2,114 results
All reviews man made beach infinity beach nautilus restaurant blue bar interior room salt water cruise ship all inclusive package ocean view fresh water pool floating bridge parking garage walking distance conference room business center fourth floor across the bridge
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Have stayed here several times and its my first choice in Curacao. The Fort next door has several good restaurants and there is a minimart two minutes walk beyond the Fort adjacent to Subway and Pizza Hut. I rarely eat in hotels for dinner but I found the menu here reasonable price and good. The old restaurant menu which is now the room service menu has a much better selection, and unfortunately they would not let me order items off that menu while eating in the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent and fast.

Two serious flaws in the stay. My room had no internet and zero phone service for two days, and the hotel would never give me details on why or when I would get it back. Having no phone service meant I had to continually go to the front desk to beg for service, but it didn't seem to be a priority for them to address. The second is that the front desk could or would not give me change for one $100 bill to pay my taxi. A casino hotel without change for a $100 bill?? Hmmmm....

There is no executive lounge unfortunately.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water where cruise ships dock.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RCRManager, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Dear ontheroadagainva,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property.
Firstly one behalf of the Renaissance Curacao Management team and staff I would like to thank you for always choosing our resort for your accommodation needs while in Curacao.
We are all very saddened to read that this stay did not live up to your expectations and that we did not cater to your needs as we normally do.
The inconveniences that you experienced have been shared with the appropriate team leaders to ensure that we understand and better live up to our guests expectations. Small requests such as a special item off a menu or change for a $100 note are easily accommodated and we are sorry that our team members did not deliver on your requests.

We hope to see you again next year in order for us to make it up to you and provide you with the customary outstanding service our hotel is known for and you have grown accustomed to.

Sunny regards,

Chanteau O
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this hotel. The location is ideal for walking to all downtown activities. All of the staff was so helpful, accommodating and friendly. Housekeeping was very reliable in their morning times of freshening up our room. Everything in the hotel is well taken care of and kept spotless. The beach and pool area is large with many lounges and plenty of available towels for use and quite a few palapas for shade. It's fun to watch the barges and freighters pass by just outside the pool area.
Angelique, at the front desk was so helpful in completing our reservation and surprising us with a wonderful upgrade. Alexis always had a warm, welcoming word for us and the Navigators helped with any questions or dinner reservations that we requested.
Willemstadt is "cruise central" and the only slight negative is that those mega ships dock very near the hotel blocking a sunset view. It's surprising how well dispersed those cruise travelers are, either getting on the many busses for tours or walking into town to shop. Although as many as 10,000 day trippers can arrive, it really didn't affect any of our plans. Most ships leave about 5 or 6 pm and if they do stay overnight, most seem to return to their ships for dinner. We printed out a schedule of ship arrivals and departures during our stay and planned accordingly.
Curaçao is a fantastic vacation destination. We hope to return soon and will certainly return to the Renaissance.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. Christopher the Bellmen greeted us with cool water and brought our luggage in. He also help us during our stay with other directions and requests.
Next we meet Shannena at the front desk an exceptional employee. Greeted us with friendly smiling Marriott face. We used the mobile checking and everything was ready for us upon arrival.She also helped us in many ways and answered questions we asked. Directed us to the locations.
We then received a bottle of Champagne for our anniversary from Sheika who my husband contacted from the hotel chat line for this special occasion . She informed us how much a cab fare was from airport to hotel and made sure we had a refrig for my husband medical needs and extra’s we requested towels coffee etc.
Then we met Reangelo the Navigator a very charming and professional young man who set up all our extra activities. A private tour of the island, dinner reservation, shopping information. And airport departure transportation. We had a wonderful housekeeper for room 374 but I didn’t get her name they don’t leave name cards like other Marriott’s do. We all had a wonderful young skinny tall waitress at the pool beach area every morning she was delightful brought us our beverages she always checked on us to see if we needed any other request . We didn’t have a chance to meet the GM. But we wanted her to know that her staff was wonderful, very professional and they each should receive a spirit to serve awards, because they all made our vacation wonderful.
Only to problems at hotel the banging noise of the metal pipes going in water for the new dock tie ups and the cruise ship guests staring at you from the ships while you were sun bathing and swimming on Marriott so called private beach and pool.
You feel like your on display or being watched.
Otherwise this hotel is Great...
Thank you for a wonderful time and A job well done.

Randy and Marge.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Well I think this was a not nice place to stay. Their beach is a shame (on the 2nd floor of the hotel). There were two infinity pools (one with sea water, one with pool water). You can see cruise ships passing by. You might find it cool. However the scene/view is not that spectacular because weird construction material is vertically standing in front of you. (In the sea) moreover the sea water is dirty. The beach is not with white sand or something. Plus the hotel looks old and we have been to the casino. People are sooo rude there. My husband was playing blackjack and he was playing high, so they should treat us good right ? No way. They are not nice at all with some weird rules in the casino as well. You cannot play two boxes at the same time on different sides of the table, it should only be next to each other. Etc etc. overall don’t stay here. U can pop in the surrounding area (which is touristic) in a day-trip. You don’t need to stay in the center if you ask me.

1  Thank 000Happy000
RCRManager, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear 000Happy000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid views of our resort. We are very sorry to read that our beach and pool did not live up to your expectations. I must clarify that the "construction material" referred to in your review was temporary for 3 days and has since been removed as the government officials in charge of our ports/harbor finalized the necessary repairs and maintenance to our Mega pier cruise port.
Our spectacular Caribbean ocean view has since been restored and we're very disappointed that you did not get the opportunity to enjoy it.
We would also like to apologize for the service you received in our casino. We have taken your feedback seriously and our management team is already looking into additional training for our staff members to improve our services and products. We are proud to announce that soon we will be conducting essential renovations on a few key areas that will definitely give our resort and casino areas a unique and modern look.

We hope to see you again in the near future in order for us to impress you with our amenities and services.

Sunny regards,

Chanteau O

Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

I had a great time here. The staff is wonderful. Monique was exceptionally nice and friendly and knew my name. The hotel is located right next to Rif Fort so it’s very easy to cross the Queen Emma Bridge to get to Punta. Also see Shannon at Irie tours on the second floor - she’s terrific.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo