2,251 results
All reviews pizza quiet resort three bars beach bar mojito bar fries italian restaurant magic show pork smaller resort lots of hot water a la carte great beach cleaned daily great weather peanut butter resort staff
Reviewed November 3, 2018

We have been to Varadero before but this was our first time staying here. It is a smaller and quieter resort compared to others in the area which I liked. It looks like they are renovating the buildings in stages so eventually all should be refurbished which is needed.
Now for the Pros - A nice and central beach on the peninsula, the buffet food was better than I have had elsewhere, the security staff were friendly, the maids were very nice, the buffet restaurant staff were mostly super friendly and nice to deal with, the drinks were good and it was easy to get a taxi quickly for any last minute trips into town.
The Cons - Front desk staff could really use some education on how to be friendly and accommodating to their guests, you had to be there at 10am each day that you wished to book into one of the non-buffet restaurants which meant that we could only eat in them once with our various trips planned to see the beautiful Cuban country. Now saying that the experience at the restaurant was terrible as they ran out of food, service was poor, and they didn't seem to care so maybe this was actually a blessing. The next time I come to Varadero I would definitely choose to stay elsewhere, though if you get a good deal to stay here and come in knowing what to expect or not expect you can still have a nice stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BeLiveTurquesa1, Manager at Be Live Experience Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to have her back to have a second chance to change her impressions.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

This was our first time in Varadero because I usually travel in January and that would be to cold there.
Overall a very pleasant experience. It is off season in Varadero and therefor no crowds, line ups, or shortages that you encounter at Christmas or February, March. The rooms / bathrooms are dated and the one we had, showed some minor damage but the AC worked. You can walk to anywhere on the property within minutes. For some reason there was no gaz at any of the bars for the fountain drinks like soda, cola or the like and the coffee was terrible. I encountered the same issues in Santa Lucia, Brisas last January.

For some reason the majority of the guests came from Russia and Germany. Kind of unusual for us Canadians to be in the minority. I mention this because the Russians I meet spoke very little English, most none, just Russians and they smoke, all of them, non stop. Not at the restaurants and buffet but everywhere else. Germans less though.

If you have not seen or made up your own list of things to bring with you to Cuba here it is again. Copy it, print it and make sure you have the items packed. I am not kidding.

1) Essential: Bring a positive attitude.

2) Face clothes

3) A thermo cup to keep your drink cold and save you a lot of trips to the bar.

4) Your favorite snacks

5) Spices you can not live without. No much offered in Cuba.

6) A spare battery and memory card for you camcorder or camera or charger cable.

7) A spare anything essential( sunglasses, suntan lotion etc. God gave us two arms,legs,eyes ears and one big heart for a good reason) forgot to bring an extra sunglasses mine broke the first day.

8) Learn some Spanish

9) When you leave for the airport pack a sandwich or two and fruit. Especially when you travel with children. It will be hours of waiting before you leave.

10) Should you encounter a problem by all means talk to fellow travelers and/or the staff in a friendly no confrontational manner. Some one may have had the same problem and has the answer. And you will have a happy memory about how helpful your fellow travels and the staff really are.

11) Bring your own ground coffee for the Espresso machine. I love my coffee but gave up drinking theirs. It is worse than instant.

Cheers! Here is to your great vacation!!!

Richard from Montreal

Room tip: If you do not like yours ask to change. A $10 tip may get you an upgrade!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank LoveCuba2
BeLiveTurquesa1, Manager at Be Live Experience Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for choosing the destination to spend your vacations. We would like to get to know your impressions closely in order to provide you with a better service.
The Hotel counts as Germany's first market since its opening 20 years ago.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I just come back from Varadero, Cuba. My vacation is from 15 - 22 Oct. 2018. It should be 4 star hotel in there, the price is not worth when I am arrived. The room just have one big bottle of water (need fill up at the buffet rest. everyday by customer), mini fridge is empty. I knew all inclusive package should be have difference drink in the fridge, but the staff told that you need went to mini bar get the drink, that is all inclusive already. Shampoo, shower soap and toilet paper is not enough too. The front desk staff didn't know how to spoke the English when I have question by the phone, she hanged up suddenly. The room is very dirty even though the cleaner did once a times everyday. Buffet rest. is not enough foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner, don't have lot of choose. Lunch and dinner foods almost the same and the taste is very poor. Mexico dinner is very very bad, Italian foods is good for fine dinner. Swimming pool water is not good also. How you think this is 4 star hotel ? I won't be go there anymore, it is not worth at all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Grace C
BeLiveTurquesa1, Manager at Be Live Experience Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

