I stayed for a week in the middle floor of the Blue house, a two bedroom, two and one half bathroom unit with equal sized bedrooms/en suites, full kitchen and living room, and a spacious deck that overlooks the Caribbean. The deck has a walkway that joins the deck of the upper apartment in the Green house, also a two bedroom, so both of these together would be ideal for a larger group. The apartments are as beautiful and stylish as the pictures.
I was originally going to travel with friends, but wound up going alone. From the moment I walked in, I was made to feel right at home. Anton gave me a welcome drink and a few minutes to decompress and listen to the surf in the lounge, and Yuri made me a grilled ham and cheese sandwich--great comfort food at the end of a long day on planes and in terminals. The whole staff is welcoming, accomodating, and laid back, and I can't say enough good things about them. Yvette, Daniel, Anton, Joshua, Yuri, Tom, Bob, everyone else that I saw occasionally--you all are fantastic.
The location, in the historic Pietermaai district, is great for those that want to get a feel for life on the island outside of a self contained resort. The neighborhood is on the rise, with lots of buildings being restored. A few travelers may be put off by the state of disrepair of some of the houses--diamonds in the rough--but the area is quite safe and walkable, as long as one uses the common sense that anyone should use in unfamiliar surroundings. I enjoyed getting to know the area, walking to the Punda and Otrabanda areas every day. One would probably want to rent a car for at least a day or two, though, to explore more of Curacao, and to stock up the kitchen at Albert Heijn!
Thanks again, everyone at Scuba Lodge, for a great vacation. I look forward to returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad