My daugher and I booked Los Corales but ended up at Carisol. Not good at all. The snorkeling was fantastic, so was the catamaran. But swimming in lots of sandy beach water forget it. Aqua shoes definately. I had researched this hotel so I was prepared as far as the swimming was concerned. Weather was beautiful all week.
The Corales is much preferred, looked cleaner and the buffet was 100% better than Carisol, so we ate there most of the time. Food was not covered though and there were flies about. Cannot understand how we ended up at the wrong Hotel.
We did have a wonderful week, but there was no hot water in our room and one day no water at all. This happened throughout the hotel not just our room. Big problem they said. Had to bribe maid for toilet paper. AND she never cleaned our room. Just made the bed and changed towels. No clean basin or mirror or floor. She was pleasant enough.
Pool was excellent and the entertainment guys and gals were fun.
We felt like we were camping a little bit. Don't mind roughing it but would like a little more cleanliness around the food and toilets. We would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort consisting of two hotels (Carisol and Corales) with a total of 310 rooms, 4 swimming pools (2 for adults and 2 for children, beach, 2 lobby bar, 2 pool bar, one beach bar, pizzeria, 2 restaurants a la carte (Cuban and sailor), 2 buffet restaurants, serving food and drinks 24 hours, day and night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel Santiago De Cuba
- Hotel Amigo Carisol Los Corales
- Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Santiago De Cuba