Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alexia C

Paradise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 30, 2024
it’s a amazing resort and has such a friendly environment. the resort staff were so nice and helpful and the dogs are cute and friendly. Yandy (aka. Candy Boy) is the best entertainer. we were for girls trip and are already planning our next one here.
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded May 2, 2024
Dear Alexia,
Thank you for trusting us your holidays. Our colleagues cannot wait to have you back.
C$83
18.1 km from Iberostar Origin Laguna Azul
Restaurant
View more hotels in Varadero
12,214 results
All reviews lady gaga sexy nancy pizza main pool lobby bar a la carte restaurants fish japanese restaurant main buffet beautiful resort chicken quiet pool fries other resorts recommend this resort entertainment staff bring your own
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2024

My second time to this report, I was here last year. Returned with my daughter for her 24th birthday. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. We were greeted with nothing but smiles and kindness. It didn’t take long for us to make friendships with a lot of the staff. In particular, Yandy aka Candy Boy; he entertained us everyday day poolside, every evening at the nightly theatre, afterward and the disco bar, and all the times in between. He made us feel like we were at our home away from
Home! 🩷

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Bibiana Carbonell Castelo, Other at Iberostar Origin Laguna Azul, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2024

Dear Tanya,
Thank you for choosing us again as the right place for your holidays. our Team will be always delighted to have you back.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Best resort I have been to. I have been to cuba 9+ times. The people are amazing, the food at this hotel is the best I have had, and overall a great experience. The workers do everything they can to make sure your stay is comfortable, fun, relaxing, and a great vacation. If you want to come to varadero, put Laguna Azul at the top of your list. If you meet Yandy (candy boy), he will
do everything in his power to ensure you have a good vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for trusting in our dedication. We will congratulate Candy Boy and the whole Team on your behalf.
It will be a pleasure to have you back.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Food: Of course, everyone says that you don't go to Cuba for the food, but you would expect some basics, right? I have visited this country a couple of times, but they are at an all time low for supplies. In a tropical country, I don't understand why you can't get basic spices for your food. What there is, is very bland and you can't spice it up unless you bring your own. Don't forget ketchup, mustard, etc...for some reason, they can't make it or buy it. Ever had a hamburger (if you're lucky enough to get one!) and have nothing to put on it except shredded cabbage?

Also, just bring US $ for tipping. Their Cuban pesos has devaluated enormously and the Cubans are collecting US$.

The Resort is lovely. One of the main pools was closed for renovations, but we had plenty of space to play in the rest of pool.

Warning! The drinks are literally watered down. We found that we were not getting good Mai Tai and Pina Coladas, so asked to have a straight shot of rum. Believe it when I say that it was water... not watered down rum, but straight water. This was at the pool bar, we had the attendant taste it and she confirmed that it was not rum. She then went inside to get another bottle of rum and this one was better. This was reported to the manager on duty and hopefully will not happen to future travellers.

1  Thank 493nas

Dear guest,
On behalf of the whole team, we would like to thank you for choosing us and for encouraging us to improve the quality of our services. It will be an honor to welcome you again in the near future and to conquer you with a much better experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I’ve been to Cuba several times and know not to expect much, but this time it was below any acceptable level.
Snack bar has practically no food.
The buffet food is poor quality.
Only à la carte restaurants had more or less dissent food.
There is only low quality vines (1 red and 1 white) and Cuban beer and rum in bars and no sparkling drinks to make cocktails except local extremely sweet cola. Practically no non-alcoholic drinks.
Maintenance is very poor, lacking basic supplies in rooms and common areas.
The staff unresponsive, the problems not being fixed.
Definitely not a 4 star hotel.
Only the beach is good

Room tip: Not worth the money
1  Thank krybalko
Bibiana Carbonell Castelo, Other at Iberostar Origin Laguna Azul, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2024

Dear guest,
We are deeply saddened to hear that we did not succeed on conquering you with an experience up to your expectations. We will do our best to surprise you with positive changes on your next visit.
Quality manager

Reviewed April 20, 2024

Just returned from a 2 week vacation on the 16th of April. This is my daughter Ava and I's 3rd 2 week trip since April 2023. We love this resort! We have made so many new friends since our stays here. The Entertainment team is above and beyond amazing! I am proud to call all of them our friends. Special thanks to Yandy for leading the Happy Birthday song to me in the theatre. You all fill my heart. Oliver, Mocha and the lady bartender (I apologize as I don't know your name) the best pool bartenders. Always polite and serve you with huge smiles. The lobby bartenders are as well so incredible. Patient and kind, even when the bar is super busy..and it gets busy! The snack bar is so much fun after the Disco closes. Big wide open space, people grab a bite to eat and often stay until the sun comes up. Luis, you are brilliant!!
I have nothing bad to say about the food. I always found something to eat. I know there are challenges with supply, but that is with all hotels in Cuba not just here. I have been to Cuba 10 times now. Doesn't bother me. I come for the beach and the people.
Our room 15317 was perfect! Everything was in great working order. Comfortable beds and loads of hot water. Our daily maid was Diyanna (sp?) Happy, friendly and took amazing care of us.
The theatre show Circus night is the best! The other shows have not changed but this one was new to us. Maybe time to change it up a bit? Even the dancers looked bored :-(
If I had anything negative to say, it would be that at the buffet the tables are not cleared and reset. Many times we could not find a clean table with cutlery and had to ask for it. Lots of people wandering around looking for the same. The lady by the door coming in to the buffet at breakfast and lunch is a doll. So kind. The food quality ebbs and flows. I get that. But like I said, I always had something to eat and the bread selection is yummy!
I always cry when I leave here. It is so special that our friends, Yandy, Charlie, Pedro, Lazaro, (missed Yalbert this vacation) come to the lobby to see us off. You really have no idea how special you have become to me. Hopefully we will see you all 'one more time'
So thank you to all the staff at the Laguna Azul for again making us feel like family. xx

Room tip: Bing bug spray, you will need it especially at night when it cools down and the breeze drops. Bring your own mug.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bibiana Carbonell Castelo, Other at Iberostar Origin Laguna Azul, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2024

Dear Denise,
Thank you for giving us your vote of confidence. We are honored to be part of your Cuban family. It will be always a pleasure to have you back.