“Ridiculous pricing, unprofessional owner”

Screw's Sulphur Spa
Ranked #14 of 111 things to do in Dominica
Reviewed August 4, 2017

If there was an option for zero stars, I would choose it. My husband, kids and I visited my family in Dominica and we decide to visit Screw spa. I don't know if the owner has lost his mind or is operating on pure greed, but he charges $50 EC for non-residents, which is ridiculous. Just think about going to your neighborhood pool. Would you pay $50.00 for a visit.
In addition, the owner had promised my parents-in-law that they could enter Screw at a reduce price. When they asked to speak to the owner, he refused to speak to them. He told his employee to "go and do your job" (this is what his employee told us).
What makes it even more ridiculous is that there is another spa called Ti Kwen Glo Cho about 5 minutes away and he only charges $10 EC per person, $5 EC for kids. The owner at Glo Cho is very professional, much nicer and very welcoming. I would recommend going there instead. STAY AWAY from Screw.

All reviews
"three hours"
"visiting dominica"
"trafalgar falls"

Reviewed May 21, 2017

This place is great for a nice evening dip, especially after a long day of hiking and sightseeing. Price was a little bit high for tourists, but if you happen to go with a local, which we did, they charge a lower price.

There are multiple pools and water falls. There's a cold plunge pool. There's a warm pool and from there on it gets progressively hotter. The hot pool feels amazing, but after a few minutes in, it's scorching!

From the hot pool, take a dunk into the cold pool to close your pores and invigorate your senses. It feels amazing and your skin feels softer.

I definitely suggest going on night. It's a completely different vibe with their colorful ambient lighting and the crowds have left.

Also note, the sulfur water will definitely ruin/color your lighter colored clothing so BEWARE. I learned the hard way when I wore white colored boardshorts.

1  Thank RRS013
Reviewed May 9, 2017

I first went to Screws in 2013 with my family and we have all wanted to go back ever since, remembering the colourful owner, the rum punch, the free fruit platters and gifts for the children, not to mention the soothing waters, the fire flies and the reggae music playing through the trees as you bathe. We grabbed our chance when we returned to Dominica, but what a let down!
The prices have rocketed from 15EC to 50EC for non-residents, while residents currently pay 15EC, highlighting a blatant tourist rip off. After carefully considering whether we could afford to go in, we gave in to our pleading children and went for it. We were met by a rather disinterested European woman who took our money, a bar that sold just bottled beer, no rum punch, no food, no gifts, no atmosphere, none of the things we were so impressed by on our previous visits in 2013.
The spa is a series of rough concrete pools, interlinked with hot spring water. There is little lighting and the pathways are uneven and sharp - this was quite enchanting on our previous visits but when you are paying 200 EC for a family of four, its just not. My daughter cut her foot on one of the paths and we gave it up as a bad job, unlikely to return.
I really wish we had never gone back, so we could have retained our fond memories of the Screws of 2013.

1  Thank mrskesf
Reviewed May 1, 2017

To Screw's, I must give it to you, I finally have found a place in the Nature Isle where I have experienced great muscular healing and relaxation. After our conversation I hope you have taken the initiative on your continuous project. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few month's. Anyone visiting Dominica, this is a must see place. You shall not and I repeat that "YOU SHALL NOT" regret it. Serene, enlightening, and most natural landscape filled with relaxing sulfur baths and natural springs. I went in feeling all rough and rugged from all the work I do in the US and after three hours of soaking in the wonderful pools, all of my muscles were relaxed, my neck and shoulders felt great and well, overall, 100% is not enough five Stars don't justify this location in our most wonderful and prized Nature Isle, Dominica. Please don't litter in the place, if I find out I will hit you with fines that will leave your butts bankrupt on your vacation. To Screw's Cheers my good friend.. ***** Great and I say great for couples.