“AMAZING!!!!!”

US$133.00*
and up
PADI Discover Scuba Diving in Bavaro
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Scuba Diving Centers WITH 20% Online Discount! DRESSEL DIVERS is the company chosen by the prestigious Iberostar Hotel chain for the last twenty years to run diving activities on the premise of its luxury hotels in the Caribbean, to ensure that this service has the same quality as the hotels.We are dedicated to teaching diving and offer all levels of PADI courses: From beginner all the way to PADI instructor. Other federations are also welcome. We offer boats especially made for diving by a lifelong diver, the owner, who contributed his strong experience to construct outstanding boats for this activity. Our main priority is to guarantee your safety!We organize diving excursions every day for certified divers to the marvelous reefs, that are closest to our hotel, as well as full day excursions for both divers and snorkelers to more remote sites such as Bayahibe and Saona Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Blackfoot, Idaho, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My daughter and I took thie Discover excursion and It was AWESOME!! The crew was very friendly and happy! They took extra time with everybody and worked together well to make sure the entire boat was taken care of! Not one minute of this trip was boring! I highly reccommend this trip for people looking for an experience of a lifetime! If you are a certified diver, trying to get certified, or just curious about diving and want to try it out, The Dressel Divers are the people to see!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Koree G

winnipeg, canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Dressel Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very professional group. Took my advanced open water certification and was well organized. Suggest the wreck dive if you have a chance

Columbus, Ohio
“Best trip for first timers and couple that have done it for years...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We got certified through the padi shop at the Hard Rock hotel, Bram Vanlerberghe was the guy helping people get all the info and he was so helpful. He got us started w/ our first steps w/ Sam in the pool..we did all our training the next morning and went over everything we needed to take the test. Sam was so thorough that after reading the first 3 chapters it was a breeze to take the test. Passed w/ flying colors :) Next day Immediately after boarding the bus Joannes Mathieu was so excited to be w/ us and give us such an amazing experience that we felt it right off the bat! Got to the dive shop to be fitted for our gear and Carter Crosby was on hand to make sure we had everything we needed.Being our first time they just made all the nerves go away w/ all the help. Christopher Hiegel who is brand new to the dive but was assigned to us. All I can say is wow! He was there for my husband and I making everything easy and smooth. Was worried about my ears because it was new and being our first dive. All I can say is I wish I could take him on every dive he was amazing! He made sure we had everything we needed and worked with us slowly and patiently. First dive I was so nervous but he made things so comfortable that when we were on our second dive for the day I enjoyed it so much more and left ready for a third dive!! If this is your first or 35 dive this is the company you should go through. We opted to get a video done since it was our first dive to take home to our kids Gabriel Gab was our camera man...didn't get to see the video until we got back. We all woke up my kids were so excited to see it..can I say it didn't disappoint! It was so good from the shots, editing and music it was worth every penny!! He was getting us to do things under water that were fun and being able to capture it will be memories we will take forever. Thank you Dressel for hiring 5 star employees!! Loved it from start to finish!!! Didn't mean to leave the boat driver off but he was great too little rough and he assisted us on and off the boat w/ all the gear!! :) See you in Mexico next year!!

Visited March 2012
Maple Ridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Excursion in Punta Cana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

What a phenomenal day! We went snorkling to Saona Island with Dressel Divers and boy what a trip it was! From Johannes the guide keeping everyone engaged and having fun, to Enrique who is definately "one with the fish" he would feed the eels from his mouth! We swam with sting rays and had a BBQ on Saona Island, and then a party in the ocean at the end of the day...there is a stretch of water that is only waist deep super clear, white sand bottom and the temp of the water feels like a bath tub! They had music playing and drinks flowing...great great day! Big thanks to Johannes, Enrique, Gabreille and the rest of the staff that day for making our trip to Punta Cana so memorable and better yet getting off the resort and seeing the beauty of Saona Island! This excursion blew us away! Great staff and a great day! Thanks again guys! :)

