We booked this hotel a few months ago when it was managed by Secrets but 2 weeks before our arrival it change to be part of Salamander resorts so it's a transition period but for the most part seems to be going smoothly.
-Beautiful grounds inspired by Colonial America with buildings with balconies and even a fortress. Full of little details. Multiple pools and lots of loungers. The resort is gorgeous every way you look.
-Good sized rooms with ocean views. Designer toiletries (bvlgari).
-Very delicious food mainly at a la carte restaurants (night). The Blue Marlin is a must!!! We also enjoy the steak house and the capriccio. They need more variety at the breakfast/lunch buffet but the food is still good. We didn't eat at the Wok.
-Room service is top notch. Fast. Hot food perfectly served. Smiling and nice people who take and bring your order.
-Great service mainly at the Blue Marlin restaurant (Carlos) and Love bar (Tomas)
-We booked a few months ago when the resort was manage by Secrets and were supposed to have a King sized bed Ocean view room either main building or fortress. We were assigned a room in the main building with lovely views but it had 2 single beds... at that point no more rooms available for the same price so the beds were pulled together... not such a great way to sleep but we manage. I believe an upgrade should have been offer since it was not our fault and we booked this trip with advance.
-Very small beach with lots of seaweed and rocks. I don't really understand building such a massive and beautiful resort in a tiny/ugly beach.
-Horrible drinks at the pool bar and only one kind of white wine offer in the all inclusive package. Almost all the drinks were luke warm to somewhat cold. We used the Love bar which was better. This needs to improve ASAP (I think it was our biggest disappointment).
-All the restaurants/bar AC were either not working or turn off so it was really warm inside even at night with the caribbean breeze.
-Guests can only use the spa pool/jacuzzi/sauna if they either pay for a "day pass" or book a treatment. This is the 1st all inclusive resort that I have encounter and we travel to Mexico/Caribbean 5-6 times a year. This also needs to change is someway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort