“Wonderful friendly people!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa de Ana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
La Casa de Ana
Ranked #12 of 677 Havana B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Wonderful friendly people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Thanks Pepe for organizing our trip! Pepe arranged all the casas, he made the bus reservations and made sure we were picked up when we arrived at the bus station! We stayed at awesome casas with super friendly people! Pepe you made our trip fabulous!! Warm regards Eveline & Julian

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eveline_K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Went to Casa de Ana after 10 days travelling round Cuba. It was perfect.

Absolutely incredible food
Massive room and bathroom
Great advice on city
Friendly people, felt welcome but also didnt feel obliged to come out the room and socialise

It is more expensive than some of the other Casa's but when I was there they really looked after me (especially when I didnt feel well for one day) and for that it was priceless and I was happy to pay.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sophie V
Dover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was my second visit to Ana & Pepe -they made me so welcome last year that it was the obvious starting place for my trip this year. As before, they were unfailingly smiling and friendly to us. I was taking 3 friends on their first trip to Cuba, so it was very important to me that their first impression should be good, and I knew I was in safe hands here. It's still "Grand Central Station" with people coming and going as Ana & Pepe find them accomodation and give advice on where to go and what to do.(This means you get to meet other travellers too, and share tips.) They really do put themselves out for people, and having been doing it for a long time, they know their stuff about Havana and are happy to advise on any aspect of Cuban life- and everyone has questions!
The only time I saw them lose their cool was when a friend let them down at the last minute with regard to a Casa booking, leading to two of us staying elsewhere which didn't quite match up to Ana's. However, they did their utmost for us, late at night, and I would have been mad too. They themselves are totally reliable and would never let you down. In addition, Pepe still does a mean salsa, and you'll go away with a sheaf of casa addresses to match your itinerary. No pressure to stay at any, but it's nice to have that back-up. Again this year, further down the line, I was glad of it, and glad to be able to say "We're friends of Ana and Pepe". Vedado is a very nice area -if I was going to live in Havana, it would be here. For first timers to Cuba, with only a little Spanish maybe -Pepe and Ana are your very best starting point.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DoverRuben
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I always book hotels and everything based on the comments here, but this is the first time I have been misled this much.. everybody else is paying 25 CUC, this is 30. I have seen nothing special as said in the comments, but some hardly smiling people till they get paid. So, I'd have to think twice after the comments next time, this has been a cornerstone. Anyways, maybe this helps some others, think twice, even a poor hotel might be better than this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank EigoNoSensei
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed in Casa de Ania in December '11 / January '12.... Absolutely loved it. Alex and Ania were so welcoming and looked after us like family. I was travelling alone and this is definitely one of the best casa's in the whole of Cuba to meet other like minded travellers. The lobster / mojitos / daquires / whatever you ordered was always superb! A massive thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: I stayed in the dorm room, which was perfect.