New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good Dive Company with some reservations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We spent a week at the Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana (see my other review of the hotel itself *****) We did leave the resort one day to go on a scuba diving expedition using the Dressel Divers group that is all over the beach and Iberostar resorts. They seemed very knowledgeable and professional. We told them we hadn’t dived for 2 year so they sent us to the pool nearby for a quick refresher. The next morning they picked us up at our hotel promptly at 7:20am and off we went to the neighboring hotels to pick up more divers and snorkelers. Our guide on the bus was a young man named Johannes. He was a 20 year old Frenchman, extremely friendly, funny and full of energy. The day promised to be fun! Also on the bus was a local citizen who was billed as the Dominican guide. He was supposed to give us color commentary as we made the 1.5 hour trip to the dive center. He spoke in total for about 10 minutes, and we were all left wondering why he was even there. It must have been some Dominican rule where a local had to be hired as a guide if the dive company was going to be allowed to operate, but the guide was not “guiding” at all, and only sitting in the bus, seemingly waiting to be tipped.
An hour and a half bus ride later, we arrived at another Iberostar resort and dive center where we got our diving and snorkeling gear and then took a boat out to dive around Saona Island. We scheduled a 2 tank dive, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, divided by a BBQ on the beach where the Blue Lagoon movie was filmed. The dive in the morning was fine as my wife and I were split off with another experienced dive master (Stephan I believe) and a gentleman named Kevin (we realized we were all qualified and would be doing a normal dive while Johannes took two new divers getting certified on their necessary qualification dives.) We did the morning dive and it was ok, other than I had to tap the dive master on the back (while he was looking for eels and sea life to show us) and point out that I just realized my wife was nowhere to be found (she had floated up to the surface and no one had noticed.) Luckily she wasn’t as panicked as I was, as she was looking down on us the whole time (somewhat frantic to always keep us in site as she did realize we were in the middle of the ocean with no boat around (it left and went elsewhere while we were diving) and if she lost us she would be in the middle of nowhere by herself until the boat returned. While she could see us, looking up into the sun, we couldn’t see her on the surface, so it took a few moments for the dive master to go up, look around and find her. Those were a few panicked filled moments for me. He went up to the surface and brought her back down slowly and safely and we finished the dive. I was not real happy he wasn’t watching us all closely however, as every dive we take we joke that the dive master will have no problem finding us as we will be right next to him. That minor trauma aside, when we get to the island for lunch, we are informed by our dive master that the afternoon dive is going to be fun because we’re going to go down to 100 plus feet! My wife and I looked at each other and quickly replied “no I don’t think we’ll be doing that as we explained we are 50 foot max divers and we don’t feel comfortable going beyond that.” Further, when he essentially lost my wife on the 50 foot dive, I wasn’t interested in doubling down with him. He stated that the other diver in our group was doing a 100 foot dive to qualify for his Advanced Open Water certification and because he had to take him down that deep, the rest of us had to go with him as well. He was pushing us relatively hard and kept saying “don’t worry, it’s only a number. We will go down to 100 and turn right around and come back up.” We told him again that we were not comfortable doing that and so we were presented with the only other opportunity to dive by hooking up with Johannes and the other group doing their underwater qualifying. We weren’t particularly happy about that as we’ve already been through our qualifying dive, and that was not what we were looking to do. Consequently my wife and I spent half the afternoon dive kneeling on the bottom watching them do their beginner exercises. We didn’t have much choice however as we were not going to do the deep dive the other dive master was insisting we do. We kind of feel we were ripped off on this second dive, as we were not told that the beginners would be doing their qualifying dive and the advanced would be doing their qualifying dive, leaving us open water divers stuck in the middle. The other thing we didn’t like is they transfer you off the snorkel boat to a small skiff to take you on the 20 min ride out to the dive site. The waves are 3 or 4 feet and you get absolutely soaked both on the way there and back, so your eyes are stinging from salt and your pretty cold both coming and going to the dive site. All in all, I would caution using Dressler Divers, and before you do, ensure they understand what kind of diver you are and what you will (and won’t) do, as we were not happy being “told” how deep we were going because someone else “had to” so we “had to as well”. Not cool!!!
At the end of the day, they take you to this shallow pool (a big sand bar where the water is crystal clear and the bottom has tons of star fish). There you spend time relaxing and drinking. The photographers are there taking lots of pictures with people holding starfish. The snorkel trip was supposedly amazing and we kind of wish we had done that, as they had a snorkel guide (Philippe maybe?) that was called the “fish whisperer” as he would hold food in his mouth and huge rays would swim up and take it right out of his mouth. It was supposedly amazing and he was a great guide that everyone raved about. They put you back on the bus about 4 pm and start back to the other side of the island. You make one 10 minute stop at a small shopping area where you can buy souvenirs and use the rest room. We were back to our hotel by about 7pm. The day cost us about $500 bucks with tips, and again, we wish we would have just done the snorkeling and saved lots of money and not wound up feeling like we’d been snookered by the dive guy. (NOTE: If Dressler Divers reads this and wants to refund half our money for the second dive where we didn’t get what we were promised, please let me know via a message here and I’ll let you know how to get my refund to me!) PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT saying that Dresslers is not a safe and perfectly professional dive company. Both Johannes and Stephan were qualified, careful and safety minded, but we did feel that we were very clear what kind of dive we were taking and it didn’t turn out that way at all, and further we were never told any of that (about the others beginner and advanced qualifying that would be taking place) until we had paid and were on our way out to the boat which was way too late to get out of it.