“Blue Bar”

Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Excellent facility with a very helpful and knowledgeable staff.
Meals are well planned and prepared.
Rooms are very comfortable and well maintained.
Luis and the other bartenders at the Blue Bar can make a very pleasant and delicious cocktail.

Room Tip: Ocean view are the better offering
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eugened337
RCRManager, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Eugened337,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. We are pleased to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that the Blue Bar team kept you entertained!
While we take pride in our room maintenance and our food and beverage offerings it is Luis, along with the rest of the staff members that really make our Resort standout.

We hope to see you again soon to continue providing you with the comfort of service and products you deserve.

Sunny Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is the second time I am here and it is not been a good experience at this time. Fist, the bed sheets were smelling and I had to ask them to change, then the room they gave me has a window that does not open and behind that closed window it is the second time that some event is happening with very loud music. Since I am on business, it has not been fun trying to work or sleep.

Room Tip: Don't get the room that is facing the events because there is music every night.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RCRManager, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear marcos_albuquerque,

Thank you for bringing your experiences at our resort to our attention. We pride ourselves in ensuring that each guest has an enjoyable stay with us and unfortunately we were not able provide the products or elevated services that you deserve as a repeat customer. We are truly saddened to read that the room you reserved and was assigned to, did not quite meet your expectations.
It has been brought to our attention that the music levels produced during the private event held in the conference room did not meet our resort's required volume standards and this information has been shared with our events manager who has taken the steps to ensure that this is an isolated issue moving forward.
We were however happy to learn that for the inconvenience we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a quieter location. We hope that you are now able to work in a more comfortable environment.

Once again please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during this trip. Please feel free to reach out to us at info @ curacaorenassance. com prior to your future return visit as we are committed to ensure that your room is hand selected based on your loyalty to our resort. We are positive that on your return trip

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Received a free5$ play coupon for cruise passengers. Turned it into $20, Free drinks, nice & clean &airy, Seemed to have a good selection of slots. I played the poker machines,

Did not use other hotel facilities.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear jercal10,

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our free 5$ coupon at our Carnaval Casino. This is one of the many reasons that players enjoy their trips to our casino as there are multiple giveaways that can easily be turned into great winnings! It is great to read that you were one of our luckily winners and that you enjoyed the complimentary drinks and nice environment.

It is with great pride that we announce that we will be doing a complete renovation and enhancement of our Casino. We are planning on adding more sophisticated machines, tables and lightening all to cater to the needs of our valued players.

We hope that you will return soon to our Dushi Korsou and enjoy our Resort and all the great additions to our Carnaval Casino.

See you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I had the pleasure of staying here for two weeks whilst on business. The room itself was nice and spacious and well kept. The staff are friendly, the food is phenomenal, and the amenities are great!

Infinity Beach = this is a man-made beach with two infinity pools, the larger one is a salt water pool and the smaller one is a fresh water pool. This time of year it wasn't too crowded and is my favourite feature of this resort. You can go into the "ocean" without having to worry about all of the sea creatures one may encounter because of it being man-made. What a brilliant idea as there's no beaches close by... this was perfect. The smaller fresh water pool was great too if you didn't want to go into the salt water pool. Children more preferred the fresh water pool. The beach was beautiful and the service and food was fantastic. Top notch!

Buffet = I went to the buffet for dinner & breakfast once... WOW! Out of all of the Caribbean countries I have been to Curacao and this resort is the best. Expensive (but that's just Curacao) I believe I paid around $50 USD after taxes/tip for dinner but it was worth every penny. The breakfast was okay.

Entertainment = amazing! Live music and the artists were great, there was a large variety several times per week. There's also a casino on the property if you're into that.

Location = Outstanding! There is a movie theatre around the corner and Punda/Otrabanda are within walking distance to many shops to buy anything you like.

Hotel rooms = nice, clean, turn down service was offered nightly. I would recommend trying to get an ocean view room. I had a resort view room which wasn't that exciting yet it was a view.

Overall = staff, food, amenities are great! The price for food is expensive.

I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone, without question and would stay there again in a heart beat. Thank you Renaissance!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I absolutely loved my stay at the Rennaissance Curacao Resort and Casino. The rooms were spacious and looked out to the infinity beach. Yes, it is a saltwater pool that has sand and a beach area but it sits above the water. There is no true beach in Williamstad unless you go up the coast. No matter, there is food and beverage service and if you want to indulge and get a couples massage or have a mani-pedi - right there - the spa is by the beach.

Located beside the Riffort Fort, it has great amenities nearby with excellent shopping, a Starbucks right in the hotel and another one down the street. There is also a parkade which safely housed my rental car. The cinema is around the corner and for fun, you can watch the large cruise ships sail in and walk along the boardwalk and gardens. The only downside is the horns that sound when the ships are leaving port. It only happened once in the four nights that I was staying there.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional and the steak restaurant that is across the street but still affiliated with the hotel was exceptional. It was the best meal that I had in Curacao. During the holiday season, they had steel drum bands playing and local girls dancing group in the promenade. It was so much fun to listen to and watch.

I felt very safe and comfortable in this hotel and it was an easy walk to city centre. The plaza was full of energy with nightly bands and a festive atmosphere in keeping with the holiday season. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My husband and I were vacationing on St Maarten right before Irma hit. We managed to escape on the last plane out - had decided to go to Curacao because we couldn't get back into the U.S. Without any time for research, we arrived at the Renaissance Curacao Resort and were treated wonderfully. It was a perfect place to stay since you can walk to anything - we liked walking over the "swinging lady" bridge for dinner. The resort had everything you could ask for and more, including the staff. In particular, one of the bartenders, Monique, was very helpful with making us feel comfortable, recommending places to go, telling us about the island, and was very gracious. We felt very fortunate to be able to visit Curacao and the Renaissance and our prayers go to the people who live in St. Maarten who lost everything.

I would highly recommend staying here - perfect for a few days and there is a nice man made beach and pool with a restaurant.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach - our windows faced one of the conference rooms so we had to leav...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was the fourth time that I stayed in this hotel. I always stay here when I am on my way to one of the other Dutch islands in the Caribbean or this time to another hotel on Curaçao. The hotel is perfect for a short stay. The city center with its famous pontoon bridge is just around the corner. My ocean view room was clean and comfortable. One morning I had a good view of a large cruise ship, moored at the Mega Cruise Terminal which is almost in front of the hotel. Very special is the infinity swimming pool and the small beach of the hotel. Food was good and the staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank huib
RCRManager, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Huib,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding our Resort. We are very happy that you gave us a chance to impress you while on Curacao for a short period of time and that we did not fail to provide you with a memorable stay.

We hope that in the near future you will consider staying with us for a longer stay in order to enjoy all our services and amenities.

We hope to welcome you soon to your new home away from home!

Sunny Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
4.5 km away
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
5.9 km away
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
3.3 km away
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
10.5 km away
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!