“Never ever again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sol Sirenas Coral Resort
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed 10 December 2017

This was our 3rd Hotel in Varadero (as the previous were worse as well) - we would never go there again. We booked executive room (around 300,00 Euro / night) with an own bar in the hourse and an own Restaurant. The bar Closes 1 hour before they should (every day), the Service in the Cosmonautas Restaurant was really worse (especially on second day) - we did not felt welcomed or as a customer. The was no coffee available in the room (as descripted), the coffee Maschine was broken and in the bath room the tower holder was broken as well. We tried breakfast in our exclusive Restaurant and ordered "Toast, Butter and jam" - we got "Baguette, Margarine and no jam" (see Picture). The food in the main Restaurant was low Quality and mostly cold. No signs to know what it even is. On the second day we had more than 7 hours no water in the room - no option to use toilet or shower and the Hotel was even not able to inform. We had to ask 3 times the reception. Any complaints directly in the Hotel to Service personal or even customer Service was not taken seriously.

Room Tip: different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammy102007
314coral, Director of Sales at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear
We appreciate your comments. It is important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the facility. Our team of workers performs a strong task to get our customers to be satisfied with the installation, it is a pity to know that our objectives were not met with used. We hope you come back with us to celebrate your family holidays with Sol Hotels. Have a good day

Write a ReviewReviews (5,141)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Beautiful weather, friendly people , gorgeous beaches . The locals are very nice and English is widely spoken , not aggressive in trying to hawk their wares . They will politely ask and if you are interested they will make a deal . ( I got 25 really nice cigars for 10 pesos !!)
The resort itself is dated but clean . They are doing renos but if you are put off by old furniture and room fixtures , look elsewhere. But who goes to a resort to sit in the room ??The food is ok. Cuba for some reason doesn't have spicy food like the neighbouring countries, that can be easily remedied by bringing a few spices with you . Which I saw a number of people do ....I didn't go hungry ...lol.
The town of Veradero is only a 5 minute cab ride away and while not very big has some great spots to sit , have a beer and watch tons of beautiful old cars and beautiful women go by . The best of both worlds !!
It was my first time there and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing into the pool area , although the outside facing upper floors have a fantas...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank bobbysuncle
Coral_Sirenas, General Manager at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sol Sirenas Coral with the readers of this important social network.

We are glad to know that your stay was overall good and that you left with such a positive impression of the attention provided by our staff members.

Thank you for recommending us and we will be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Just returned from one week stay at Sol Sirenas Coral and loved the location. Amazing beach with loungers always available. The fine white sand makes for great beach walks. While the rooms are outdated and could use a refresh, they are very clean and housekeeping staff are excellent and efficient - thank you Elcita!

Very friendly staff in dining room and adequate assortment of food available at buffet. The Saturday Cuban day BBQ by the pool was awesome. Great food and entertainment. The nightly shows are also quite good. Resort was very safe. Included safe for valuables in room at no extra charge.

Also got great massage for only 25 CUCS (one hour). Would recommend this.

1  Thank elizabethpP9708QT
314coral, Director Comercial at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear elizabeth

We appreciate your comments and we are pleased to know that our services met your expectations. We are very aware that our best resource is our staff and the service they provide, so that our clients enjoy their stay at our hotel.

We will be waiting for your next visit to our hotel to this, your house Sol Sirenas Coral.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Sol Sirenas Coral Resort

I very much tried to keep an open mind when reading the trip advisor comments and thought the resort could not really be as bad as some past guests have noted. When I arrived I thought that because they had just had a hurricane, there would still be some visible damage and that they would still be working on repairs, and they were. No surprise. That in mind, every door in and outside of the rooms are so old and painted over that is was very clear it had noting to do with Irma which brings me to the worst part of my trip. My card door lock. After my 3rd day, I had to go to the front desk because my card did not work at which time they reprogrammed my card (even though I said no lights green or red were lighting up), so back down to front desk I go at which point they said I need a mechanic. So after about ½ an hour I got in. Well doesn’t the same thing happen again the next day! My card did not work and no water. Well, after the 8th time having to call the mechanic on my last day, they offered to move me??? Umm, no point it’s my last day (this should have been offered the 2nd time a mechanic was called). It took 1 ½ hrs to fix the lock to 50% of the time working. So about 5-6 hrs of my trip I spent at the front desk (not a good experience every time – especially the nasty blonde haired woman who worked night shift ) or with the mechanic. Time I will never get back that should have been spent with my friends on the beach or by the pool.
So, let’s move on to the food shall we. Not good food in any way. After a few days of eating the chips I brought and fighting off Russians who do not respect a line up, I tried the grilled steak and said to myself, ok I can live off this. The next day I asked for chicken (I do not eat pork) and steak. Well I got pork and liver (gross)! This made me lose all faith in the griller. Yes, the beach is perfect and the weather was great all, but one day. On that one rainy day it down poured water everywhere which made for very slippery conditions which were made worse when there are no lights at night (good thing I brought a flashlight in case of the power going out). By daylight the elevators were not working due to the weather which meant taking the stairs which I am fine with, but not when they are covered in water. Luckily, I kept one hand on the shaky railing because of the water on the stairs, but I still almost slipped (not good conditions for seniors by the way). Sadly, there was a man who was not so lucky and took a hard fall in the lobby.
This resort could be a nice trip, but only if they spend the time and money to make the upgrades that are badly needed. Clearly train the staff on how to cook/serve the right food (allergy & vegetarian options need to be considered). This was my 50th birthday gift from my sister and I would only recommend this resort if they take guests’ advice and fix the place up. Until then I would have to say if you want to stress free trip, then do not go to Sol Sirenas Coral Resort.
Sadly, a 1 star from me.

