“Simply delicious”

Ema-Tei
Ranked #116 of 315 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The only Japanese owned, prepared Japanese restaurant in the island. Best sushi and other dishes.
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

I like to have lunch meetings here for a few reasons:

1. They are always open for lunch
2. Between 12 and 4 they have famtastic lunch specials
3. The food is always fresh and delicious
4. There are so many options you can go every day of the month and never eat the same thing

We tried the meet gyoza for the first time this week and they were scrumptious! Seared on one side to give it a little crunch; yum!

I opted for something new this week and tried the katsu chicken, which was a curry chicken cutlet with rice. It was lovely!
My colleagues enjoyed the kyoto lunch bento and barely left a piece of lettuce.

I also must mention that this is the only sushi place I've eaten so far on the island that hasn't given me allergies. Not even from cross contamination (which is usually the problem at other places, since i always ask to not include things I don't eat).

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Went with a part of 10 people, everything was very good, very attentive wait staff, eager to help customers and the prices were good. This is the 2nd time been here and will go again.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

Don't avoid this place because I mention slow service. Maybe they were taking time to make the meal just right. I may go there again before I leave Curacao. It was reasonably priced too. FYI, they don't have Steak Teriyaki, but they have Korean Steak.

Reviewed January 31, 2017

We stopped here on the way back to the cruise ship. Service was a bit slow, especially after asking for the bill. We only had drinks but they have a very extensive sushi menu, so I suppose this is the place to go if you fancy sushi:) I was over the moon with the "Cassis" they sell as I can't get that in the UK and it had been over 9 years since I last had that back home in the Netherlands. The simple pleasures eh

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

I had sushi ! Sushi is not bad but the service was not good at all, they didn't have a bathroom and took long to bring the food and waiter forgot the order and the even charge the mayonnaise.