5,530 results
All reviews sirenas buffet tea corner coral buffet coral lobby bar sirenas pool hour snack bar have a good time ping pong paella night life white sand hot sauce great trip amazing beach great resort evening shows the double decker bus
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We(I'am & my wife) lived in this hotel from October 8 to October 22. excellent beach, good rooms, great location and the best staff in the world (greetings Pancho, Mirlam, Olga and the girl prompted me to write this review - Danei). Everything was just super, thanks to Sol Sirenas - Coral and his very cool staff for the best two weeks in Varadero)
P.s. Danei, I promised and I wrote;)

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pavel43
314coral, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear
Thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the facility. Our team of workers performs an arduous task to get our customers satisfied with the installation, which is a pleasure to know that we meet our objectives with you. We hope you come back with us to enjoy your family holidays.
Sales assistant

Reviewed October 20, 2017

I have to say, that I expected something better for 4* hotel, but reality was different and you cannot change it on spot. In fact there was nothing missed compare to what I've been looking for.
Room is just place to sleep so I don't care if it's old or hyper-modern.Lights worked, water was flow.
Food was warm and it was plenty of that.
Drinks were price included so nothing to complain about.
Pool is big and sunbeds are everywhere, only missing thing was umbrellas but palm trees works also good.
Best of is a beach, only umbrellas missing again.
Stuff of this hotel is amazing. It's them, who make this place comfortable, they working for 12-16 hours a day and trying to make something from nothing for each guest.
With awesome entertainers Liz and beautiful Sey you'll never be bored, doesn't matter if you're kid or grown up. Dancing at beach or around a pool or just talking about weather or last night party, they will spent their time with you just to make you feel comfy.
Many thanks to all stuff there, hopefully hotel will have good revenue in future and those people will have better conditions to make this place excellent for every guest. And also to get them higher salaries because they deserve it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank AliHasman
Coral_Sirenas, Assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear AliHasman
Thank you very much for you opinion, is very important for us to know the client´s opinion. We are pleasured with your comments, is to help for other peoples that don´t knew about the hotel that they adquire knowledge of the installation. We hope that you come back with your family for pass your holidays with us. Nice day

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We were a family of four with 2 kids (13 and 9 years old) that checked into this hotel in August 2017. First of all I am not too fussy, finicky or demanding when reviewing hotels - and if you look at my other 60+ reviews on here, you will be hard pressed to find such a scathing and negative review amongst them. For context and comparison, I do consider myself a mid-range to luxury traveler and prefer Marriott, Ritz, Sheraton, Westin type of properties. This resort (if you can call it that) is the worst ever I have stayed at. The experience was more similar to a cheap roadside motel / motor inn - instead of the 4 stars that this resort claims to be. So please be beware if you are trying to mentally compare this property to the ones listed above - or even some other chains like Iberostar, Melia, Riu etc. This comes nowhere close to them. We stayed at the Melia Havana and Melia Cohiba in Havana - and they were wonderful properties.

We did not stay here more than an hour. The state of the property, the condition of the room, the horrendous smells in the restaurant, general cleanliness and the vibes etc. gave us enough creeps to cancel the rest of our stay and move to Paradisus Varadero Resort and Spa instead. Fact being that we cancelled the booking - without an alternative lodging confirmed for the rest of our stay in Varadero. Our local guide Randy was kind and gracious enough to take us door to door hotel shopping along the strip until we found a hotel with last minute availability during this peak season and to our liking.

In terms of the guests at the hotel - majority of them seemed to be expat Cubans from the America's / Canada etc. that were visiting back home and vacationing here together with their relatives, immediate and extended families. Very friendly, helpful, caring and party-loving.

First the plus: The reception staff in the lobby, bell boy, concierge etc. were extremely professional, helpful and courteous and willing to help, always with a smile. The manager, upon seeing our extreme disappointment even agreed to cancel our reservation without any penalty and refunded the entire amount. Besides that - the beach indeed is terrific. But on the other hand - so were the other beaches at the other resorts we visited along the strip. The long beach in Varadero is one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in the Caribbean (compared to Aruba, Caymans, BVI etc.) - but not exclusive to this property.

The downside: Less said the better. The entire property looks dirty and falling apart. When checking in - the lobby was in complete disarray, extremely crowded with people and luggage - and resembling a train station. The staff was overwhelmed and took us a good 30-40 minutes to check-in.

