“A great day on Curacao with Martin!”

Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours on Curacao for up to 4 People in a private SUV Car.
Reviewed November 11, 2015

Curacao was a port stop on a recent Holland America cruise and thanks to the great reviews on TripAdvisor, I contacted Martin about a tour. His communication was excellent and I knew my friend and I found a new friend. We left the tour's itinerary completely up to Martin except for the fact that we were interested in the Jewish presence on the island and learned that Portuguese and Dutch Jews founded Willemstad in the early 17th century. Martin took us to the old synagogue in downtown, the two Jewish cemeteries and to the old Jewish neighborhood on Scharlooweg. The homes have been beautifully restored and now house many businesses including the National Archives. The building is called the Wedding Cake. Martin's knowledge of the island is amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed his stories of the island, what brought him to Curacao and how he became a tour guide. He took us to beautiful beaches, a national park ($5.50 pp admission), hidden caves and whatever else came to mind. We spent over 5 hours with Martin and had the time of our lives. Lots of beautiful photo ops. Martin is not in any rush to end the day and I'm happy to recommend him highly to those interested in a tour of lovely Curacao. FYI - when you disembark the ship, you will be bombarded by vendors vying for your business. Martin will be waiting for you just outside the security gate. He sent me a photo of himself and a map of where he would be waiting, and there he was. Enjoy your tour with this great guy! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank sandiegogal619
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2015

Dear Gaye, Thank you for your time to write this nice review. As you and your friend were just so nice company I took you to some more places as I usually do. Really nice to hear that you enjoyed your self. Maybe one day we will meet again on Curacao. A big beautiful island with lots to see and do.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

My wife and I were on a cruise with 2 other couples and we wanted to "see" the islands like the locals. My friends did not join this adventure, but we met a couple on the ship, the first night once we left port. I told them about Martin and asked if they would like to join in the fun. Three days later we met onshore and were greeted by Martin and walked to his car. We all sat comfortably, and for the next 6 hours saw many beautiful sights of the island. We trusted Martin to show us the favorites, but also had input to see other things we wanted to. He was friendly, informative, and very personal. We all shared stories and became fast friends throughout the day. We had lunch at a local dive hotel and fed the iguanas. We went into caves and atop cliffs. We saw the same things as the "excursions" but at our own pace and without the big crowds. We ended the complete island tour by driving around the city and the market. Guess who we saw walking the streets? My friends who missed a wonderful time and were in the same old crowded shops as all the other tourists. Shopping is OK at times, but if you want a real taste of Curacao, call Martin and let him show you. Highly recommended.

1  Thank NeptuneHouston
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Dear Mike, Thank you for your time to write this nice review. We had a nice time together. It would be great to meet up again in Texas one day. Thanks for your invite. I hope to see you one day again.

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

We love going to the real places in areas we visit. We love getting away from the tourist areas to see and hear the real people and their stories. Martin was awesome! He told us history on Curaçao...but he also told us about he and his new wife and their amazing story as we drove around the island. This was the best possible thing to do for us in our first day here. Thanks Martin!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2015

Dear Kim, It was a real pleasure showing you and your husband my Curacao. I always love to talk about this beautiful island and it's interesting history and how I came to live here. As I tour with people from around the world I love to hear how they live. This is a real private tour where my guests can really be them self. Thank you for being you and that you chose me to see Curacao and that you enjoyed my tour and writing this nice review.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

We found Martin Travel Tours on Trip Advisor. We had a few emails back and forth in a timely manner. He is super friendly and accommodating. Worked out the perfect tour with us. One of the easiest Private tours I have ever booked. He gave us directs with a picture as well as a picture of him so we new who to look for. Unfortunately your cruise cancelled Curacao as a part which was heartbreaking but Martin was so easy going about it. Whenever I get to Curacao Martin will be my one and only call!

Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Dear Amanda. Thank you for your review. A real shame that your cruise not going to Curaçao this time. I hope to see you soon so I can show you my beautiful island.