All reviews common areas queen emma bridge european style free bikes shared rooms perfect hostel adjoining restaurant security guard enjoyed my stay nice place to stay bus station central location hot water walking distance restaurants and bars air con floating bridge
Reviewed January 13, 2018

Myself and by husband stayed at bed and bike curacao for 11 nights Jan 2018. We stayed in a private room with bathroom. (We are both very well travelled, 30+ countries each)

LOCATION: Bed and Bike Curacao is by far the best place to stay in Curacao. The location is perfect! Head to St. Tropez for a pool day (literally a 2 minute walk), or jump on a bus for $2 USD and head to Mambo beach! Many nice restaurants in the area (Pietermaii). Walking distance to Wilemstad city center. Also, they provide FREE bikes for use during your stay! We also rented the bed and bike rental car which was very affordable, and cruised all over the island. We were able to visit/explore 20+ beaches! We felt very safe at all times, there is a security guard on patrol over night.

FACILITIES: Simple kitchen available for use on both floors (microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge, and plates/cups etc). We bought groceries for breakfasts, snacks, and alcohol during our stay, this was definitely a money saver! The hotel is also attached to a cafe, which was really handy. Many days we would buy sandwiches to go, ad pack them for the beach as the beach restaurants were more expensive. VERY clean, bright and modern. The air conditioning was amazing. Books for guests to borrow-which came in handy as Air Canada lost our luggage for 11 days. It had very strong reliable internet, and the TV had netflix built right in, not that we used it much.

STAFF: We cannot say enough about the staff, especially Marla and Nicky. Air Canada lost our luggage and they went above and beyond for us. They dealt with Air Canada more than we did! All staff members were very helpful and also willing to help. They have deals on day packages, we did the day trip to Klien island and the girls set it all up for us. They are very well connected in the community so they can help with anything you need. (An example was when the rental car was already booked on a day we wanted it, Nicky called and organized a really cool old jeep rental for us, which was super cheap- $35 USD per day!). I also suggest booking air port transport through Bed and Bike, its $35 USD, where a regular taxi is a standard $50 USD

All in all, this place exceeded our expectations. Would highly recommend for everyone- families, couples, friend trips and back packers. Appropriate for all ages.

Thanks again!

Room tip: Amazing location and value!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeahM2077
bedandbikecuracao, General Manager at Bed & Bike Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Leah! Well written and super descriptive. I always appreciate reading reviews like this when I'm personally searching for hotels/restaurants so I'm really happy you did this as I'm sure you'll be able to answer many other potential guests' questions about our place and surroundings! It was a pleasure have you both stay with us. I commend you on staying positive throughout your stay despite not having your luggage and belongings the entire time! It never seemed to have interfered with your goal in exploring and enjoying the island. Hope we can host you guys again in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I stayed at Bed and Bike Curacao for 11 days in December/January. The staff are wonderful, the property is clean, the beds are very comfy and the bikes are an excellent bonus!!
I would definitely recommend it for solo travellers, couples or families.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for writing your review! Comfort, cleanliness & service are our main priorities here so I'm grateful to hear you appreciated these attributes! Hope to be able to host you again in the future!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Amazing staff. Very helpful. Nice to have a restaurant in the same facility. Location is really practical. The neighbourhood is the best in Curacao in my opinion. Bike was good. Would recommend to anyone visiting the island for the first time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for writing a review of our place. Good to hear you appreciated the hotel restaurant and the neighborhood. Pietermaai really is an amazing place for so many reasons! Hope to have you back with us again!

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Bed & Bike Curacao is a great place to stay. For my first-time solo traveling and staying at a hostel, I stayed eight days in a shared dorm. The Bed & Bike team made my experience very enjoyable and comfortable. I felt welcome the moment I walked checked in. The facilities were modern, clean and operable. Wi-Fi always worked without delay. The shared dorms were beautifully colored and very roomy.

Bed & Bike Curacao is in a great location conveniently located near bars, restaurants and shopping areas. There’s a café onsite – (Very convenient for the days I wanted to stay in and rest). The beach is a 15-minute bike ride away. The B&B staff always recommended things to do and suggested the best tours. The B&B staff was accommodating with booking tours for me. Overall, the staff is very knowledgeable about the area and enjoy helping the guest. I truly enjoyed my stay and highly recommend Bed & Bike Curacao.

Loretta Y.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for writing this review, Loretta. It's great to hear we were your first experience with staying in a hostel and I'm happy you enjoyed your time with us! Hope to have you back with us again in the near future! Sunny regards, Team Bed & Bike.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Had an absolutely fantastic 2 week stay here in December - it's great value, got comfortable rooms & friendly, helpful staff. What more can you ask for :)

We take a break this time of year from our own B&B to get a well deserved break - this year we went to visit a friend and Scuba Dive in Curacao. When we saw Bed & Bike we knew we had to stay here as the ethos is so similar to our own place

We stayed in a superior room as we were there for a while and wanted to have room to unpack our stuff and not live out of a suitcase. The room was well decorated, tidy and had everything we needed for our stay - including the all important air conditioning which was free (unlike a number of other places we looked at which charge extra for it).

The hotel is a short walk from several excellent bars and restaurants, a 10 min walk from the main town and there's a cafe/bar downstairs which does great breakfasts and food throughout the day.

The free bike hire was a massive bonus as it means we could cycle the 4km each way to our dive centre and not have to rely on lifts or taxis

Unlikely we'll be back in Curacao in the future (so many more places we want to visit!) but as a hotelier we'd throughly recommend that others stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure to meet and host you both during the well-deserved break from your hotel! Good to hear that you appreciated many of the attributes of our place which we consider our priorities (comfort, cleanliness & service!) I'm glad the bicycles were helpful in getting you to and from your dives. Best wishes for the continued success of your place! Sunny regards, Team Bed & Bike