“Second time -- great”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Bowmanville
“Second time -- great”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

First time to La Casa del Chef was last April. Returned Feb/12 -- Everything was great. Charming place with great food, service and entertainment. Our friends said it was the highlight of their trip.

Returning to Varadero on a girls trip this April -- looking forward once again to sharing the experience of Casa del Chef!

1 Thank lola017

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Lac du Bonnet
“Huge Lobster”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

FOR the price of 14 CUC,12-14 oz tail,nice salad,soup and dessert. Wine good price also. Daniel mgr quite a character,serving girls friendly,polite.
Recommend this to others when visiting Varadero.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Terri V
North Bay, Canada
“Fantastic Lobster at a great price,, Highly recommend.”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

First off I read about this restaurant on TripAdvisor prior to going to Varadero and put it on a list of 3 restaurants that I wanted to try. I only made it to two out of the three; this one and Kikis.

This restaurant is in a good location and has a really nice atmosphere. I really liked the outside dining option that was well decorated with murals and had other nice touches.

There are two mangers that work here taking turns one night on one night off. The night that we where there we had the pleasure of having Dariel(SP) as our server. He was funny, and really made us feel like we where the only ones there. My family of 5 all thought that he was great.

My wife, daughter(15), son(12) and myself all had the Lobster Special. It consisted of a serving of soup, a salad, the main course being One and a Half Lobster Tails grilled to Perfection with a Tomato type sauce, rice and some sort of fried plantain or something. And then desert. All of this cost only $14 CUC's!!! My son(6) decided to just have fish. He is a fussy eater at the absolute best of times but he even managed to eat most of his meal.

I have had lobster many times, and at another restaurant in Varadero on this particular trip and this was defiantly tops for me. I was disappointed that I decided to try lobster at another restaurant and not come back to Casa Del Chef. I will not make that mistake again.

Go and Enjoy!!!

3 Thank northernontarioDR
Ottawa, Canada
“Food poisoning alert!!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I read the reviews here, and we decided to go to this restaurant during our Varadero trip. It was also pretty close to where we stayed. My husband ordered lobster and I ordered fish.
First difficulty for us, to communicate. The staff didn't know English. Although we pointed to the menu items, they still screwed it up.

Second, they were missing half the items in the meals- they just left blank spaces in the plate instead of increasing the other portions.

Third, the lobster meal consisted of a very small lobster tail, a tiny horrendous salad, and about one table spoon of half cooked rice. Doesn't lobster usually come with butter????

Fourth, the fish meal included about three ounces of very blend and funny tasting (like soap. Humm maybe they washed the fish with soap for hygiene issue??) Fish, one table spoon of cold half cooked rice and 3 slices of fried banana (hideous).

Fifth, the fish was rotten, I got food poisoning, I wishes I had died.

Sixth, bill came to 24 CUC, gave them 30 CUC, we waited for 10 minutes for change, no one came back to the table.

Seventh, DID WE MENTION FOOD POISONING????????

1 Thank HIRM
Campbell River, B.C.
“Close to all”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We had the lobster dinner $ 14 for soup, salad, rice, lobster and dessert.

Visited February 2012