Room Tip: Do Not Go Here.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank feverme123
Coral_Sirenas, General Manager at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Feverme123

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to thank you for sharing your views and comments regarding your recent stay at Sol Sirenas Coral with readers of this internet site.

I am very sorry to read of the poor impression we seem to have given you, an impression which in no way is reflective of us and for which I deeply and sincerely apologize. We want you to come back and we will do our best to improve our facilities and services.

The staff attitude you describe is unacceptable and you can rest assured that I will properly and exemplary act with this person. With respect to her, we will as well act on a strong disciplinary manner. Our main goal is to provide to create good experiences to our guest through an excellent service. We know that our guests time is very important, so we will take all measures to assure that all those situations and concerns of our guests, could be fixed as soon as possible.

I apologize deeply for the inconsistencies you cited regarding the food service. What you mentioned is certainly a mistake which of course should not have happened.

I can see that based on all the comments you share, you left our hotel with being very dissatisfied. You can rest assured that we will review each one of those comments and observations, and will do our very best to put in place corrective actions where necessary and appropriate.

Kindest wishes,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Town of Varadero is only 5 mins from the resort with a taxi. Beatles Bar/Calle 64/Havana Club all was a blast!!! SeaTour was fun..open bar on the boat..all you can eat Lobster at Cayo Blanca (Paradise) I really enjoyed staying at Coral Resort! Lots of food! Drinks! Sun! Beach! Pool! Entertainment! and more! What more you want? Perfect. I will be back to this resort. I am making this my to go to resort in Varadero!

2  Thank Patrizia F

Dear Patrizia F

Thank you for choosing Sols Sol Sirenas. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Varadero and our Hotel. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to pamper you in this, your home. Please, let us know, as soon as you come back, to make all arrangements for your next stay.

Kindly regards

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 days and my experience was good enough considering other places I visited while I was travelling in Cuba. Cuba can be quite expensive so I took advantage of a deal offered by a travel agency and decided to give it a shot. The rooms and buildings in general are quite old but are well kept considering the history that they have (We booked a room with two beds) . We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a lot the beach that is a couple of yards away from the main hotel area. Food was ok but I was expecting more traditional cuban food nevertheles I enjoyed the availability of food and drinks. The only downside was that the lobby was too hot sometimes and during one of the mornings, there was a shortage of energy in the area and some services were unavailable (I think it was an external issue). Overall I would go back considering the deal I got there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NicolasRuiz
Coral_Sirenas, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our facility. We will take your recommendations into account in order to provide a better service to our customers. We hope to have you back to enjoy your holidays with us. Have a good day
Sales assistant
Claudia Pérez

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I visited this hotel a few times before and I gave it the best notes in my previous review. I booked this hotel once again this year, fortunately only for 3 days in November and I feel obliged to verify my opinion and publish it. The people who made wonderful atmosphere there - do not work anymore and I'm not surprised at all.
Starting with the reception - they do not respect at all information from the bookings (I had a reservation for ocean view room with higher price and I was informed that I cannot choose such room as they have for me the room without ocean view in another building) - it was necessary to ask manager to decide that they will finally start looking for a room for me according to the reservation. I lost 3 hours waiting for the room, for the manager and finally for the bell boy who disappears for hours and just opens and closed the luggage room - without any help with the luggage. What is more I was decived by the reception as there was scaffolding outside my balcony and I asked about it. I was informed that construction works are finished and it would disappear on the next day. It was a lie as the workers continued their work. The reception is not helpful in any cases. All the replies I could hear were: "I don't know", "It's a general problem (as explaining why it is not a reception problem)" or just popular Cuban "Eeee?" when they could not understand a question in English.
Next thing - cleanliness. The hotel is very dirty: furniture, windows, curtains - look like no cleaned/washed for years :/ During 3 days of my stay - there was no water for 2 days. Probably as a consequence - food, dishes and restaurant staff's hands were not washed and on the third day I got seriously sick (please imagine all possible stomach problems without having water in the room...:/).
Food - very limited choice comparing to previous years, poor quality.
Beach - old beds which I can still remember from previous stays, partly or totally broken in a big mess on the beach, not cleaned and ordered as before.
Animation - practically did not exist, during this stay I saw 2 volleyball matches and 2 animators appeared dancing during "Cuban day".
Evening entertainment - in the past this hotel had a group of professional Cuban dancers and professional singer - evening shows were on really high level. What I saw this time - diseaster, just waste of time.
The only positive thing - the staff in Sirenas bar which was very nice as before.
I visited Cuba and different Cuban hotels many times. I've never been treated like this time in Sol Sirenas Coral and never got so sick. I will never come back again there.

4  Thank aggiex
314coral, Sales assistant at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear aggiex
Thank you very much for your opinion, it is very important for us to know the opinions of our clients. We are very sorry that this is not the best opinion.
With regard to the sea view room you are referring to, you pay for it in your country and the reservation is mounted, if it does not, it is not mounted and we do not have support for your payment.
Our staff of workers performs a strong task to get our customers satisfied with the installation. Complying with established quality standards.
We regret very much not having met your expectations.
Have a nice day and hope you choose again for Sol Hotels to enjoy your family vacation
Sales assistant