2,405 results
All reviews diamond club flow rider food truck martini bar oceanside restaurant mini cooper dc pool fitness staff bedroom presidential suite hunter steakhouse gourmet marche martini mix boot camp diamond pool travel smart air hockey teen club
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The family was there at the end of March.

Room was very nice, it would have been good to be on a higher floor.
Food very good. Very impressed with the main buffet - marche.
The individual restaurants were good. While hunter restaurant was good the steak tasted like lighter fluid.
Spa - had a massage on the beach and in the spa. While I enjoyed the outside experience I prefer inside. During my massage there was too much noise and people were trying to talk to the therapist. Beach cabanas were very good. Beach very clean. Sad that there were no shells to find. We were in the diamond club. Diamond club was ok but had a butler that was useless and did nothing for us other than book our restaurant reservations and get me towels when we were going on an excursion and couldn’t find towels. This is our second connection to the butlers - they need to do a seriously better job. He actually made my vacation unhappy. He showed up on the last day to get money. Service at the bars were slow and bartenders didn’t care who was there first. Lobby bar was good but I used it on the last day. Kids club good. Great basketball court - good job. I would review the age breaks for the various kids clubs. A lot of work went into entertainment but we rarely went - not our thing. Daily schedule - available on the tv. It would be good to get a printed copy. Room service - dinner- good. I found it hard to talk to staff - they didn’t understand English. Oceanside - we loved this location. Resort clean and well maintained. Great baby pool. Food truck was good for the kids. Zen restaurant, it was ok. Grazie, not my thing. Service in restaurants were ok. Be prepared to wait to get in rest. even if you have reservations. Thanks for the slippers in my room. Need more shopping opportunities on resort. Braiding hair - very expensive and the beach ladies were also very expensive. Photos- you can do family photos - no session fees - just pay for what you buy. Figure this into your packing. We did two excursions. Dune buggies where we paid a premium because there were 3 of us in a 4 seat vehicle. Not Impressed. Had to pay extra for the face bandana. For the price we paid it should have been included. My husband and son loved it, me not so much. Stops were fast. We were looking forward to the cave but there were too many people trying to get to the water. The beach stop was nice. The learning Center was good. Remember if you get pictures with the animals you have to pay and there doesn’t seem to be a set price. Our next excursion was a bus tour. Before we got off the bus the tour guide was asking for money for the orphanage - not cool. The tour was good.

Rosa thanks for looking after our room. Medicine thanks for selling the massages. Butler guy - thanks for nothing.

We are travel smart clients. There were a few bumps but they looked after us. Thanks Ismael, Gregorio, Jose Shamir.

Our next stop is St. Lucia.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank 318michellej
Juan T, General Manager at Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Michelle J

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had with the service in our property; we continuously train our staff in order to give an excellent service to our visitors.

It was a great pleasure welcoming you to Royalton Bavaro. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Will start with the good.... new hotel, very pretty, great beach and lots of activities. Reserved for Diamond club and had Andy as butler, he was very good. Food pretty good especially at Hunters and Zen( although need reservations at these two). Overall wait staff attentive and courteous Trip was relaxing, was there with family and friends and had a great time overall
Now the bad... lack of strong management. Reserved room not available so was placed in alternate swim out room. They said was an upgrade, but would have reserved swim out if wanted it. Was told my room choice was not available( ocean view) and just to be happy with the room they gave me. Not really sure why ocean view rooms were available for others who checked in after me? Also, my new room had 3 separate water leaks. 3 separate service calls within 24 hours.( long waits for service and no follow up)I realize it’s new and issues can occur, however never once did management contact me about the room error nor did they ever attempt to contact me for the multiple leak issues to check on resolution. I would have expected a manager to be attentive to these issues and to contact me to help. I was extremely disappointed inDiamond club service and management and besides our butler Andy, ( who was great) did not see any diamond management services.

Date of stay: March 2018
4  Thank 367joanneg

Dear Joanne G

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We are sorry about the impressions that you may receive about the service from our staff and management; our objective is to provide an excellent service to our visitors and always ensure a quality holiday among our guests. We took a note about your point.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Did courses with Ramon, Amy and Alexander they were extremely professional, knowlgeable and fun...
They keep an eye on each participant in order not to have any injury. They explain very well and guide the participants very closely.
Try a TrX class , an aquafit, a zumba or yoga class it is wobderful with these guys

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kyky456

Dear Kyky456

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We heartily appreciate your taking the time to write such a kind review on our resort Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa. We are delighted to read that you spent a most wonderful holiday.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We spend one week in Royalton Bavaro Resort . It was amazing specially the fitness classes with alexander , ramon and amy,geronimo and the activities also were fantastic . I tried the aloe vera with minni cooper and it was really great. And what was really different the foam party in the pool .

2  Thank rolandekh

Dear Khoueiry

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Royalton Bavaro we are glad the product and services were to your fullest satisfaction.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Trx class with Alexander was amazing!!! Thanks a lot! Nice hotel for sport and relax! Thanks all gym stuff Alexander, Ramon, Amy and Jeronimo! I’m very happy be here with my wife and 2 boys 10 and 8 years old!

1  Thank 933romanr