Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicola T
Vancouver, Canada

Amazing vacation at club tropical

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 15, 2024
This is my favorite resort in varadero. The staff are so welcoming and are like family. The food has been great. No long walks to the beach as resort is directly on beach. Easy to walk to many restaurants near by. I'll be back in a few months. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Club Tropical. You are all amazing!!
Date of stay: April 2024
Breakfast place
C$78
0.3 km from Hotel Club Tropical
Free parking
Terraza ideal para la lectura, el café en la mañana y el disfrute de las bellezas naturales locales.
C$78
    2.6 km from Hotel Club Tropical
    C$109
    0.1 km from Hotel Club Tropical
    View more hotels in Varadero
    All reviews no elevator separate building chicken downtown varadero beautiful beach toilet paper beatles bar nightly entertainment smaller resort public relations hop on hop off bus lobster bank bingo shows canada calle
    Selected filters
    Reviewed March 26, 2024

Great llittle hotel located right on the beach. Great animation team, especially, Jolie, who treats you like family! The bar staff, buffet staff, snack bar staff and pool bar staff, all great people who will bend over backwards to try and help! Would definitely recommend this resort in the heart of Varadero, close to many attractions.

Room tip: The beach is busy so get there early to get lounger, no bottom floors or elevator.
    Date of stay: March 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    2  Thank Donna E
    Reviewed February 25, 2024

Club Tropical is my favourite resort in Varadero.Beach is beautiful.Rooms are clean and well-equipped.Plenty of pork,chicken,fish and vegetables at the buffet.Plenty of rum,beer and wine at all the bars and blended cocktails at the cigar bar.Delicious Cuban coffee anytime 24 hours.Free cataraman rides at the beach.Great daily entertainment shows.Many friendly regular Canadian visitors.Management and staff work very hard to constantly improve the hotel and to give excellent service to the guests.I visited for 4 weeks in January 2024 and I wish I could stay longer like many others do.Club tropical has become my wonderful Home Away From Home!!

Room tip: Book early as Club Tropical can get booked up.
    Date of stay: January 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    2  Thank mgalexiou
    Reviewed February 21, 2024

Honestly don't go!

Upon arrival we walked into a room that looked like an old crime scene minus the blood. Only a dead cochroach. It was nearly 3 am so we were told we could get a snack at the snack bar. They gave us a disgusting chicken sandwich and refused to give me a piece of toast for my 5 year-old. Requested water... had to beg for a large bottle for 3 people.

Going forward, the food is horrible. There's no pizza, no noodles, nothing really edible. Meat is a mystery... the bread and cheese were ok if you like eating bread and cheese 3 meals a day!
    Bring extra cash to go out to eat.

I guess the ice cream was ok. That about all my kid could stomach.

Drinks... well you'll have to show the bartenders a tip to get any sort of drink! They'll basically ignore you unless you show them a tip. They won't give you a water bottle, so bring your own for them to fill... but you have to tip to get water!

Only beer, wine, (most days), mojitos if they have mint... hard liquor only and no blended drinks.

The pool is cold.

The wifi is not free.

I understand Cuba is a poor country, but this resort was beyond awful. Don't waste your money.

I'm sure there's more to share, but I'll stop for now.

Date of stay: February 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    2  Thank 337jolenew
    Adis Lucia Álvarez, Marketing at Hotel Club Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2024

It is a shame that you left our hotel with that opinion, and that during your stay you did not communicate your dissatisfaction to us and give us the opportunity to rectify it. Please note that due to the hotel category (3 stars), bottles of water in the room and free WIFI service are not included.
    For information, we can assure you that during the date of your stay we have 100% of our rooms occupied, without receiving any complaints.
    The Hotel Club Tropical group apologizes for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Reviewed February 2, 2024

Is a great hotel, the service is excellent, entertainment is professional, the buffet is perfect, for me and my family is better than 5 stars hotel in Varadero, my plane in the future is come back to this hotel and enjoy this beautiful place and beach

Date of stay: February 2024
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    2  Thank Yovanis A
    Reviewed January 24, 2024

I've tried a number of resorts over the years in Varadero but this is my favorite by far!
    Just returned from my 5th vacation here and highly recommend it. Each year they continue to invest in noticeable upgrades and improvements that make it always comfortable and welcoming.
    The staff are always amazing and the location is incomparable.
    They have brought on new and young staff in the Lobby Bar who appear to be in training but I'm sure they will improve with experience. Ernesto is the BEST, he makes sure your luggage gets where it needs to be when it needs be there. He is also way more, just ask him!
    I didn't experience any notable shortages that affected the quality of my experience and truly recommend Club Tropical to anyone looking for a relaxing, enjoyable Varadero vacation!

Room tip: Small, intimate and quiet resort.
    Date of stay: January 2024