“Cuban Cenote”
Review of Saturno Cave

Saturno Cave
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Varadero
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I arrived on my own and paid 5 CUCs to enter.
I got there around 1pm, just before a tour group arrived so there wasn't a lot of people around. It was a good time to go because there isn't a lot of room on the dock before you jump in.
The cenote in Mexico that i saw could accomodate bigger groups, so I suggest going solo. You can borrow swim goggles up front.

1  Thank mimimoura
Write a ReviewReviews (2,687)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"mexico"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Loved the fresh water pool in the caves. We came to the caves after the snorkling at Coral Beach as part of the Jeef Safarii Tour, water was so clean and refreshing especially after just getting out of the ocean, it was nice to cool off and refresh yourself. The walk was about 5 minutes down from the resturant above, and down about 100 stairs. Well worth the trip.

3  Thank AmylouPrice
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Its awesome to swim in this cave. At first te water is freezing, but than you get usd t it, and it feels warm ad refreshing. The deeper end is better, less rocks that brush against your feet.

1  Thank nicki_baby0
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I jumped into the water at the more shallow, rocky end while others were jumping in at the 22 meter end. I did not see a single staff member there in case of emergency. Brave guys and girls were jumping off the huge rock that sits in the middle of the cavern and I had to close my eyes as each try to outdo each other. Unless the guy collecting pesos for the snorkel masks was a lifeguard in hiding, I was a bit concerned. Take the mothering instinct away and it was stunning....I would love to see what that cave looks like at night but I don't imagine that is an option. On my next trip, I will see if they do bat cave tours because I suspect that slippery substances on the lower stairs was bat guano!

3  Thank dwarkentin2