We were greeted and given our tv remote and key card to our room for the 2 nts Dbl rm ($150 USD). Upon entering the bathroom we realized there were no wash clothes. We asked the next morning at the front desk where we were told that was not provided. Thank God we brought our own. We were also told we were not entitled to the (BP) Breakfast Plan which was $10.00 US dollars pp. Later in the day we returned to our room to take a shower (laugh). Well, we had a surprise! We has to call the front desk because hotel information that was given to us was in their native language not English. Needless to say there was hardly any water pressure coming from the shower head, Then was told that "you have to run the water for a few mins before the hot water kick in" (WARM WATER)
We decided to try another hotel and stay only 1 night (which was not a pleasant experience at all)
We decided to give San Marco Hotel another try since other hotels we were less than desireable. We booked for the remaining 4 nights 5 days - $65 Dbl rm with BP included. (We returned to the same room) Next day my daughter did not feel well so she laid in bed. House keeping entered the to the room. All they did was mop the floor (not sweep and the mop), wipe the bathroom sink and bath tub (no scrubbing) no new bath soap or bath mat and left the room. The 2nd day, after 2pm in the day, we asked if our rooms were going to be cleaned.
Needless to say we made the best of it for the duration of our stay. I could tell more, but it would not make a difference. We will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Marco Hotel has been recently renovated to satisfy our guests that come to experience the beautiful island of Curacao, especially the ones who come to shop or admire the stunning historical buildings located near our hotel in the middle of the city. Our hotel consists of 80 rooms all with private bath, central air-conditioning, cable T.V. with more than 40 channels and FREE wireless Internet in every area of the Hotel.Downtown casino located of the ground floor of the San Marco building has also been remodeled and has more than 200 machines, roulette, poker and black jack tables and with happy hours and prizes given each week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your San Marco Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Marco Hotel Willemstad
- San Marco Hotel And Casino Curacao/Willemstad