Iberostar Varadero
Barcelo.com
US$144
US$99
7,204 results
All reviewsstar friendsjapanese restaurantspa poollobby barfishwater poloa la carte restaurantssurf and turfjunior suiteevening entertainmententertainment staffmain buffetmain poolkids clubother resortswedding coordinatorfantastic holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you are only going to read one review on this site about Iberostar Varadero, please let it be this one. I am extremely picky about resorts and hotels... I really expect everything to be perfect at a 5 star hotel. It is very rare that any resort lives up to my expectations (or even lives up to the pictures in the brochures!), but Iberostar Varadero exceeded my expectations in every regard. From the minute my wife and I arrived (we are both 35 years old) we were treated like family. We were given every consideration and never had to worry about a thing. The staff was friendly, quick and courteous, and their english was excellent.
The grounds were perfectly clean, and lush. The swimming pools were crystal clear and the beach was stunning. As we walked up and down the beach we noticed that the other resorts had rocky shorelines or debris, but the Iberostar had just beautiful sand (and free flowing drinks).
The Iberostar is equally well suited for those who enjoy activities, or those who just want to kick back and lay in the sun all day. There were beachside cookouts and dance lessons, snorkeling, and Kayaking... or you can have one of the staff pull out a lounge chair, and deliver cool mojitos all day long.
The rooms were spacious and had a nice fresh beach smell, and you can open the sliding door to the balcony and let the cool sea breeze sooth your soul. The bathroom was gigantic with every amenity, and as with the rest of the hotel, sparklingly clean.
The food in the restaurants was plentiful and fresh, the waiters/waitresses were helpful and kind. Greeted with a smile every morning for breakfast, along with coffee and juice right away.
The entertainment in the evening was astonishingly good. There was something for everyone, children and adults. You could participate in the dancing if you like, or just sit back and enjoy the show.
There are many more things that I could list about this resort, but I think that you will be happy to discover those on your own. I cannot give any higher recommendation than I would for the Iberostar Varadero, and I will book my next trip there without hesitation.

See you there!

23  Thank jcraig007
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have just returned from our 7th visit to the Iberostar Varadero. As always, our trip was fantastic due to the exceptional staff, great food and fantastic entertainment. We went this year expecting the best as always but were pleasantly surprised that it even got better. First I will start with the food. They have a new chief, Juan Carlo, who has, to our great surprise, improved what we thought was already great food. Always lots to choose from depending on your taste. It was so good, we felt it necessary to tell him in person how much we enjoyed it as well. The down side was we gained a few pounds. It was wonderful to be greeted by the staff that we had gotten to know over the years and catch up on things. We were also very impressed with the Quality Manager, Pilar, who was very social, welcoming and so pleasant to speak to. We felt like it was her goal to make our vacation a great one. Thank you Pilar! There was also the manager Adel, who is so professional. Every day he would say hello and ask if everything was okay which it was. We have to say the same about Pino, very professional and has a soft spot that we admire. As mentioned, the staff is what really makes our vacation. I would be remiss if I didn't mention a few. I will first start with Samuel, Jorge and Yara at the Lobby Bar during the day. They, as always, welcomed us and served the best cappachinos ever. That and a little brandy was a nice way to start our day. Then when we moved to the pool, Charlie, Yamiel, Adel and Rainier at the pool bar were always fun and entertaining. Speaking of entertainers, we loved seeing Alex, Yami, Suira and Victor – they were excellent. For being there the 7th time, they still got us to participate in a few activities just because of who they are. Roberto at the beach bar is such a sweetie and so polite. Then in the evening at the lobby bar, Yumberto, Pablo and Emna made great martinis. Armando and Marcelo who served drinks at the tables, are the fastest servers ever. We also want to mention Marilyn at the evening entertainment bar. She always served us with a smile. Finally, after so many years, I must say hats off to the evening shows. They are always good but his year was just incredible. From the acrobats to the Cuban night, to the Rock night....better than Las Vegas. We also enjoyed on Cuban nights, when they brought in the old cars and BSA motorcyles to see up close as well as the activities surrounding that. I would also like to mention how well groomed the grounds are. The beautiful vegetation and flowers are lovely as well as the arrangements they have around the hotel. Finally the rooms. They are spotless and no bugs. The cleaning staff work very hard to make sure your room is impeccable. We also appreciate the nice touches such as what they create with our towels, the notes, the flowers here and there etc. Nice job. We were also happy to see they made improvements in the room by adding a flat screen TV as well as a great blow driver. We have stayed at other resorts but nothing compares to the Iberostar Varadero. Thank you to all the staff for making our vacation great! We will see you next year if not sooner!

17  Thank Lorenzoandbrandygirl
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed the week of March 6, 2012. The resort is wonderful and the staff are terrific. My wife and I enjoyed the evening shows, "Circus" especially. My 18 year daughter and niece were never bored. This is a clean resort. The Breads at the buffet Ambrosio are fresh and delicious. The variety of foods is vast and well displayed. We were pampered and want to go back.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems request a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernie L
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I just returned back to Newfoundland from a week all inclusive vacation to Hotel Iberostar, Varadero, Cuba. We have been praising its amenities to our friends. Although it was a little more expensive than other all inclusives in the area, it was worth it for us. The meals were exceptional and never once in the whole week did we have any meal that we did not thoroughly enjoy. We also tried the Mediterrian and the Japanese restaurants. We started our day walking the beach and felt so safe with the friendly guards monitoring the beach area. Our late afternoons were spent reading at the pool area. There was no problem getting a place to sit or lay down. We saw only one incident where a young man had been drinking and fell down. Hotel staff quickly saw to it, it appeared, that the young man was not a threat to himself. As for the evening, the entertainment was the best that we have ever seen at a resort. The Broadway show was a real treat. The dancers and singers were just wonderful. The live band was also great. We saw a show every night the whole time we were there. Although short we even enjoyed the last one which was the circus show. Just wonderful entertainment with all the professional lighting and stage effects of a larger show. We plan on going back next winter.

Room Tip: We stayed at Building No. 17. It was close to the beach and a very quiet area. We really appreciated the attention of the cleaning ladies. There were so accomodating. Turning down our beds at night made us feel very much at home.
8  Thank Mary154964
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here 2010....it really is a terrific place.....fab pools...lovely location and such amazing people....nothing is too much trouble.....please go for the Havana trip....Awesome...not to be missed....such a contrast to other places we have seen..We originally booked to stay at the new Riu Varadero but it wasnt finished ..having stayed at 7 other Rius we were a bit anxious but Iberostar certainly came up trumps....Dont hesitate to book this trip....memorable............and see Havana................Happy hols

Room Tip: Always very accomodating....no problem
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple