“Small beach with a great little shop, scuba centre and restaurant”
Review of Playa Porto Mari

Playa Porto Mari
Ranked #12 of 394 Restaurants in Curacao
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I enjoyed our short stay at the Porto Mari Beach on our way to Kenapi Grandi. It had a wonderful little shop and a large outdoor restaurant. There was also a dive shop with a person giving lessons to some people while we were there. I regret not buy a bag at the little shop when we were there. I guess I will just have to go back.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We went here once as a couple for a midday activity and once with a dive group. I am not generally a person who enjoys just hanging out at a beach. This place was nice though. They have lockers if you want to lock up your car keys, phone, wallet etc while you swim, snorkel or dive. There is a modest fee for use of their lounge chairs and we found a couple in the shade.
The snorkeling was just fair, but I've been spoiled by some amazing snorkeling in my travels. I think this would be great for beginners.
The scuba diving on our second visit was fantastic.
We had lunch here on both visits. Service was friendly, food was just fine, and prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful beach!! Crystal clear water, great snorkeling you can see all kinds of beautiful fish. There is a restaurant on the beach that offers food and drinks. There is also a snorkeling gear rental store. Amazing sunset. A place to definitely visit while in Curaçao.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is a private beach, open from 9:30am to 6:30pm. Great location for scuba diving and snorkeling. There’s a lot of marine life. At this location they have a bar/restaurant that there food is great and the drinks even better. The scuba dive shop personnel is very friendly and knowledgeable. They speak Papiamento, Spanish, English and Dutch. Great place to take the family, beach is very clean and kid friendly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Porto Mari beach is a nice place with a nice restaurant. Plenty of sunlounger beds, but these are close together. Plenty of umbrellas (small) for shade.