“Pool Bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison
“Pool Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Although, the entire resort and it's employees overall were excellent, my favorite was the relaxing and social atmospere of the "Pool Bar!" My entire afternoons were spent belly up to the pool bar conversing with friendly folks from several countries around the world! The bartenders Juan Cruz and Deibi Esquea made sure that a great time was had by all! Juan and Deibi were outstanding and both displayed a great sense of humor. You could tell that both men loved their jobs! I look forward of returning to the Pool Bar, at the Paradisus Punta Cana, soon!!!
-Bart McQuitty

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Bart M,

We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience during your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana. In the name of all the staff members and I we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations to the Dominican Republic and to Punta Cana.
We are very pleased to read that you had experienced a memorable vacation thanks to the excellent service provided by our friendly staff members. In Paradisus Punta Cana we are committed to provide an excellent service to please our beloved guests with the help of a high qualified team. It is a satisfaction for us to hear that you appreciated our work.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.

With the best regards,

Francisco Castillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,080)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I haven't had a chance to review this experience until now. We travelled in September 2011. This was the absolute most amazing first time all inclusive vacation for myself and my boyfriend. The easiest way to discuss this is to break it down by category.

Grounds -- The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous! It is so well maintained and at all times everyday there were people all around cleaning up, gardening and taking care of the ground. The pools were gorgeous even though we only ever stayed around the Reserve pool.

Rooms -- We had upgraded to The Reserve to a Junior Suite prior to arrival. It must have been a slow time when we arrived because we had surprisingly been upgraded to a GIANT suite that was absolutely unbelievable. It was very clean and we have absolutely no complaints.

Food -- As with any all inclusive (or so I have heard) the food was okay. We had a favourite restaurant that we ate at whenever it was open (the only downside, of the 11 restaurants here, only some are open at some times so that is something to watch for). The best one by far is Fuego (the Sauteed Beef de Loin is AMAZING). For me being an extremely picky eater I never had one problem eating. Another amazing spot is the BBQ outside of the Reserve pool - ate lunch there almost everyday.

To Do -- The pools are amazing and the beach is breathtaking. The trolley came around all the time (maybe because it was a slow time) and took us wherever we wanted to go. At night the entertainment was great and provided many nights of -drunken- fun. The casino was the only casino i have ever won at.

Service -- This is one of the reasons why we will come back to this resort if we choose to come back to Punta Cana (which we will). This is what made our vacation all the more memorable. Robert Ramirez and Richard Wish and Jorge were the three most amazing bartenders/friends in Punta Cana. We spent many nights getting to know them and spending time with them. It truly makes all the difference when they genuinely enjoy your company. It may have been a down time at the resort, but there service was unreal. There was not a time where we didn't have a drink in our hand or someone asking us if we wanted one - with or without a tip!

I would recommend staying in the Reserve. It is worth all the extra money. The rooms, privacy and pool is what makes it stand out from just the regular rooms but i wouldn't doubt they are anything but amazing.

Overall this was an incredible experience. The only downfall is the people that try and sell you things on the beach. Sometimes they are a good deal and sometimes they aren't. You can basically talk them down in price by saying so-and-so is going to give it to you for this. It helps to barter. Excursions are also a great thing to take in while here, but again, be careful of the pricing.

Before the vacation I had read a lot of negative reviews and began to second guess my decision to stay here. Once there, I couldn't believe what all of those were about. This was a beautiful resort and amazing service and I will most definitely go back in the future.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Reserve.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aleeesha23
Dear Aleesha,

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Paradisus Punta Cana was so wonderful. Thank you for choosing Punta Cana as your vacation destination. Be sure that our goal is not only to meet but to exceed guest expectations in all areas of the resort and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your valued review.

All of our staff is delighted to see that you have remembered them and that their effort to exceed your expectations was worthwhile.

On behalf of our team, we hope that you allow us the opportunity to carter to you once again in our hotel.

north bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

100% recommend this resort!

- The beach is amazing, great for taking walks and enjoying the views
- The gardens are well kept and great to walk threw
- The is good, had a few miss meals but for the most part it was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey M,

I would like to thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana Resort for your vacation, as well as letting us know about your recent experience. It is a pleasure to have direct feedback from our guest because this allows us to monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

It is truly a pleasure for me to know you had a memorable stay at our hotel and that you appreciated the effort and dedication of all my staff.

Once more, thank you for share your impression and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

San Juan, PR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I will start by saying that this is not my first time in Punta Cana & not my first all inclusive hotel.
The hotel is big and beautiful. Be prepared to walk a lot. They have trolley service but only two cars and you'll have to wait a while for them.
The check-in was really fast. The lady at the front desk was really nice. We were welcome with their signature drink Paradisus.
They gave us a double room instead of a single. When my husband went to the reception the person at the front desk told him the hotel was overbooked. The rooms are big, comfortable and clean. Mini bar is fill with water, sodas & juices, if you want beer you have to call room service free of charge. Room service has a fee of $5.00 delivery, I think is because people don't usually tip on all inclusive hotels.
The food is really good, but the staff can be a little slow. I'm not sure it was because the hotel was overbooked, but you have to wait to be seated in every single restaurant including the buffet. The Japanese restaurant is really good and you have to make reservations @ 10:00am in the food area the same day you want to have dinner there, be early the spaces are limited. The waiting time for a restaurant is about an hour. For the buffet aprox 5 min or so, depending if the tables are clean & ready to be seated.
The staff at the Spa are friendly. I had the best massage here.
They offer free shuttles to Palma Real Shopping Mall if you want to spend some money (it is a little expensive) & Hard Rock Cafe rest. is there.
Overall it was great weekend getaway, I will recommend this hotel if you are carefree & don't mind walking or waiting to eat or be seated. It is a relax place, pool is nice, the beach beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Nelapu
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Nelapu,

