6,104 results
All reviews ocean grill octopus quiet pool catalina building vintage club beata building a la carte restaurants carlos santana premium package main pool swim up bar ocean world dominican republic italian restaurant paradise island entertainment team evening entertainment
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my 5th visit to the Dominican Republic but my first time to the VH Gran Ventana. I have only good things to say about this resort. The staff were wonderful and always smiling, the rooms and resort was very clean and the food was excelente!
I will hopefully be back soon for another visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank antoinettewagg
VHresorts, Manager at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our resort. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Travel Agent, Katie Irwin, The Travel Store, West Jet Vacations & VH Gran Ventana, excellent vacation for 3 couples.

Great advice from our travel agent, excellent service from West Jet Vacations and the staff at VH Gran Ventana were amazing! This all made for a great vacation. We upgraded at the resort to Premium and it was well worth it. Hard working staff keeping everything clean. Great food and drink readily available. They work tirelessly for long hours and always with a friendly smile! We also booked a VIP excursion to Paradise Island with our West Jet Rep at the resort and this was also an amazing experience. Not naming any specific staff at either West Jet or the resort because we would hate to miss anyone but so many special people!!

Room tip: If you want a quiet are, just ask for it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Murray672

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments about your most recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the service you received from our outstanding team. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my second visit to the VH Gran Vantena. It is a reasonably sized resort that accommodated our group of eight, some of whom have mobility issues. I had a 16 year old and a 12 year old with me. It was a first trip south for both and they had a great time. We did not do the evening entertainment for the most part this year as both of my "kids" wanted to go to bed early. Of note, I mentioned in my review from last year that one of the evening's entertainment was done on Styrofoam in the pool. I noted this year that this was now done around the pool and seemed to be much better! We were not picking Styrofoam out of the pool the next day! Thanks for listening!

One suggestion for the resort......it would be nice to have changing room(s) near the lobby for those guests who arrive and cannot check into their rooms before three. I noticed every day around the same time....after the buses arrived, it was a long line up to use the washroom near the pool as people are changing into their beach gear. I did the same on my first day as there are no changing rooms. One other suggestion, the scented oil that is used in this washroom near the lobby/pool is over-powering. It would be great if a softer scent was used. However, it is probably not even required as housekeeping seemed to always either be in the washroom or just leaving when I was heading there. It is VERY clean!

Kudos go out to Elvyn at the Beach Bar for the great and friendly service! Ground staff is amazing! The beach vendors are tiresome! You can't even get off the walkway to the beach and they are converging on you. Waking you up while you're sleeping on your beach chairs. Really? If I say no thanks.....leave me be!

The Italian Restaurant was a hit this year (which it was not last year!) Excellent food. We ate at the Ocean Grill twice this year because we loved it so much last year. It was a miss the first time....but excellent the second night.

Food was great in the buffet. We received a fruit platter and a bottle of rum in our room for being return guests and were invited for appetizers and a meet/greet that evening....but we didn't get our notice until too late as it was left in our room while we were at the beach and we didn't return in time to see it and get ready to attend. We watched it from our room and it seemed like a nice time though!

We didn't get a ground floor as had been originally requested but that was ok for us.....our friends who really needed it were accommodated nicely and I was impressed. It was only a slight inconvenience to me.

One of the ground workers (I am so sorry....but I have misplaced his name in my brain), noticed that our group sat in the same spot every day and started helping to get the chairs together early every morning so that when some of our group went out at 7 in the morning, they were ready for us! God bless him!

My only other suggestion would be that resort invest in some dining room chairs without arms for those who find them uncomfortable. The staff were accommodating with bringing in chairs to the dining room for those of our group who required chairs without arms, but it would have been better if these chairs were already available in the dining room.

All in all, this resort is lovely. If you're looking for excitement.....it may not be the place to go.....but if you are looking for value for your dollar and want a nice and relaxing time.....I totally recommend! We will be back again next year! Can't wait for our week in the sun at the VH Gran Vantena!

Room tip: Light sleepers may want a room facing the beach. 32 steps to the third floor :-)
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank thattruckerswife
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Love the entertiment they are the best grupp åt the hotell aktivitet is the best and the show love it and hos they are with the guest you will be a familj so fas i will go back to same hotell every timet

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DayTrip764407
VHresorts, Manager at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

There is really nothing to complain about this resort. All staff we encountered from housekeeping to bartenders to cooking staff were friendly and helpful. We were assigned a room on the bottom floor and asked for one on an upper floor and it was ready for us the next morning. The housekeeper didn't speak English but she understood from me that I wanted softer pillows and got them for us right away. The resort is very clean everywhere from rooms to dining areas, beach and all public areas. The food is plentiful and there is so much variety ! We only tried the Ocean Grill a la carte and the food was very good. There is a nice coffee station set up outside the dining room with snacks. The animation team is excellent and committed to helping everyone have fun. The beach is beautiful and you can walk quite far in both directions. There is a 2 storey shopping mall less than 5 minute walk from the resort, within the gated area of Playa Dorado that has many shops, a movie theatre, well stocked pharmacy, restaurant and bar, bank, etc. Very convenient ! I would not hesitate to recommend this resort. It is smaller and easy to get around with very friendly staff.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms in the Caribbean generally smell musty. Rooms at the back of the buildings are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michelle C

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent vacation with us! The resort team works hard to provide excellent service so it is always gratifying when that is reward with kind words. We look forward to welcoming you soon!