“Super knajpa!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and drinks, I recommend grilled shripms, pizza, pina colada and metrosexual drink :) .

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to La Vaca Rosada. It was recommended to us by people we met at our resort. There was a group of 10 of us that were going so it was recommended that we book a reservation. We are glad we did as the rooftop terrace is not large; there were only about 7 other smaller tables besides our group able to be seated on the Terrace.

The server was very attentive, asking if we needed anything, offering drinks as our glasses emptied and checking to ensure that everything was good with our meal.

Something to note is that I have Celiac Disease, I am unable to eat anything with Wheat or Gluten. I have an app on my phone that will explain this as well as what I am able to eat. Anytime I travel I make sure the app is available and working so that I am prepared when I eat out. I showed the app to the server. He read it and also brought the app to the kitchen so the chef could read it. With each item that I ordered, I was asked specifically if I could have certain items and if in doubt it was not put on my plate. The server and the kitchen staff were very attentive to making sure that nothing would be put on my plate that I couldn’t eat.

Appetizers that were ordered, by our table, were the Chinese Butterflies, Cheese balls, Spring Rolls and Shrimp Cocktail. I had the Shrimp Cocktail...it was very flavourful. There were about 20 salad size shrimp served with a sauce of mayo and ketchup. Everyone else at the table shared the other appetizers and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I order the Surf and Turf....all I can say is OMG! The lobster and the filet mignon were cooked to perfection. The flavours were amazing....everything just melted in your mouth. My husband had the chicken cordon Bleu, the portion was huge. He really enjoyed it. Other people ordered the Filet Mignon and the Beef Steak. A couple people had leftovers to take back to the resort and they said the leftovers were just as good the next day. We didn’t think to get pictures of the food until after we had started eating, but it still gives an idea of portion size. The one picture of the Filet Mignon is blurry, but you can see how thick the steak is cut.

No one at our table had dessert or coffee.

We all felt that the restaurant was reasonably priced for the amount of food that you get. It was a great visit with great friends....we will definitely be back next year!

1  Thank shirleya1976
Reviewed April 17, 2018

We had dinner here on April 11, 2018. Everything was amazing!! This was our second time here and this visit was just as wonderful as the first time. The portions of food were wonderful, it was delicious and we did not leave hungry. The drinks were terrific!! The service was the best!! We will return next year..Thank you!!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

We visited La Vaca Rosada for another amazing meal on our trip to Varadero. The appetizers are large portions... Chinese butterflies and cheese balls are our favorite. The steak was done to perfection, very thick and medium rare. Their house wines, both red and white are also very good. Ever (the owner) and his staff go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. I told a group of 10 at the resort we were staying at about it, they went the next night and they too couldn't say enough good things about their experience.

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner here tonight! It was the best meal we had this trip by far! Friendly and efficient staff. Reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Varadero!