
CommercialOFarrill, Director Comercial at Hotel Palacio O'Farrill, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

Dear guest, we really appreciate your comments about your experience in our hotel, which undoubtedly we will take into consideration for improving the accommodation services we offer. This puts us in the commitment to improve every day for you, our dear customers.
Undoubtedly we will do our best to achieve this, while we invite you to join us at the next opportunity to change your perception.

Thank you for choosing us.

We are looking forward to your return soon to change your perception.

Best regards on behalf of the entire team,

Commercial Manager