ROOMS : We had booked a junior suite that was supposed to have a balcony. Upon checking in at the resort - we were taken to a room on the 4th floor of a building. The elevators did not work (and hadn't been working since last 2 days as explained by the bell-boy). So the only way to the room was climbing 3 flights of stairs each time. The room did not have a balcony. We were told all rooms were full and this was the only option available or downgrade to a standard room on a lower floor. The curtain rods in the room were falling off the wall and the curtains themselves tattered - allowing in plenty of light. Don't even get me started on the condition of the beds. Room stank of smoke. Electrical switches hanging out. Paint peeling from ceiling. Bathroom - smelly with mould and yellow water stains. Flush didn't work properly.

Restaurant - we just went to one to check out the lunch buffet. It was dark, dingy, hot, crowded, long lines and smelled of fish. Never tried the food.

Swimming pool - overcrowded and loud. Empty plastic cups strewn all around. We saw a kid get out and take a leak next to the pool, on the grass.

Without going into further details - it should suffice to say we had more than enough share of our adventure here, offering ample motivation for us to just get out of this resort and find another place to stay.

I see a lot of positive reviews here. Different people have different expectations and perceptions and I respect that. This in turn is my opinion compared to certain standards and expectations that I am used to. I don't mean to offend anyone or refute others' opinions - just intend to put forth my perspective to help others make an informed decision.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Jsingh31
Coral_Sirenas, General Manager at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear guest,

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to deeply thank you for taking the time you share your views and comments regarding your current stay with us at Sol sirenas Coral with readers of this internet site.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment due to our inability to assign you right from the beginning a room with balcony. I would like to express that while we try to fulfill each and every single request from our customers, due to the fact that our hotel is currently sold-out and most specifically to the fact that we receive hundreds of requests every single day, although we do our utmost to make possible the requests from our customers, the fact is that at certain point, we will not be able to honor a few requests, not because of lack of commitment, not because lack of organization, not because of lack of will, but due to the fact that at times, the number of requests we receive, out weight what we really have available.

I can see that right from the very first day of your arrival, we gave you a wrong impression and obviously that impression remained with you for the remaining of your stay with us. Without going into the details of what you have written, I would like to assure you that we will do our utmost to implement corrective measures where necessary and appropriate. At Sol Sirenas Coral we have a wonderful staff and our hotel is an amazing property, but the impression we have given you, has felt short of what most of our customers live at Sol Sirenas Coral.

While we respect your comments, we disagree with the way you described our hotel services and staff. Be sure that we will take corrective actions with the inconsistencies that you may have observed.

I take the occasion to wish you a successful new year 2018.

Truly yours,

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Sol Sirenas Coral last week. It looks like it was well recovered after hurricane Irma. The beach was awesome, beautiful sunsets. The buffet food was generally good. The hotel was quiet, so it's a great place to relax.

Reception staff was helpful. The cleaning staff, waiting staff and bar staff were excellent. Thumbs up to this hotel! Very welcoming and helpful. The evening entertainment was also very good.

I really recommend this resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank José Armando M
314coral, Sales Assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is important for us to know the customer's opinion. We are satisfied with your words and knowing that our goals were met, the satisfaction of our own customers.
We hope you will return with us for the best vacations. Nice day

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Rant #1. I had booked last minute and paid extra for "Ocean View". When I arrived in my room and found that there was no ocean view. Only pool view and palm trees. I complained to the staff at the front desk and they told me "It's kind of a view" -yes in the direction of but you couldn't see it. It's like saying it's kind of a view to the US! When I got back I complained to Sunwing and after communicating with the hotel they said that the terms (Small prints) include "partial view". That was not even the case! So don't fall for their dishonest and false marketing!

Rant #2. The place was filthy and run down. I understand to some extent what comes with cheap resorts. But staff walking around not picking up trash...Beer cups, cigarette butts left in the same place for days. Elevator button missing, wires exposed, in the room outlets were popping out of the walls, hard to open the sliding window, bedding- other than the sheets, I don't think the covers were ever washed, curtains falling off etc etc

Rant #3. I have been to Cuba many times before and know the food is not the greatest but never like this. I must say it is the first time I had gone to an all inclusive and lost weight! Just soggy and unappetizing.

I would give this resort 2 stars. One for the beach which was beautiful and 1 for the palm trees.

Room tip: Do not ask for "Ocean View" they claim to have one but they don't and keep your money.-FLASE MARKETING and Sunwing agreed with the Holel.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank emaillaurent
Coral_Sirenas, Sales Assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear emaillaurent
We are very sorry for your poor perception of our installation. Our facility has sea view rooms and the view is beautiful. We have two buffet, two snack bar and four specialized restaurants where you can choose the food of your choice.
We have staff in charge of picking the hotel garden and all the waste thrown by the same customers, which perform a progressive task day by day.
If you have any problems in your room, you can contact the customer service or check the 700 from your room, where you will be given a solution in the shortest possible time. Nice day