First of all allow me to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana, and for taking the time to post a review about your vacations among us. I will like to express you how thankful we are to read your comment on Tripadvisor.
Also, thank you for your compliments in our grounds, the room, our staff, our restaurants and the food. We appreciate for highlighting our service and staff. These are very important aspects for us and the key to success of our services and facilities. Believe me when I say that we work very hard and day by day to make sure that each one of our guest enjoy their vacations at our resort.
On the other hand, I will like to emphasis something form your comment about the transportation inside the hotel. You have a variety of trolleys inside the hotel, not only two. In addition, we acquired new electrics trolleys to make sure the transportation is faster and to meet our standard of a Eco-friendly Resort.
Once again thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana and for your reviews.

MIAMI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have been to many nice resorts in the beautiful country of the Dominican Republic, but this one had an special touch of nature (everything is green), very clean everywhere you walk. The beach is a dream, crystal clear beach. There is an enormous variaty of food to choose from. The swiming pools are amazing and big, and have bars inside the pool, but outside the kids pool area, these pools are like an ocean beach inside your back yard.

What we enjoyed the most during our stay was the attention with the staff, especially at the bar.... LOL There you will find "Kelvin"!!!, Jorge and Roberto. These bartenders work 12 hours everyday and are always smiling and happy, I dont know how they do it, but one thing for sure, you will have a great time... They will tell you jokes, dance among themself in the bar, etc.... and of course make you drunk.. LOL.

Another thing we enjoyed was the transportation trains, or wagons they have. This resort is big!!! These trains will take you everywhere you want in the resort and it is a lot of fun!!!. Sometimes we just ride it to know the resort and see the beautiful landscape decorations, remember, everything is green there, lots of trees, like a jungle with a beach.

I define this resort as : Spectacular, fun and romantic.I highly recommend this resort.

We had a great time... High Five!!

X & M

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are completely honored to read that you choose Paradisus Punta Cana for your vacations and that you found your time here enjoyable. Please, know that our goal is not only to meet but to exceed guest expectations in all areas of the resort and we are grateful to know that you have taken the time to share your valued review.
All the staff from Paradisus Punta Cana is all delighted to know that you have remembered them and that their effort to exceed your expectations was worthwhile. Also, thank you for the compliments to the Resort.
On behalf of our team, we hope that you allow us the opportunity to care to you once again in our Paradisus Punta Cana, your home away from home.

Saint Clair, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Everyday my family, friends and I went to the casino at the resort. The people in there are very nice and dealers were very good. The best thing about the casino was the bartender, Shaddai "Danny" Romero. He was very intelligent and could communicate very well. He could speak English very good, and I had many conversations with him about sports. He knew his drinks very well, and never messed one up. He really enjoys what he does for a living and he is very good at his job in my family, friends, and my own opinion. Overall the trip was very nice and I enjoyed every minute I was there, but every night I looked forward to going to the casino and the bar in the casino.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Andrew,

First of all allow me to thank you for choosing us your vacation destination and for taking the time to express your impression during your stay.
I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed our Casino and that part of the staff had an important participation to make your vacation more unforgettable by providing you with excellent service, and your mention of him in this review is really appreciated.
I welcome your compliments and look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana.

santo domingo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I just returned yesterday from my first visit to Paradisus...My first impression of the hotel was wow its beautiful and it truly is.. The rooms are really clean and the maid comes like 4 times and she was really nice. there was also like always a mini bar with water and coca-cola plus juices. My room was beautiful and the bath was nice too.. If you can get the building # 31 will be A + cause it has a ocean view soo its awesome and its like 20 steps from the restaurants so for me that was the best building. The food: they have like 10 restaurants maybe more i went to 5 of them and the main restaurant where you can have a buffet for me the food was ok but no like great at all.. i went to the italian restaurant and i must say the food was great also went to stake one and it was delicious... The sea food restaurant was great too.. They have a lot of bars but actually the drinks they made are not good at all... its like you take water, sugar and MIX IT... THE staff in general from 1 to 10 it will be a 4 they are not so nice except for a couple of them like Amaury in the italian restaurant he was sooo nice. if i had to rate the hotel its not bad but its not great they have to improve the staff and also variety in the buffet restaurant plus they have to change they way they make drinks in the bar. The shows are really good... You will really enjoy it... the hotel its really big and you will have to take the train sometimes cause if not you will be tired lol... it takes 10 minutes to wait for the them in the bus stop but sometimes they come earlier.

Room Tip: Building # 31 ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Before hand I want to thank you for taking the time to airing your impression about our Paradisus Punta Cana.
I am thrilled to know that you enjoy your vacation with us. Please know that our biggest commitment to each one of our guest is to satisfy their needs and make sure they enjoy their vacations. I want to thank you for your compliments to the room, the bathroom, the mini bar and to some of our Restaurants.
On the other hand, I am sorry to know that my staff did not meet your expectations. Please be conscious that each one of my staff is trained to give a caring, attentive, apprehensive, professional and friendly service. I know that it is difficult sometimes because we have more than 1000 employees but know that the Resort is constantly giving courses to reinforce our training.
If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,