This was my 1st time in Puerto Plata. I have stayed in Punta Cana area 6 times. The largest difference. Smaller resorts here, beach not crowded, older resort, so upgrades are required, mostly in the beds(need the new pillow top).
I was travelling with 5 girlfriends(so 6 of us-all in our 50's). The rooms were fine, clean, but the beds could be upgraded, they were not terrible, we all slept great. The water pressure in 1 of the rooms was very weak,especially the shower.
The layout of the buildings is great. You are not far from anything in any of the 9 buildings.
The food, They have 3 alacartes. Mexican, Brazilian, and Gourmet, We tried them all once. The Mexican was a let down, because all but 1 of us ordered Fahitas. They fried with the beef or chicken, Bacon.(whats with that?) all you could taste was greasy bacon. the salsa was awesome, but the fahita was really ruined for all of us, due to the bacon. one ordered the chicken dish, with veg, rice, was really good.
The Brazilian, was really good. meat was slow coming to your table, so ask for it before you go to the buffet to chose your veg.
The Gourmet, it was okey. Small steak, and not really very good quality, but was cooked correctly. the quanity was small of the accompanied veg.
The Buffett, Overall it was quite good. Alway something, salad fixings were awesome. So we were really all thrilled with that. The buffett food could have been hotter, for sure, but adequate for the amount of people they are feeding at once. the breads were TOOOOO good. The selection was varied. Fresh meat of some kind being offered at the back grill. Pork, steak, turkey, etc. varied ea. night. Breakfast was the norm and very good. Lunch was best at the buffet, unless you are a hot dog, hamburg fan, and the buns were stale often, at the snack bar as they are left out to long.
The pool area was very large, the set up was great with the different sections for action, quiet, deep , and shallow for families. lots of chairs available. The pool activities were fun. many joined in, the entertainment crew were great.
The beach area, was very clean, wide, sand soft to walk, and not crowded. lots of loungers in plentiful shade if required
There is a little mall to the right. stay away from the 1st area, just over the bridge.(we felt very intimidated, like volchers attaching us. Go to the 2nd area(orange buildings). Better. Lots of the same, sundresses, t.shirts, jewelry.
The shows at night were okey, used the audience a lot.
About the locals coming on the weekend. I feel they are there targetted by the timeshare incentive. They arrive late friday and leave sunday midday. alot of families, teens. etc.
So this resort was great for what we wanted. The price was a very reasonable. 1080.00tx in. So what could you complain about. the charter was great, airport airconditioned. unlike punta cana. a sweat box. The Staff was friendly, service was good. Again, we are not high maintance princess's. Happy to be not cooking or working for a week. Its all good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata