“Not a Bad Backup”

Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was forced to go to this hotel because HOTEL SANTO DOMINGO wouldnt honor my reservation. At first I was upset that I had to wait for a room, and the lady told me to check the pool out ....IN THE RAIN, but she soon found a room for me. If you dont get a upgraded room, you room will suck, I had a room what needed a physical key to open and the towels was damn, I didnt make a big deal on the towels because the rushed me in the room. But after the bad start everything was ok, pool area AMAZING, and theres little shops that are awesome. If Im not mistaken theres a salon, a convenience store, a clothing store, a pharmacy plus more so you have everything you need. Downside, its far from downtown

Room Tip: Dont book the basic room, its sucks
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
fiestahotelgroup50, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Customer:

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Santo Domingo

Respect to the issue of check in and the room, we regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We recommended our Deluxe Rooms for your next stay.

Take care.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 2 January 2012

On November 18th, 2011 I celebrated the reception party of my wedding at the Ambar Salon of the Hotel. The place was perfect for the kind of decoration that i wanted and i liked the fact that the staff of the hotel got very involved with that matter and worked as a team with the decoration company so that my dreamed wedding could be a dream come true. Another excellent experience was the menu for my guests...The taste of each dish was amazing and the presentation impressed me a lot, not only the food was good it was also exhibited in a unique and elegant way. That night my husband and I stayed at the hotel and enjoyed it a lot, the bed was pretty comfortable, the air conditioning pretty good and the bathroom was pretty modern and well treated.

Farah Noboa-Paulino

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
fiestahotelgroup50, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your wedding in Santo Domingo. We are so happy that you enjoy this special day with us.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed here for a weekend while working in DR. The front desk staff were very helpful. They were happy to answer all the questions I had and organize transportation for me at anytime. My favorite thing to do during a work trip is order room service and just relax. The room service was prompt and, in my opinion, the food was very good. (Note that I was in one of their nicer rooms which, based on the other comments here and another friend's comments who stayed in a standard room, may have impacted some of the service speed).

I've now stayed at a different hotel here in DR that I was told was even nicer than the Dominican Fiesta. In comparison, the Fiesta is much better! The pool area at Dominican Fiesta is nicely kept and there are other options for activities such as basketball, tennis and even football (soccer for folks in the states).

I am not sure this would be the ultimate vacation destination, but for a weekend stay it was lovely and I will be back.

Only complaint: I ordered a piña colada and the waiter said "I made it special for you!" What was special? He made it without alcohol! That would have been fine if that is what I had wanted, but I didn't order it without alcohol!!! Wish he'd asked if that was what I wanted rather than just assuming he was doing me a favor.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and the first night there was some music noise (I think from the pool), had I...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelGirl10t2
fiestahotelgroup50, Gerente at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Customer:

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Santo Domingo. We are so happy that you enjoy your stay with us.

About your comment, we want to tell you that it help us to improve.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here for one night.The staff were courteous, but not overly friendly. The Security would not allow a female rep from the Dominican government to accompany me to my room, so I had to conduct business sitting in the lobby. The Front Desk said I would have to pay extra if I wanted to take a guest to the room; it didn't matter if it was the morning of my checkout. I had never heard such nonsense. Then, the restaurant tried to make me pay for an extra breakfast, because we continued our business meeting in the restaurant where I alone ate the complimentary breakfast. There was nothing special that sets this hotel apart. The bedroom and bathrooms were just ok. I will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bahamason
fiestahotelgroup50, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Customer:

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Santo Domingo.

About your comment, we want to tell you that the rule of people registering for the visits in the rooms is for the safety of our customers.

Respect to the meeting at the restaurant, we have several meeting rooms where you can perform them.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed here during a mission trip in a town 45 minutes away. We chose this because it is a safe location with clean rooms and great breakfast. The lobby area is nice to relax. the pool is large, fitness center to work out as well as soccer, shuffleboard, tennis, hot tub. The only drawback is the UN free Wifi. You had to pay 150pesos for 15 minutes and if you bought the higher amount like an hour, you werent able to sign back on for the rest of your unused minutes. They do give you one free hour per stay if you ask at the front desk. Gluten free food review. Do not eat the yogurt. hardboiled eggs, custom eggs and omelets and nutella were safe to eat. there were various fruits. The coffee is excellent. They regularily have parties on the 7th floor so if you are on the side that faces the ocean it will be noisy until 3 or 4 am. Try to get a room overlooking the pool. Beds were not that comfy but the shower was great when the pressure and hot water heater was working.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
fiestahotelgroup50, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Sir:
First of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel to stay in Santo Domingo.
The Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino it’s been for years the home of lots of mission trip groups. We know how hard you work to make things different for the people of our country and try to make your stay, the few hours you have to rest, as pleasant as possible.
Thanks for all your compliments, but the most valuable information for us in your opinion is the one that will certainly make us improve.
In regard of the Wifi connection, we do have this service included in Deluxe and Executive floor rooms. In standard rooms, and to let all our guests the opportunity of internet connection, there is a one hour per day policy. We’ll check the possibility of signing back in case you don`t use all the minutes at the same time. Our goal here is, above the economic one, the certainty of offering the correct Wifi service. When it was a totally open service, it used to be collapsed by visitors who stayed at the Lobby just for that purpose, letting our real costumers a very slow internet access.
We’re glad to let you know that yesterday we started a program related to food and nutrition, specially cases of gluten free meals, diabetic needs, food allergies, etc. We hope that for your next stay with us you could notice a great change.
We do have live music on the 8th floor on Thursdays and Fridays. The live music is supposed to stop at 11:30 pm, and we`re making all our efforts to improve the soundproof of the area as much as possible.
It will help us a lot to know your room number to check on the beds. Our Housekeeping Department will be more than glad to change the mattress in case we need to.
Regarding the pressure and heat of the water, we’ll for sure take a look at that. It will also help to know the specific dates of your stay. We keep a record of the temperature of the hot water and would like to check on that.

If you prefer you can send us an email to calidad.dominican@fiestahotelgroup.com with the details.

Again, thank you very much for taking your time to write about us.
We’ll keep you updated about your opinion.
Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2011

The reception staff are excellent and extremely helpful. Our organization occupies quite a few rooms during the spring and summer. If there is ever an issue with anything, the staff is very prompt in taking care of the situation. They are very concerned with our comfort. The maids are very friendly and do a great job! The restaurant has a wonderful breakfast buffet, which works good with large groups. The "bell man" are very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JPSween
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Second time in this hotel on business and overall an ok stay. The amenities at the hotel are excellent with a great pool, good size rooms which are clean and well maintained (floor 6) although wifi was a bit iffy in my room but fine in the lobby. The only downside for me was the reception staff - took an age to check me in and general approach was not particulary helpful. Similar on checkout and I expect better from a hotel at a mid range cost. If I go back to DR I would probably try somewhere else as i have stayed here twice now.

• Stayed: May 2011