5,486 results
All reviews sirenas buffet coral buffet sirenas pool lobby bar hour snack bar have a good time ping pong night life paella white sand hot sauce amazing beach great trip the mexican restaurant great resort evening shows the double decker bus
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Town of Varadero is only 5 mins from the resort with a taxi. Beatles Bar/Calle 64/Havana Club all was a blast!!! SeaTour was fun..open bar on the boat..all you can eat Lobster at Cayo Blanca (Paradise) I really enjoyed staying at Coral Resort! Lots of food! Drinks! Sun! Beach! Pool! Entertainment! and more! What more you want? Perfect. I will be back to this resort. I am making this my to go to resort in Varadero!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrizia F
Coral_Sirenas, General Manager at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear Patrizia F

Thank you for choosing Sols Sol Sirenas. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Varadero and our Hotel. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to pamper you in this, your home. Please, let us know, as soon as you come back, to make all arrangements for your next stay.

Kindly regards

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 days and my experience was good enough considering other places I visited while I was travelling in Cuba. Cuba can be quite expensive so I took advantage of a deal offered by a travel agency and decided to give it a shot. The rooms and buildings in general are quite old but are well kept considering the history that they have (We booked a room with two beds) . We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a lot the beach that is a couple of yards away from the main hotel area. Food was ok but I was expecting more traditional cuban food nevertheles I enjoyed the availability of food and drinks. The only downside was that the lobby was too hot sometimes and during one of the mornings, there was a shortage of energy in the area and some services were unavailable (I think it was an external issue). Overall I would go back considering the deal I got there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NicolasRuiz
Coral_Sirenas, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our facility. We will take your recommendations into account in order to provide a better service to our customers. We hope to have you back to enjoy your holidays with us. Have a good day

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I visited this hotel a few times before and I gave it the best notes in my previous review. I booked this hotel once again this year, fortunately only for 3 days in November and I feel obliged to verify my opinion and publish it. The people who made wonderful atmosphere there - do not work anymore and I'm not surprised at all.
Starting with the reception - they do not respect at all information from the bookings (I had a reservation for ocean view room with higher price and I was informed that I cannot choose such room as they have for me the room without ocean view in another building) - it was necessary to ask manager to decide that they will finally start looking for a room for me according to the reservation. I lost 3 hours waiting for the room, for the manager and finally for the bell boy who disappears for hours and just opens and closed the luggage room - without any help with the luggage. What is more I was decived by the reception as there was scaffolding outside my balcony and I asked about it. I was informed that construction works are finished and it would disappear on the next day. It was a lie as the workers continued their work. The reception is not helpful in any cases. All the replies I could hear were: "I don't know", "It's a general problem (as explaining why it is not a reception problem)" or just popular Cuban "Eeee?" when they could not understand a question in English.
Next thing - cleanliness. The hotel is very dirty: furniture, windows, curtains - look like no cleaned/washed for years :/ During 3 days of my stay - there was no water for 2 days. Probably as a consequence - food, dishes and restaurant staff's hands were not washed and on the third day I got seriously sick (please imagine all possible stomach problems without having water in the room...:/).
Food - very limited choice comparing to previous years, poor quality.
Beach - old beds which I can still remember from previous stays, partly or totally broken in a big mess on the beach, not cleaned and ordered as before.
Animation - practically did not exist, during this stay I saw 2 volleyball matches and 2 animators appeared dancing during "Cuban day".
Evening entertainment - in the past this hotel had a group of professional Cuban dancers and professional singer - evening shows were on really high level. What I saw this time - diseaster, just waste of time.
The only positive thing - the staff in Sirenas bar which was very nice as before.
I visited Cuba and different Cuban hotels many times. I've never been treated like this time in Sol Sirenas Coral and never got so sick. I will never come back again there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank aggiex
314coral, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear aggiex
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are very sorry that this is not the best opinion.
With regard to the sea view room you are referring to, you pay for it in your country and the reservation is mounted, if it does not, it is not mounted and we do not have support for your payment.
Our staff of workers performs a strong task to get our customers satisfied with the installation. Complying with established quality standards.
We regret very much not having met your expectations.
Have a nice day and hope you choose again for Sol Hotels to enjoy your family vacation

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Terrible place, bad service (front desk), the rooms are dirty and very old furniture, some rooms smell bad and musty,the building looks very old and need a lot of renovation, Food was not good.
landscape was nice , the staff were nice and friendly except front desk

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Abdelilah S
Coral_Sirenas, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Dear
We are sorry that a bad perception of our installation has been taken. Our team of workers strives hard to get our customers satisfied with the installation, it is a pity that it has not been so with you. We apologize and hope you choose again for Sol Hotels. Have a good day
Cñlaudia Pérez

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I ended up in this hotel for 2 nights after our Cayo Santa Maria trip was cancelled due to it still not being open from hurricane damage. We panic booked this through a Cuban agent in Remedios and deeply regret it!
It was dirty, so dirty, I had blood on my sheets and had to call the desk 6 times and visit the front desk twice to get them changed, which actually resulted in a room change. Rooms were so old, in poor repair and didn’t look like they’d had a good clean for a long time, bathroom floor and bath was full of hair and floor in general was dusty.
Food was bad, on par with a school canteen, thankfully I’m vegan so didn’t need to brave the meat but it was all just grey bland and yuk.
It was incredibly quiet due to being out of season, in fact most of the hotel was being renovated so we did manage to get quite a lot of the beach to ourselves.
The only reason it doesn’t get 1 star is that some of the staff were fantastic and very helpful, some on the other hand were wildly inaccurate with the information they gave us.
We were really glad to have left.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Charlotte H
314coral, Sales Assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are very sorry for your bad experiences in the installation. Our team of workers performs a strong task to get our customers satisfied with the installation, it is a pity to know that with you it was not like that. The installation is governed by standards of quality in food, despite having several points where you can enjoy it as the snack bar, buffet and specialty restaurants, we regret that you have not found food of your liking in all these places .
If you have a problem in your room, you can call 700, customer service where you will be served directly in your room without having to bother moving to the room, seeking the satisfaction of our customers. Have a good day