Casa Colonial is a true gem of a hotel with more of a private club feel than hotel. We were treated like old, dear friends from the minute we arrived at the front gate of this charming spot nestled secretly among the all-inclusives at Playa Dorado. CC is a delight in every aspect but the caring, attentive staff deserves special recognition--they seemed to know everyone's room number and even remembered little but important things. The rooms are large, the beach is beautiful and the pool deck with infinity edges and hot tubs overlooking the ocean are spectacular and inviting.
Casa Colonial offers two types of dining: outstanding casual offerings for breakfast and lunch with great service which can be had in their restaurant, on the pool deck, on the beach or seemingly anywhere. During the evening they open their elegant Lucia Restaurant which reinforces the private club-like atmosphere with a quiet setting offering fine international cuisine with stylish service. The wine list, while extensive, is a bit pricey.
Overall this hotel/resort could compete successfully against pricier and better known competitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach