3,502 results
All reviews preferred pool preferred club bluewater grill lil wayne julia roberts breathless resort entertainment team the blue water grill private pool preferred room french restaurant adult pool preferred area e team swim up room beautiful resort scooby doo
Reviewed April 19, 2018

Received amazing service from the moment we stepped out of our shuttle to the time we left the resort. We booked the reservation through our timeshare and when we arrived, we were notified that we received access to the preferred club amenities. If you are questioning whether or not you should upgrade, i 100% suggest to. The Preferred Club Pool was a m a z i n g. Evan was very helpful with whatever we needed.

With the preferred amenities, we received a butler. His name was Obispo and he was more than a butler- he was our friend. He was the most helpful and nicest person. At any point if something was not working or we needed something, he was there for us. Obi made my birthday very special and i am EXTREMELY grateful we met him!

Overall, we would 100% come back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Dear agonzo456,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. We love to know that you had 'Excelente' time, and that we could exceed your expectations, especially with our service at the Preferred Club. Obispo will be happy to know he could exceed your expectation.Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Just got back from our trip to Now Onyx and it a beautiful resort! Staff is extremely friendly, especially Evan and Mariano. Simon at the pool bar also provided excellent service and often had my drink ready before I even asked. The pool entertainers also did a fantastic job. We also loved the Preferred pool for an adult-only place to relax...although some younger adults blasted loud rap music on their "island" while tossing around a football in the pool on our last day. That's about the only complaint I have...that there was no one who thought to put a stop to that. Upon arrival, we sat in the lounge with a welcome drink while we were informed about the resort. I stepped away and, upon my return, my wife was signing up for the $300 "Preferred" upgrade. My understanding was that it gave us access to the Preferred pool, the Preferred section of the buffet, the Preferred lounge, and premium liquor. I must say that, while I loved the Preferred pool, the upgrade was not worth the money. The reason being that there is no wristband or other way to identify guests as Preferred. The only difference is a different colored room card. What I quickly discovered was that no one asks for your room card when you enter any Preferred areas. I was left with the gut feeling that most of the people at the Preferred pool and Preferred lounge probably didn't even pay for it and that we were the suckers who dropped $300 on it. Of our 5 days there, FINALLY, an employee walked around the Preferred pool on our last day and asked to see our card. In a way, I was thrilled that someone actually checked so that I felt there was a reason to pay the extra $300. Unfortunately, when I waited to see him make the full round and ask everyone at the pool, there were a few groups that he passed right by and I had the feeling that they weren't actually Preferred. I really hate to harp on this because it doesn't change my impression of the resort as a first-class place. I just wish there was a better system in place to ensure that people who don't pay to upgrade won't get the same access that honest people pay for. I highly recommend this resort and will definitely return!

Room tip: Rooms with private pool are overrated. We never used ours here or any other resort.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Gary B

Dear Gary B,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. Preferred guests are required to show their keys on the beach, pool and in the club house, to guarantee they are actually Preferred guests. However, if a Vip Host or a Concierge remembers the guest from check-in, they are not requested to show the card. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Now Onyx is a top notch resort. The food, staff, grounds, pools, beach and rooms are spectacular. The entire experience was relaxing and a fantastic way to refresh from the monotony of day to day life.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. It is good to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our food offer and our friendly service. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Remember LP records in the 60's playing at 33 1/3 revolutions per minute. This resort is a five star property with two star speed when it comes to service. I had one of the 10 butler suites and rented a private pool island ($70 a day advertised at $125 a day) which gives you a cooler with champagne and soda with free refills and supposedly special service. I was there seven days and began to time the visits from the two waiters assigned to us. The longest was a hot dog which took 75 minutes to deliver, but the average time from asking for a drink to receiving it was 47 minutes. The bar was 50 feet away so after four days we just went to the bar and got our own drinks. Massiel and Florenco, the pool waiters, were constantly moving but two waiters can't wait on 200 people with any speed, so the hotel is clearly understaffed at the pool. The TV in the room cut off every six or seven minutes due to weak signal, so don't expect to watch the climax of any thriller as it turns off right as the bad guy is revealed. The restaurants were generally slow, the wait for food or hot water for tea could take 25 minutes, but the worst was this is supposed to be an all inclusive and they recommend you try the restaurants at the sister hotel, Braethless, next door. We went to Culinaria restaurant in the lobby of Breathless and the waiter, Ricardo, just walked up to the table and said "READY?". No other greeting so I assumed that was the only word he spoke in English. We ordered the Lobster which was $65 a person extra, which we were fine with. The lobster tails were larger than an entire Maine lobster, largest I have ever seen in the Caribbean, so the cost was worth it. Then Ricardo told us we had to pay cash. No room charge, no credit cards accepted. At an all inclusive you lock your wallet and purse in your safe. The whole concept is no cash. I was pretty sure we were going to end up washing dishes until my wife pulled out $130 in cash to pay. I can only assume Rude Ricardo stole the money as everyone else in our group of 80 people that we brought with us were able to charge wine and lobster to our room. All in all the property is beautiful, but being part of the Secrets/Breathless/Zoetry/Now group of hotels, this one is clearly the Chevrolet, not the Cadillac of the chain. They should bring the management staff of any Secrets in to train this staff as clearly, the management staff here are rookies. Kudos to butler Zorillo who did a great job of not only getting us the private island, restaurant reservations and other amenities, he brought a eyeglass repair kit and fixed my wife's glasses. The employees are friendly and work hard, they just don't have much leadership.

2  Thank mfingerhut
NowOnyxPC, Director General at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Hello mfingerhut,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. We strive to deliver a great time to all of our guests, and we deeply regret we could not meet your expectations this time. Please receive our apologies for the mishaps you encountered. Our resort has always characterized for delivering excellent customer service, and we can assure you it is not our standard. We will review in detail your remarks about our private island service and restaurant service with our Team, and work to prevent similar reports from our future guests. Your feedback is important to us; please feel free to contact us directly for further follow up, we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

I went with my girlfriend to spend a weekend for us alone, it was the best experience for both, the bar service was fine, the room very clean and the food very good the restaurants we liked a lot the food

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank aguilarrobertobz
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear aguilarrobertobz,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. It is good to know that you appreciate the cleanliness of our room, food offer and service. Please be sure that we will share your kind comments with all the Team, and recognize them for delivering a great experience to you. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Best regards,