All reviews bistec double bed three star pork cuba
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

This is probably the best bang for your buck in the area. The location is very close to the city center and many attractions. For friends, the double bed accommodation is perfect. I had no idea 2 meals were included with my hotel stay, an unexpected bonus! I cannot say enough about the entire hotel staff in every department. Together they attended to all of my needs, even a request for a meal when I slept in and missed breakfast which they were happy to bring to me. The omelets, fresh fruit and fresh fruit juices were superb, just like the pescado y bistec at dinner. The espressos and drinks served at the bar were also perfect! I was surprised when the staff gathered to sing for me happy birthday and dedicated the Saturday night entertainment to me in honor of my birthday.. all smiles!! I will definitely return to this quaint hotel where guests are treated with respect and gratitude.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Monique W
Susana5588, General Manager at Hotel Versalles, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear client:
It is truly an honor for us that you praise our services and the staff in this review, since our common goal here is to satisfy the clients. We will read this review to all workers you have mentioned in order to reward their efforts.The most important for us was to create a memorable experience for you. Thanks for writing this beautiful review. We hope you can visit the hotel once more.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Well, I have to say that the staff at this Hotel are very good and can speak some english which is fantastic when you have a problem!! I made the mistake of walking out on to my Cabana balcony without my room card in my pocket!! OH! OH! Good thing i had my shorts on!! I shut the door not thinking and then realized that I could not get back in! Thinking that I had a big problem on my hands i went to the reception desk and explained! They spoke english to me and resolved the problem in a matter of minutes! Excellente!! I just cant say enough about the staff at this Hotel! Very professional and fun to talk with at the same time! When i was there/ THE BIG, BIG, BIG BOSS LADY WAS THERE AND she runs a tight ship! Loved my time at The Hotel Versalles and I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody!! The resturant buffet is great! Coffee is very good!! The juices in the morning are just fantastic!! NECTAR OF THE GODS!! My favorite is the fresh mango juice!! Well done and a good job done by everybody!! My chamber maid was great and the housekeeping department is no nonsence. I made some good friends at this Hotel and would return again in a flash!! The pool cantina is really good and the food and service is very good! They have> salads, burgers, fries, pork and every kind of drink imaginable!! The bar tender speaks perfect english and is a really nice guy! NO problems at this Hotel!! I had my Cuban friends at the Hotel all day long for 10- kook per person!! This includes drinks and lunch!! Very good value for the money! They played music at at reasonable volume all day long and the pool closes at 5:00 P.M. Book this vacation package with Hola Sun and you will be more than happy! I was upgraded to a cabana at no extra charge and just loved it!!

Room tip: Request a cabana near the pool area!!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank corman_11
Susana5588, Director General at Hotel Versalles, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear client:
To read such a good opinion about our hotel written by you is a graet joy for us. The way you write about the staff is nothing but truly rewarding.Every service area and worker you have mentioned will be congratulated for their efficiency and proffesionalism. We hope you can visit the hotel once more.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Versalles, Santiago de Cuba..
Hum very very interested..why...because you are in Oriente south east of Cuba
all of the view going to have mountain, beaches and Rivers...
Oriente in general people are more friendly , they just want you be happy, they love help in everything, charismatic.
This hotel is no so huge, but services are nice, entreatment also..

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TurismTravel
Susana5588, Director General at Hotel Versalles, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear guest:
It is a pleasure to receive a review of our hotel.It seems liked you really liked the eastern part of the country since you have just named what make us stand out: landscape and people´s charisma. It is satisfactory to know you really enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

Was back in Santiago and a day stay at Versalles. The property is kept in good condition, pool is nice as always, remember this area had been badly effected by Sandy and some of the nature took a hit and now very dry and parched. Distance of about 10 min cab to the centre of town for 5 cuc. All I can say is bring a good attitude, relax and you will be pleased. To any first time Cuba visitors, this country is it's own eco system so be polite and adjust yourself because for me me, the morality, and charm of the people fills in any gaps of imperfection. So if for some reason you do get moved to a new hotel because of a mistake, look at it as an adventure. Because around every corner in Cuba, is an interesting new adventure good or bad. Hotel Versalles is a safe, clean, relaxed environment with wonderful entertainment and food day and night so you really can't ask for much more from a none all inclusive accommodation. Hola to all the staff and thank you again from
Paul and Yury

Room tip: Get one of those second floor rooms facing north if possible for a great view of the city.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank pablo685
Susana5588, Director General at Hotel Versalles, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Dear guests:
Thank you very much for writing such a beautiful review of our hotel.It is wonderful how you praise our staff. Have no doubts we will transmit them your kind words.It wil be a plaesure to have you here once more.

Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

We, a small group of 5 people plus tour guide and driver, stayed here for two nights. The check-in for this apparently huge group (irony on) took more than an hour... Unfortunately, one of the nights we spent there was 14. of february (Valentines Day), apparently a very important, but for this hotel not plannable or foreseeable (yes: irony again!) public holiday... as a result, they pretty much rented all the hotel facilities (especially pool) twice: once to the hotel guests and once again to rich and spoilt cuban day-guests... result: no space in the pool area, horribly loud music, people smoking and drinking in the pool (leaving cups and cigarettes there) as well as a party ging on until 5 in the morning in the bar directly under our rooms... and nobody of the personnel cared.... the rooms have paper thin walls and are not sound-proofed at all. It felt as if the party was going on directly in our beds... we phoned the reception 3 times in one night but nobody cared... as the party finally ended at five in the morning, so did the traffic-noise...
As we complained the next morning to the hotel manager, she obviously didn't care at all and told us that we could have changed our rooms (which nobody mentioned a day earlier at check-in or our 3 calls in the middle of the night)... they allegedly never have had any complaints about noise before... a mere joke if you read the commentaries on this app...
Additionally: rather bad breakfast, even for cuban state-owned hotels.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kathrin S

Dear guest:
The hotel management staff truly apologizes for the experience you had here.However, we did not rent the pool twice. Cuban people ( does not necesarily have to be rich or spoiled) do have the possibility to enjoy of the hotel facilities in most Cuban hotels, even those owned by foreign chains. Since we are a group-circuit hotel, most our clients leave early in the morning and return after 5 pm.Taking that into consideration Cuban people and other visitors are only allowed to the pool from 10 am -5 pm.As everybody knows, February 14th, is a day to celebrate. Since a lot of clients decided to join the entertainment activities in honor to that date we just agreed to prolonged the Night Club services. That does not mean we have that kind of activities everyday and that clients can not sleep because of them.We really have a problem with soundproofing of rooms, an issue we are addressing at this very moment.Besides, i have to point out that we do not have the same problem with all our rooms.!The receptionist you called several times was suspended for not providing you with the proper attention you needed at that time.
The compensation you received might have not been comparable with your insatisfaction but it was a proof we do care about our clients.