“Great tour!”

Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours on Curacao for up to 4 People in a private SUV Car.
Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

We love going to the real places in areas we visit. We love getting away from the tourist areas to see and hear the real people and their stories. Martin was awesome! He told us history on Curaçao...but he also told us about he and his new wife and their amazing story as we drove around the island. This was the best possible thing to do for us in our first day here. Thanks Martin!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2015

Dear Kim, It was a real pleasure showing you and your husband my Curacao. I always love to talk about this beautiful island and it's interesting history and how I came to live here. As I tour with people from around the world I love to hear how they live. This is a real private tour where my guests can really be them self. Thank you for being you and that you chose me to see Curacao and that you enjoyed my tour and writing this nice review.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

We found Martin Travel Tours on Trip Advisor. We had a few emails back and forth in a timely manner. He is super friendly and accommodating. Worked out the perfect tour with us. One of the easiest Private tours I have ever booked. He gave us directs with a picture as well as a picture of him so we new who to look for. Unfortunately your cruise cancelled Curacao as a part which was heartbreaking but Martin was so easy going about it. Whenever I get to Curacao Martin will be my one and only call!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Dear Amanda. Thank you for your review. A real shame that your cruise not going to Curaçao this time. I hope to see you soon so I can show you my beautiful island.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

Spent the morning with Martin on a tour of the island and my daughter and I could not of been happier with the tour that Martin provided to us. He knew so many things about the island and took us to the most amazing place..If your looking for a great tour book with Martin!!!! just book early as he books up fast and ask him to purchase a bottle of wine that his wife makes it is awesome!! Thanks again Martin for a great day..Amanda and Sarah....

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2015

Dear Sarah. It was my pleasure showing you and you daughter around. And...that you enjoyed the home made wine. Thank you for being my guest. I hope to see you back again so I can show you more of Curaçao.

Reviewed August 7, 2015

My wife and I wanted to see many different things on Curacao and didn't think a morning tour or an afternoon tour would work; we didn't want to feel rushed, so we booked Martin for the whole day. He emailed back that I had "made the best choice ever." Boy was he right!
Martin took us all around the island at a leisurely pace, pointing out historical sites and giving fun historical insights into the history of that area. Martin's unique knowledge of the island gave us an insider's look. He's well-known around the island and it seems at each stop we made -- Hato Caves, Shete Boku, Christoffel, Kenepa Beach -- some smiling local said "Hello Martin!" He took us places I doubt we would've seen on another excursion, and told us things I know we wouldn't have heard (a new housing development was being built on a former landfill...good to know if I'm in the market! Oh, did you know palm trees are not native to Curacao? They were imported from Florida!).
Martin's a great guy, very personable and we talked about a lot of different things as we drove, not just about "the tour" but our lives and his. Martin showed us where he honeymooned in a house with a pool (that's rare on Curacao) and a 5-minute walk to a beautiful cove. It's a place my wife and I will probably look into renting when we return to Curacao in the future! Can't get that on most tours!
At Shete Boku, Martin seemed to have a knack of knowing when the biggest wave in the world was going to crash into the shore and give a huge splash. My wife took a family photo for a group next to us and he told her "wait...wait...now" and lo and behold! Whoosh! Perfect picture! It was awesome. Martin drove us to fabulous scenic overlooks of bays, coves, and Willemstad where we could get magnificent photos of a beautiful island. Before we knew it it was well after 4 p.m. and time to say goodbye.
Martin's tour of Curacao was the highlight of our cruise to the Caribbean. If you're going to Curacao, book Martin Travel Tours for a whole day (or two!). You will not regret making "the best choice ever!"

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2015

Dear Jeff, It was a real pleasure showing you my Curacao. Indeed! There is a lot to see. I hope to see you back some day for a longer stay so I can show you more. Let me know in time so I can make sure you got that wonderful Villa with pool. Thank you for your time to write this review.