See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

I dont want to spend time on writing this review. Want to keep it short. Guy behind the anti service desk was very impolite. I do not want to come back here, even though the matrasses are nice and firm. A hotel stands or falls with excellent customer service. This is crucial.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martinepeters1975
Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

Booked at booking.com. Great photos were included. But they have to be about 10 years old! Bathroom was not that clean and nice. Everything very old.
Room was quite and the hotel is located very central - that's nice! Only 5 minutes to the famous bridge in central city. Nearby you can find nice bars for breakfast and a drink at night.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ring-tobi
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

Good location but Very old and dirty hotel they gave us room with stinky toilet and after intervention they gave us other room and charge us extra-anyway island is beautiful with great beaches and pubs,city are near bridge is great for sitting eating and watch around

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 403ford
Reviewed July 18, 2015

We were greeted and given our tv remote and key card to our room for the 2 nts Dbl rm ($150 USD). Upon entering the bathroom we realized there were no wash clothes. We asked the next morning at the front desk where we were told that was not provided. Thank God we brought our own. We were also told we were not entitled to the (BP) Breakfast Plan which was $10.00 US dollars pp. Later in the day we returned to our room to take a shower (laugh). Well, we had a surprise! We has to call the front desk because hotel information that was given to us was in their native language not English. Needless to say there was hardly any water pressure coming from the shower head, Then was told that "you have to run the water for a few mins before the hot water kick in" (WARM WATER)
We decided to try another hotel and stay only 1 night (which was not a pleasant experience at all)
We decided to give San Marco Hotel another try since other hotels we were less than desireable. We booked for the remaining 4 nights 5 days - $65 Dbl rm with BP included. (We returned to the same room) Next day my daughter did not feel well so she laid in bed. House keeping entered the to the room. All they did was mop the floor (not sweep and the mop), wipe the bathroom sink and bath tub (no scrubbing) no new bath soap or bath mat and left the room. The 2nd day, after 2pm in the day, we asked if our rooms were going to be cleaned.
Needless to say we made the best of it for the duration of our stay. I could tell more, but it would not make a difference. We will not return.

Room Tip: Try a 4 star hotel, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mildred C
Reviewed June 18, 2015

I stayed at hotel San Marco for 1 night only in August of last year, and my stay was good overall.

My room was very small, old, and definitely needed some remodeling, but it was very clean, and the sheets looked brand new.

The view from my room wasn't very great as the hotel is located right in the city center, and arriving at night (as I did) can be a bit scary, however according to Google and the locals, the streets surrounding this hotel are fairly safe.

The staff at the front desk spoke perfect english and were all very helpful.

The Wi-Fi was strong, and didn't have a single issue.

I'm happy overall and would recommend any budget traveler to book a room in San Marco.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo