“Martin Travel Tours”

Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours on Curacao for up to 4 People in a private SUV Car.
Reviewed July 6, 2015

We visited the lovely island of Curacao in April of this year. One of our waitress at the hotel we stayed recommended Martin for a private tour of the island. We took her up on her suggestion and were not disappointed. We had a fabulous day with Martin, who knew so much of the history of the island, great restaurants, best beaches, and the list goes on. Our only regret was we did not take the tour earlier in our week long stay. He even made dinner reservations for us! Thank you, Martin, for a perfect day!!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2015

Dear Murphy. It was a pleasure showing you my beautiful country. And the 4 of you was great company with also treating me to a Pina Cola (virgin of course!) I always give my guests the best day of there holiday. Lot's to see on Curacao. I hope to have the pleasure of your company again one day to show you even more hidden treasures.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

We hired Martin to take us on a tour our first full day in Curacao. He took us all over the island and pointed out the best beaches for snorkeling, as well as giving us restaurant recommendations and other attractions to visit. It was a great way to start our week!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I always try to give my guests as much information about Curacao as possible so they can enjoy this beautiful island even more with great food and awesome beaches. Start of your vacation on Curacao with a tour with me and you know where you want to go back later that week.

Reviewed May 17, 2015

Martin had excellent communication before and after agreeing to a tour. He gave me great directions to meet him at the port from our ship. It was not confusing. He was early to get us. Right away he was very friendly and outgoing. We travelled in his clean vehicle. He took us to places that were informative and fun.The cost of $100 for the tour was well worth the money for our 3 hours. My 10 year old son really enjoyed the tour. As I did too! I highly recommend Martin. You will not go wrong taking a tour with him!

2  Thank R. E
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2015

Dear Rhonda, Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. Even on this short tour I try to show you as much as possible on Curacao in a relaxed way and at your own pace. It is nice to read that your son enjoyed my special kids tour. I hope to see you back soon to show you more of Curacao.

Reviewed April 29, 2015

Whenever my wife and I visit someplace new we usually start by spending a day with a local guide that knows the area and can get us started. Martin did not disappoint.
Email communication was great from the beginning. We had no problems at all setting up the tour and he was very open to what we wanted. I sent him some ideas of places that we wanted to visit and he put it all together.
On the day of the tour, Martin was prompt getting to our hotel. His ride is clean and reliable. He had water for us, which was welcome.
As for the actual tour, I can only say that we loved it. The pace was nice. Not too slow or rushed. We basically covered the whole island. It was nice to see places that are off of the beaten path. Although it was only a few hours, I feel that I have a better understanding of Curacao. At the end, Martin dropped us off in town where we had a great lunch on his recommendation. He also was more than helpful giving us directions for making our way around Willemstad as well as getting back to our hotel.

One thing that I really need to mention is Martin's knowledge of the island and it's history. Many times he gave specifics about what we were seeing. He can name names and list specific dates. This added greatly to the experience.

Thank you Martin for a great day!

1  Thank KonZaZ
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2015

Dear Mr.Marsh, Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I was a real pleasure showing you my island. We only did the morning tour. But we covered a lot. Thank you for beeing my guests. Hope to see you back some day to show you more of the country. I love history. And Curacao has a very interesting one.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 3, 2015 via mobile

We decided to hire Martin after reading all of his fantastic views. Our decision was worth it because our tour at the start of our vacation definitely influenced our decisions for the rest of the week. He is just easy to be with and he quickly figured out our taste and passions. His suggestions on places to eat were perfect! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone coming to visit and in fact, we ended up sharing his contact with multiple people on our vacation
He does love good German dark bread so if your coming from there...offer to stow one in your luggage for him!

1  Thank Monique F
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2015

Dear Monique, Thank you very much for your time to write these nice words. I love my job and meet people form all over the world to show them my beautiful Island. It was my pleasure driving you around and advising you about some nice restaurants we have. Hope to see back one day.