First of all receive our greetings and thanks for letting us know your impressions, even if we liked to have them at first hand to be able to provide you with a more pleasant stay and like other clients feel at home. Our Reception staff has more than 15 years of work experience in the position with English language proficiency. Our customers receive a bottle of Natural Water as a courtesy upon arrival. The Minibar Service is requested in the Mojito Lobby bar according to tastes and interests and is placed in the room immediately. Shampoo, shower soap and toilet paper are replenished according to your daily use. Thank you for choosing us. Your comments help us.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

My wife and I have stayed at this lovely property several times. One , has to remember that you are in Cuba so the standards that you are use to at home are not the same here. Check in was quick and front desk personnel were very polite, friendly and professional. Our room was clean, the mattress was firm yet cormfortable. Our maid Yamille was fantastic and very entertaining. The morning bartenders at the pool bar were always friendly and gave superb service. All the staff we encounter were fantastic
which made our holiday all the more enjoyable. The red wine, beer and rum with tonic were delicious. The food was very good , pizza at the ranchon was fantastic. The buffet had something for everyone to enjoy. The freshly made bread and buns were a real treat as well as the on site ice cream. This was the first time I gained weight while staying in Cuba. A special thanks to Anna and her team they went above and beyond for us, especially for our anniversary. We recommend this resort , the ones who complain and are so negative should stay away and go to Vegas to get fat.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank chefon7
Reviewed October 20, 2018

I usually don't write reviews when I travel, but my experience at Be Live Turquesa was so terrible that I decided to make time to register and write a review on TripAdvisor. Here we go.

Reception:

Their attitude is truly terrible. Everytime you approach with a basic question they can't help but to show their disinterest. The mid-age blond reception is one piece of art. She doesn't even look at you when you come to the desk. They accept Canadian dollar for 0.68$ per CUC. At the ATM machines it is 0.76$. They also charge 2 CUCs daily for using the safe in the room. Also, has an statement saying that if you lose something that isn't in the safe from your room, it isn't their responsibility. Water at hotel store is 2CUSs per 1.5L bottle, and the nearest shop sells them for 0.7 CUC.

Room:

It literally smelled like a swamp. The ACs started working properly after some configuration by myself, but the smell never went away. The paint on the door is peeling off. I think it hasn't been re-painted for at least 10+ years. Bathroom smells like a sewage system is failing. Towels and bed sheets had stains looked like blood. Everything is outdated.

Food:

I thought Cuba is a tropical country with plenty of fruits, fresh juice, and coffee. Even bananas were not brought at the buffet everyday. It was one of the most tasteless food I ate in my life, and I have eaten in many places with worst condition. The beef was a blood dripping rubber. The only thing I could eat was the chicken.

Beach:

Although the beach has a beautiful view and the water is very clear, it is the only thing besides some friendly staff at the hotel. However, the beach is being polluted by the smoker guests and staff who doesn't care where to throw away their cigarette butts. They just bury them in the sand, and as you walk through the beach you could see them popping out of the sand. There is no smoking or throw away your cig. butts elsewhere sign. Nobody cares.

Staff:

Some waiters and waitresses were nice. The cleaning ladies are nice and try to their best to clean the room and accommodate you. But because the lack of capital maintenance of the buildings and properties, everything is falling apart.

Pool:

Dirty and never cleaned. Only open few days during the week because it gets so dirty it is so green, and when it is clean it is over treated with chlorine, you can't actually see the bottom.

Overall I would never visit Cuba or Turquesa again because of this experience. I know I can't judge whole country with a visit to just one hotel, but overall I got the feeling. The people are nice and friendly, but everything else is just failing. Taxis try to charge you 10 CUCs ($13 CAD or $10 USD) for 4 km ride. But it is okay, happens everywhere.

If you are travelling with a family, never visit this place. It is not family friendly at all.

Room tip: terrible food, unfriendly staff, badly maintained properties, unpleasant smell
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Tyler_Cromwell

Receive the most cordial greeting. It is a pleasure to know your relatives according to your stay and accommodation. Our hotel charges 2CUC per night for using the safe in the room. Our exchange rates are managed as established daily by the BNC. Our Hetel was twenty years of exploitation, it is evident the effort love and affection to improve the services and services to which customers have access. Today we undertake a repair of 100 rooms. The laundry services come from an external company, which is hired and at the same time they are claimed for quality. Thank you.