“I completely disagree” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de Monaga Guesthouse

Casa de Monaga Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santo Domingo
Casa de Monaga Guesthouse
Ranked #24 of 63 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“I completely disagree”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2004

I, too, was initially impressed that Santo Domingo now has a Gay guest house as an alternative to the Duque de Wellington. I was disappointed from the time I walked in. Nobody was on the desk who spoke English. Finally someone was located who could help me. There was no record of the reservation I made four months earlier. Additionally, I was told that the type of room I wanted was not available, yet, during the three days I stayed there, a room was vacant of the type I wanted. One of the staff members exhibited a tremendous attitude. He was not helpful at ALL with scoping out the Gay scene in Santo Domingo. I finally gave up and moved to the Duque de Wellington for the rest of my stay. I do not recommend the Casa de Monaga unless they improve their customer relations. To be honest, the Latino and black customers (I assume they were customers) were treated favorably (from what I could observe) but the white guys like me were looked down upon. I do not appreciate this at all.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2004

I just stayed at a Gay guesthouse located near the colonial zone of Santo Domingo that I found on the internet. The owner and staff were extremely nice and and took very good care of me. This was my first time visiting Santo Domingo, and because they know all about the Gay scene they were able to help me steer clear of some situations that could have ruined my vacation. I had a comfortable room with air-conditioning, cable tv, room safe and with all taxes and fees it was just $45. I would highly recommend Casa de Monaga (and its staff).

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member