My wife and I stayed for three weeks in this hotel in November, the location was terrific. Hotel is part of a complex which includes the Rif Fort. In the fort there are shops and several restaurants. We ate at several of the restaurants and all were good to very good. From the hotel you can walk through the fort and out to the a square where you can find more restaurants and the Queen Emma Bridge which is an experience itself. The bridge is a mere 5 min walk from the hotel.
One of our favorite features of this hotel was the man made beach which is an infinity pool. It's about 200 feet long, very warm and calm as there is a seawall. Next to it there is a freshwater infinity pool. Mostly every midday we would return to the pool to cool off. Curacao is warm and humid! There is bar service at the beach, its is a bit pricey, Mojito $11 US.
Another nice feature of the hotel;if your a coffee drinker,is there is a Starbucks on the second floor. To access the beach you walk pass it, a bit strange walking out to the beach via the second floor. There is also another Starbucks across the street from the hotel. There is a coffee maker in the room and the coffee supplied is quite good.
Our room was an Oceanside balcony room, the balcony made our stay! It was a fair size with two chairs and a small drink table. In the evenings we sat and had a drink listed to the waves, and watch ships come and go. (Cruise Ship port is very near to hotel).
Service at the hotel was good, the "Navigators" were terrific, helped us with Car Rental and provided advise as to where to go and what to see.
We can't comment on the dining in the hotel as we never ate there.
Overall we very much enjoyed our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad