6,380 results
All reviews blue bay spa pool alfredo beach bar the oriental restaurant animation team jade garden teddy bear seafood the grill steak restaurant el dorado a la carte restaurants chateaubriand an adults only resort time share beach vendors
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

First of all this is a hotel is trying to be a 4 star when in matter of fact I wouldn’t even call it a 3 star hotel.

We were greated with drinks as soon as we got to the hotel that’s good. We got to the room and the air con wasn’t working had to get someone to come and fix it. We had to ask nurmeuos times for our bed sheets to be changed as they had several cigarette burns. It took them a whole week to change them! The swimming pools are in dire need a repair the tiles are all coming off them! The pool is very dirty! My girlfriend cut open her foot because of this.

We paid a whole week for the WiFi and it was terrible constantly logging us off or it simply wouldn’t work! The curtains in the room were hanging off the rail I had to fix this myself.

The circle one staff are a complete nightmare avoid them at all costs. They will constantly follow you trying to sell you time shares they will lock you in a room and try sell you them. Thankful we haven’t experience this, but our friends did and they felt really uncomfortable. The balcony door don’t close properly so mosquitoes can come in.

The rooms look terribly outdated. The paint work in the room looks absolutely terrible and looks like it was done by a 5 year old.

The entertainment is absolutely horrible it’s constantly dancing every night and when they feel like it they will grab a few people up on stage. I’d rather variety other than dancing EVERY NIGHT! The shower in the room is like standing outside in the rain it’s absolutely pointless even showering as I feel like I haven’t had one. The hair dryer in the room is terrible it feels like someone is just blowing air on me.

The maid hasn’t even given us any water we’ve had to ask several times. I don’t think they actually clean the room. They just mop the floor and tuck the bedsheets back into the bed.

The entertainment staff are lovely people. Always smiling, very friendly people, constantly asking how we are. Ariel, Alfredo, Veronica and Jandra(not sure if it’s correct spelling) they are lovely people and made the time here amazing.

The food in the main restaurant is sub par, but the food in the ala catre(oriental and steak) are lovely, staff are lovely. Didn’t quite like the fish restaurant as it tasted like I was just eating salt.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Martin J
FRANCISCO D, Public Relations Manager at BlueBay Villas Doradas, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear: Martin

We regret to read your disappointing reviews regarding to your experience with us, first of all, please accept our apology as this is not the quality of service we aim to deliver.

Your comment has been duly noted and addressed to the involved heads of departments in order to follow it up.

As a service oriented hotel we do understand there is always opportunity for improvements, thank you for taking part of your valuable time to share your feedback.

Our expectation is to have our entire customer back to the resort every year for that reason working on the customer’s reviews and solve is very important for us.

Best regards,

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2018

I booked this hotel for a romantic weekend (07/26 to 07/28) for me and my girlfriend ( who is Dominican). So let's start with the good the short list:
The beach was clean of sea weeds and nice.
Did the couple's spa and the the woman hand magic hands
The food was ok

the bad:
Staff keep annoying you about time share and even after you tell them no, or trying to have a romantic weekend same people keep coming back asking until the morning I left.
Took cold to ALMOST warm showers everyday

Photographer asked my girlfriend if she would like to take nude photos in Spanish as if she wouldn't tell me!! I was going to confront this guy for that inappropriate comment, gf told me to leave it alone.
Asked about room safe and wifi : Said I had to pay for both? REALLy
the "free" 10 hour wifi sucked, my gf had to keep logging in or just didn't work!
During the night had to kill a HUGE roach on the wall, thank God my girl was asleep!
Would I go back NOPE, and definitely not at those prices 2 star trying to be a 4 star.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sibreaker69

Dear: Customer

Best regards,

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The people at this resort are amazing ! The food is great and the disco at night was really fun. They know how to have fun! The rooms are also really nice. I would come back.
You have to go dance with Sonyc at the disco night he is an amazing dancer

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear mhcfashion

Thank you so much for choosing BlueBay Villas Doradas to spend your holidays.

We also want to thank you for sharing your review regarding to your experience during your stay in our hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I had a very good vacation in Blue Bay Villas Doradas, everything was perfect, employees are very responsible and polite, I love that place.

I want to get married on the beach, Francisco is working on it, that will be in 2019.

I cannot wait longer to come back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jorge

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time in this resort. The staff was very professional and friendly. The food was great and they have several restaurants in which they offer ethnic foods and from other cultures. The animation crew is very enthusiastic and they involve the guests in their performance. Mr Sonyc, whoi is one of the animators, was instrumental in involving us in the activities. The beach is minutes away and the sand is golden color making it a beautiful area to relax. I would recommend this resort, especially to newlyweds, since it is a couple’s retreat.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family