1,791 results
All reviews teeth of the dog golf cart casa de campo horseback riding beach club dye fore skeet shooting all inclusive package lago grill great golf dominican republic minitas beach golf trip le cirque golf courses are top notch all inclusive plan
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Husband is a golfer and I love a good spa and Casa de Campo accommodates both of us. I did enjoy riding in the golf cart with him and seeing the beautifully maintained golf courses. He wasn't keen on having a caddy but after a few holes with Isidro, he wanted to bring him to our home in Florida!

Our standard elite patio was upgraded and we were on a corner on #10 of Teeth of the Dog. Extremely large accommodation with plenty of room for everything to be put away and live in comfort for a few days. Early mornings were wonderful with a cup of coffee on the patio and seeing the sea in the distance.

As far as food goes, we enjoyed all the restaurants. We relished our late lunch at the 19th hole more than Café lago for breakfast. The Italian restaurant in Altos de Chavon is not to be missed. I will go back just to eat outside under the stars. The little beach bar and restaurant were only discovered on our last day to my regret. That is a hidden gem.

I agree with the previous poster about the golf carts at night. What a trip but all was well when we gave up and got a shuttle down to the Marina. There was a lot more distance between the main area and the marina and beach than I imagined but the shuttle drivers were very nice and timely.

We had a problem at check out but Walter Gomez solved it with a smile and graciousness that was unexpected but much appreciated. Carolina facilitated our advance reservations even with last minute changes.

I am sure we will return to Casa de Campo the next time we visit the DR. It is just too good not to want to go back and visit. It is the best golf course my husband has every experienced and the best spa for me.

Room tip: Room 332 had a view of #10 and the sea in the distance.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IRB33785
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent visit to Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, we are always pleased to welcome you.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World we continually strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and we are glad that this was your case.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

CASA DE CAMPO is just one of the most amazing experiences. I was there 17 years ago and the place is beyond any other paradise. Edward Manana and Luis Sontana were at the front desk for every need . The took the time to smile and answer questions at any moment. Carolina called us the night before to make dinner reservations. All restaurtants were just outstanding with their own unique flair. Michelle at the concierge made arrangements for me to go to CATALINA ISLAND. It was 3 hours of my life that I will never forget. The beach Playa Minitas is just beautiful with the best beach bar. Casa De Campo is a 70000 acre playground of endless beauty and exploring each day of adventure. Erwin Caraballo is your guy that makes sure transportation is always available to go to the Marina or Altos De Chavon. He was so respectful and kind to make sure we had van service to each destination. Of course you get a golf cart but night driving can be a little scary in a golf cart. Our room has amazing housekeeping staff. Room 180 ..Juan was constantly bringing fresh towels and ice to our room. His smile and kindness was like a family member to come into our home each day. If you want the highest in service and upscale food this is your destination. I am planning my next trip in 3 months. Basically CASA DE CAMPO allowed me to do any activity and eat whatever I wanted at anytime. There are no limitations with the beauty and service. The room was so well designed and cleaned with spacious areas. Been to a lot of resorts in the Caribbean and this is above and beyond any other destination.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you very much for your review about your stay at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, it is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from you.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continually strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

We thank you for choosing us and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Great trip, first class accommodation, great food and terrific service, did not feel that I needed to tip xtra to get better service but staff makes you that you want to. Bring 5 and ten dollars bills with you the little xtra goes a long way. Hands down would recommend location to everyone from groups or honeymoon

Trip type: Travelled with friends
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hello Steve, thank you so much for posting your valuable comment about your recent stay with us, we are happy to read that you had a nice stay at Casa.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at this your second home, Casa de Campo Resort & Villas.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

When I checked in with my Dominican girlfriend on September 6, 2018 through September 10, 2018, I was told by the front desk clerk (who spoke great English) that only the room was included in the price we paid, and that breakfast at the Lago would cost us $37 per person. All other meals and drinks would be charged separately. They even kept a $1200 deposit to pay for the breakfast, dinners and lunches we would have at the resort (My deposit was returned promptly when I check out). They even issued us two cards to present at any of the facilities we would visit so that the bill could be charged to our deposit. Nobody told us that all meals would be included. And the person at the desk spoke quite good English too. We never ate or drank at the property. We had a car so we went into town..did what we had to do, and came back late at night to sleep in the luxury room. We didn't even watch TV. Previously I have vacationed at the Bahia Principe in La Romana, and Barcelo in either Punta Cana or Puerto Plata (I cannot remember exactly whether it was Cana or Plata) and we had a great time. I have vacationed at Sandals Resort in several countries, and I loved it.
Suffice to say, we did not enjoy our stay. And to top it all somebody stole $1500 in cash from my luggage. I was wondering why my bag was opened, but never figured that somebody actually took their time to go through our stuff. We left one day earlier because we were so bored. There was nobody around. The place was so quiet (but very beautiful and elegant. The room was luxurious, and the staff was so polite) that it seemed to me that even the birds had abandoned the place. I am sorry..but despite my upbeat and positive attitude, this vacation sucked big time. I only paid $519.00 for 4 night. So no big loss. Just wished I could enjoy a little. No worries though, the girlfriend kept be busy at night. What more can a man ask for ???

Room tip: Our room was 380. It was great. The back and side was the golf course. But absolutely no noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Mr. Elias,

Providing the best experience for our guests is our main goal. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy part of your stay. We will pass along your review to our team so that we can improve future experiences.

Warm Regards,
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We came a long way for the experience and we left very pleased and relaxed. Everyone one we encountered was eager to please in anyway they could and it was apparent they loved their jobs. The facility was beautiful, clean and perfect. For the price point, it met all the expectations and then some. Specifically, the higher the price point, the higher the expectations. Further, we tried the all inclusive package and we felt it was worth it. We will definitely come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018