I stayed at this hotel for five nights through Apple Vacations.
What a disappointment. The rooms are very old and beat up. The air conditioning only works when the motion detector is activated, so the rooms always have a funky smell, and your clothes end up smelling musty. If you call guest services to complain, they give you the run around.
The bathroom is very small and old fashioned.
The tv is not flat screen, but one of those very old boxy models.
The food is mediocre and they have flies all over the main restaurant. I even found one floating with the olives, so disgusting!
Let me tell you about the dinks now... The beer is the cheapest found in the country and the other drinks are all watered down. Who do they think they can fool?
The grounds are pretty... And that's all they have going on for them. I will never make the mistake of going back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Visit Us Inc., Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata