Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
vince

worst resort ever

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 5, 2020
worst resort ever
dated rooms nothing works
no hot water
bad food i ate at the snack bar all week. always over booked.broken furniture. the shed in my yard would make a better room. will not return.
do not book this resort you will thank me.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.1 km from Hotel Club Kawama
Restaurant
View more hotels in Varadero
2,709 results
All reviews coffee bar public relations lots of hot water magic show peanut butter paddle boats dance lessons lobster keep in mind great vacation repeaters fernando bingo calle
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2020

visited the resort during the Christmas week. The food was good, and it as really delicious at the Christmas dinner. For those who complain about food, I would like to remind you about the rate of obesity in North America, diabetes and heart deceases. From the other hand, Cuba has one of the highest longevity rates in the world. Considering that, think of what you want: stuff yourself like a turkey at all-inclusive, or eat in moderation(-: I prefer the second choice(-: Animation team is great! All staff is friendly and helpful. We had few cloudy days, and therefore did not get hot water as it is heated by solar panels (hello, green energy lovers(-:). But rainy days are unusual for Cuba, so finally got the hot water. And the beach is the best of all resorts I have been so far, including 5 star resorts in Mexico. By the way, the fancier is the hotel, the worth the beach is. I do not care where to sleep as soon as there is a bed and the shower, but if there is non-swimmable beach then the entire vacation is ruined for me. By the way, room was very good. I will certainly come back to this resort!

Room tip: superior room
6  Thank Team_112015
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Hi. We spent a week at club Kawama from dec 4/19. Our overall experience was good. It was my second time there. My partners first. Been to Cuba 18 times.

Reception: overall was smooth and painless. The girl there recognized me from 3 years prior. Totally impressed. Porter took us to our room in a shuttle. Opened the door, plugged in our fridge and dragged in the suitcases. All good.
There is a $ exchange at the front desk and they sell wifi cards as well. But u can only use in lobby.
There r a couple gift shops on the property. They sell towels, souvenirs, cigarettes/cigars etc. Slightly overpriced. But not outrageous.

Room: it was a basic room wth 2 double beds and 4 pillows. Comfortable enough. Nothing fancy. Bathroom was a bit run down but very clean. There was soap/shampoo/Body wash and a kinda janky blodrier lol. But it worked fine. Ac worked great. Fridge had 2 waters every day but only 3 cans of soda and 1 juice the whole week. Wasn’t a biggie for us as long as thers water. Small flat screen tv wth like 3 English channels I think. Ddnt really watch it. We also had an amazing ocean view from our room. It was rite on the beach.

Beach: beautiful pale soft sand. Wat can I say? No problems getting beach chairs. No problems getting a palapa or umbrella. Water was totally swimable the whole week. Not too cold for dec.

Pools: I’m really a beach lover, so I can’t say much about the pools. There r 3. A main pool and small quiet pools at either end of resort. There seemed to b plenty of chairs available. There is a towel exchange. Behind the theatre. But every time we tried we were told there were no clean towels. I always bring a thin Large beach towel from home. So only slightly annoying.

Bars: there was a lobby, pool and a beach bar. Typical drinks available. If your a whiskey drinker, bring a 40 from home. My sweetie was disappointed by the whiskey selection. I love rum. So it was heaven. Lol. Warning... beach bar is terrible. Can’t get the same drink twice. Lol. Bring some large capacity travel mugs and get them filled at the pool bar.

Food: groan!!! I kno I sound like a broken record, but resort food is not good. No one goes to Cuba for the food.
Buffet: breakfast was always good. Not a huge selection. but always omelets and eggs cooked to order. Always a decent selection of fruit. And lots of fresh amazing bread. If your a stickler for PB bring it from home. Coffee was always good with hot milk.
We had 1 lunch in the buffet. Disappointed was an understatement.
Pool snack bar was good for lunches. Hot dogs, porky hamburgers and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches cooked to order. They were decent enough. Filled the void. Snack bar seemed to b open all afternoon then later evening. But not sure of official hours.
Dinners. We ddnt eat a single dinner in the resort except 2 ala carte dinners. Rest of the time we went into town.
Italian restr. Was ok. I had the fillet. Tender but tasted kinda gamey. Pizza was card boardish. But tasted ok.
Cuban rest. I had fillet there too. Was ok. Had a sauce on. Was better. Can’t remember wat my sweetie had. But it was forgettable. Lol

We had some great food in town. Kiki’s for pizza and pasta around $3 to $5cuc. They also have an amazing Caribbean lobster dinner for $15cuc. I had it 3 nites. Also try LaVitorra. There r a couple great ‘fancier’ places in the city park. And the bar on the city park lake makes the BEST piña coladas.
Jesus carbon in Santa Rita. Great food. Great ambience. Live folk singers.
Thers tons of side streets with tiny cafes.
Give them a try. U won’t b disappointed.

Overall... I would stay here again. I like that it’s ocean front, rite in town (Skip the exp cab ride to see varadero) and very clean. R there nicer/newer resorts? Yes. But for a few hundred dollars a person more. I can get a lot of amazing food in town for that few hundred. And see more places. Meet different ppl. Experience sumthing outside the resort. Take the horse drawn carriage tour around town $20 to 40cuc. Take the coco taxi$5-10cuc. Take the double decker. Take a vintage convertible. That’s all part of Cuba authentica!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank calgarycathy
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Very poor in food worst buffet ever and very old resort
Amazing beach and great animation team .
I have been to Varadero 10 times and I know what to expect but this one the food is horrible
Great location close to airport
Bad food that is the main reason I would not recommend this hotel
Paid to much for the holidays because it’s new year

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2019

I have gone a lot to Cuba!!! This was my worst for food, the buffet was aweful and cold allthe time!! You need to book superior to get a nice room!! You need to tip to get a smile and of course service!! Need to pay for safe and for towels!! It is an old hotel made out stones!**!Do not book regular room !! The beach is nice !!! Its Varadero!!!

Room tip: Exellent service because we tip a lot !! Do not book regular room!!
4  Thank 474mylenee
Reviewed December 19, 2019

Kawama was a 3 star hotel and noting was unexpected there. The Beach is wonderful, the rooms were good but no hot water for the first three days for some reason. It is clean and everything is close, even the beach. The food..lol well, it was ok but the Buffet is way too small for the number of people staying there. Lines at each station were the norm, but you did not go hungry. We went out a few times to sample the local Restaurants anyway, Kiki's has Pizza, or a lobster dinner for 15 CUC. They also have other dinners for two which were so cheap that we thought it was for one person and ended up with another meal to take back to the hotel. I personally would only come here if I stayed for a long term and the reason would be cost. Rather than paying 1000 or more per week at another resort for a month long stay to avoid the deep freeze at home in winter.

1  Thank Dave W