With great weather and really good food, the trip was a success. The staff was welcoming and friendly, the entertainment was cheesy (at the nightly shows) but fantastic if you watch the featured artists (pianist, lounge singers).
The Arcada was a fantastic meal with a string quartet playing while you eat - it was very romantic! Least favourite was the La Robleza, but the Italian put on a great show! The staff is always trying to get you involved, but the beach was clean and very well maintained.
My only complaint was the somewhat cleanliness of the rooms..we tipped daily, but always felt kind of grimy! Walls were never wiped and the linens always felt gritty, but I know a 5 star in Cuba is very different. Didn't really like the emphasis they put on your towels (do not lose them)! But the galleria was fantastic - it has my recommendation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero