“Not worth the price” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Montreal, Canada
“Not worth the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

I would not recommend this place, no hot water, no wireless internet and very poor service. Our room was dirty and the noise from the club kept us awake until 5 in the morning everyday.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HotelElNapolitano, Gerente at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this review, 16 February 2012

Valued Customer.

We apologize on behalf of the management if the experience in our facilities was not expected, I invite you to visit us and try our new rooms fully renovated and most professional service dedicated to you to have a pleasant stay.

Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Totally agree with the review of Aventurera exactly how I felt the front desk ladies very rude and air conditioning was just blowing a little air,towels and blankets def need an upgrade and compare to el jaragua and quinto centenario the difference in pricing is very small and all you get is a very bad service. My only good experience was with the lady cleaning the rooms otherwise very bad experience and would not return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Santo Domingo hotels

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in the Dominican Republic and this is by far the worst one I've ever stayed in! The carpet is old and stained, air conditioning doesn't work unless you consider 75 degrees air conditioning, bathroom towels are dark white not white. The hotel has 2 elevators and in my stay only 1 worked half way, I was stuck for about 10 minutes with about six people and no air! We had to jump out while it was stuck between 2 floors (advise don't ever do this, found out later it's a safety hazard...elevator can start working while you're half way out). Hotel card/key constantly deactivates, you don't realize this until you are on the 7th floor and have to go back down to reactivate athe front desk. Dining area is not the best unless you're just there to eat and run. Unfortunately, I have seen prostitution on the premecise of this hotel as well, this is definitely not my style! Being Dominican myself I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, there are much prettier and better accomodations available within the area! Don't let this hotel be part of your Dominican Republic experience you'll never want to come back and only short change yourself from seeing it's beauty.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

With the rate of crime now in DR, I felt safe at and around the hotel. However, the front desk agents (the ladies) were not very friendly. Bed sheets should be changed for better quality ones; they looked too worn out. If you stay at this hotel, do not touch any of items in the refrigerator. I was charged US$18.00 each for a chocolate bar and a can of peanuts. The ones that would cost you about US$1.50 each in the U.S.). That was abusive, absolutely absurd and unacceptable. Otherwise, breakfast was good.

Stayed July 2010
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I have used this hotel since about 1980. For reasons I really cannot understand, the sevices in this hotel have changed dramatically over the years. About two years ago, I made a reservation in that hotel and when I arrived I was told that I did not have that reservation. I explained that I came from Texas, USA, and that it would be impossible for me to come tho that hotel without having that reservation. I did not get help and instead I had to find a diffeent hotel. About three weeks ago, I made the mistake of getting anotehr reservation in the same hotel and when I arrived I did not get the room I selected via the internet site for this hotel (including an internationa call I paid to be sure I will get that room). I was placed in a room that was most apporiate for rats. I spent three days trying to get a different room and then I was placed in another room that was not really different from the first room. Overall, the service was really bad. People at the front desk were not friendly,. Once several people at the front desk realized who I was (e.g., a doctor and professor in the USA with many scientific papers an books published, and very well connected with "important" people in Santo Domingo) they wanted to please me...but it was too late!!! Then I learned that the hotel is now under the mangement of a French company and that this company only cares abouyt how many people come to the hotel to play at its casino...I do not use my money in casinos, so I guess I was not really welcome!!!. The point is this: Never, never stay at the Hotel Napolitano!!!!!! You would do better if you rent a car, put the airconditioning on, and then use that car for your hotel!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Conconete

Paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2008

Santo Domingo hasn't any beach for pleasant time. Beaches are miles away. So... Napolitano Hotel, on the beach side ? Ah ah ! Napolitano is located in front of the sea but just above the Santo Dominguo main road. All the room are small, noisy (or very noisy), above the (little) swimming pool and the bar (whit orchestra at night...). So, it's a very expensive hotel for this. And the restaurant too !!! My advice : Check in wwith downtown hotel (like Sofitel, more exepnsive) or near Placa de Espana (very beautiful) or in the downtown. You will not have the sea but may be you'll have a pleasant and quiet night.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)