We stayed for five days and I'll tell you the prOs and cons of this place...
Pros: resort is beautiful...grounds are well kept... VIP beach area is nice (get there around 730am if you want a beach bed)...pools are nice....staff (bartenders waiters maids) are very nice. Free drinks were great. Banana boat roads 10$ a person on beach--not bad.
Cons: front desk staff is extremely rude and do not care about you, check in was a nightmare...room was not ready on time then they gave us the wromg rooms, no one wants to help you or give you a straight answer about anything, Beach is not that nice, food is horrible!!!! Be very careful about what you eat...ate mostly bread and fruit. Did not get sick but heard people that did. Buffet is dog food. Entertainment is lacking. Do not book transportation through Olympus tours its a rip off. Felix (works behind the Olympus desk in lobby) is rude and unprofessional. 250$ round trip to and from airport and they wanted to dictate when we were leaving to head to the airport---wanted to bring us at 10am even though our flight was at 3 and the airport is 30 min away!!! We paid extra to have private transportation! Book elsewhere or a taxi is 50$. Save your $. Booking reservations for dinner is the worst system and the restaurants aren't even that great. Ate at blue lagoon (decent) Indian (best) and Johnny's (horrible).
Overall, we got this trip dirt cheap. We probably drank enough to justify it. If you want to just kick back and drink all you want then go, but if you care about food and more things to do then this isn't the place! I would probably not return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach