Flights and transfers good, hotel is poor and needs work, looks and feels tired. Don't watch how they drive, as it will scare you loads. Motorbike riders with no helmets and children strapped to them.
Food awful and whole group got ill, spoken with others and they got ill too. Lots to choose from, but flies on the food, especially the fruit. Lacked quality and half of the meat was under cooked.
Restaurants attached to this hotel, Mediterranean was ok, wife had under cooked salmon and our starters and main courses were served in ten minutes. Poor quality.
Mexican lacks spices? Wanted to have something hot.
Pool, weather and bar staff excellent, always friendly and happy. Foam fun on one day, foam party was cool.
This hotel had a lot of Canadians and Americans who use it for hen and stag dos, all well and good, but they do make the bar and pool areas noisy, all I wanted was to relax. Had to change rooms once because of noisy Canadians singing at three in the morning.
Entertainment staff try hard, but lack quality. If you play volleyball and they say you have a prize, that is to sign up for the next part. Evening entertainment is good, but not brilliant.
Room cleaning not good either, numerous times the room was not cleaned by 18:30.
Beach - quality was awful, seaweed everywhere and not clear water, meaning snorkelling was a waste of time. Get to the beach in the afternoon and the beach is full of plastic stuff. Now for the awful bit, if you walk down the beach and away from the hotel area (which is signposted not to do), you only have to walk 200 metres before you get to a rubbish dump, plastic bottles and rubbish everywhere. Really showed how awful people are in regards to rubbish.
Overall a very nice holiday, disappointed by the beach and the hotel just looks and feel tired.
One nice part, there is a shop on the complex in the main shopping area. Dude that owns it is well cool, if you bring him Conor's light (free in your hotel room), he gives you discount on everything. Top guy and great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata