We had booked the "full service package". That included a bag with snacks, robes and slippers, turndown service and a fridge stocked with some beverages. It also included the upgraded beach chairs. Upon arrival we had a hand written welcome note which was a nice touch.
Upon arrival we were driven by a golf cart to our room and shown around. Our room was a nice size, cathedral ceilings and a huge balcony. The walls and ceiling are a dark wood. We were up front , closer to the beach and had a peek a boo view of the water. I wouldn't call this ocean front. Its a few minutes walk to the beach. I thought the bed was very comfortable. The shower was great.
The grounds are lovely, the landscaping is to die for !! There are a few small pools with lovely, quiet places to lay out. The chairs in this area were really quality. I agree that some of the pools seemed a little stagnant. However, We did not swim in the pools. The beach is so lovely. I did see them drain a pool one day and scrub out the bottom.
Its an easy stroll to the beach. There is so much going on down there. There is a restaurant ( not a fan, see review) and tons of places lay out, sit in the shade or have a drink. There was drink service at the beach.
The beach is very nice, it appeared to have good snorkeling. There was some good music playing ( not too loud) .
You really do not need a car at this hotel. If you continue walking left there is a beach club/bar , a shopping center with about 12 restaurants, some really cute shops, a sundry store, a car rental, starbucks etc. Then keep walking, you will come to Chill bar and a little further Hemingways. Fantastic bands on Fri and sun nights.
All workers at this hotel were very nice and friendly.
The only negative things I could say are :
1. You have to get the beach towels at the front desk. This is the completely opposite direction than the beach.
2. They take a $100 security deposit which I thought was strange.
3. Fri night the music at the night club next store is REALLY loud and does not end until very late. I fell asleep around 2 am and they were going strong. It did keep me up for about 2 hours. This is really not the fault of the resort but I feel that it should be pointed out.
4. We never got the "turndown" service and house cleaning came quite late. Not a big deal for us, but felt like it should be mentioned.
All in all, I was really pleased with this hotel and would gladly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the most beautiful island in the Caribbean, on the most desirable beach of tropical Curacao you will find Kontiki Beach Resort. This luxury resort offers everything to make your holiday an unforgettable experience. You are welcome for a memorable and exotic stay. The resort has an extraordinary set up and is built with natural materials. Complex and vegetation, architecture and nature, all combined harmoniously into a relaxing atmosphere. The Tropical Superior is a wonderfully luxurious, renovated room. The extras of the Tropical Superior (full service) will not be available in this room. The Tropical Superior (full service) is a wonderfully luxurious, renovated room for extra comfort. In the tropical superior (full service) you can expect the following extras: bathrobes and slippers, mini-bar in a cold beach bag (on day of arrival), a free luxurious lounge bed at Cabana Beach or a comfort lounge bed at Mood Beach, daily turn-down service (except on day of arrival). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontiki Dive And Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Van Der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort Curacao/Willemstad