“Nice location, good pricing, food not so good....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #22 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winter Springs, Florida
“Nice location, good pricing, food not so good....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We decided on this All inclusive to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. I got a good deal and since it is a 4 star property, I was expecting everything to be good. The property itself was very nice and the drinks were good and continuously flowing. The food on the other hand was mediocre at best, and it made my wife ill. We paid extra for the Royal Service which had some nice benefits including a separate and special breakfast which was actually very good. I recommend sticking to seafood and not eating the beef entrees.... I was satisfied with the room and it had a balcony with a jacuzzi. The grounds are very well kept and allow for some nice leisurely walks. Although I like playing blackjack and craps, I did not try the casino as it was quite small.

If we ever go back to the Dominican for a vacation, I believe we will try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Get the Royal Service and pay extra for an ocean view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank REVoigt
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana to spend such important event as you wife 50th birthday. Also, appreciate your compliments on our Royal Service services, the room and our grounds, it is a great pleasure to receive our guest’s compliments and observations for it helps us maintain and improve the quality service that we provide on current and future stays.
Before hand I want to apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay with us, I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to find resolutions that will help us prevent any future matters. I am sorry to know you had this issue with the food. Please know that in general we have a high percentage of satisfaction from our guests on food quality. Also, know that we have well trained staff and a very equipped food service which it is prepared to provide our guest with the best quality and satisfaction possible. Still we do understand that the taste differed from each and every person.
If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,

Francisco Castillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,079)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

GREAT! Large resort with a small/personal feel. Never felt crowded or had to wait long for anything! Excellent variety of attractions and accommodations. Make sure you catch Kelvin Miguel at the Lobby Bar..great service and will keep you coming back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear guest,

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Paradisus Punta Cana was so wonderful. Thank you for choosing Punta Cana as your vacation destination. Be sure that our goal is not only to meet but to exceed guest expectations in all areas of the resort and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your valued review.
On behalf of our team, we hope that you allow us the opportunity to carter to you once again in our hotel.

Madison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Although, the entire resort and it's employees overall were excellent, my favorite was the relaxing and social atmospere of the "Pool Bar!" My entire afternoons were spent belly up to the pool bar conversing with friendly folks from several countries around the world! The bartenders Juan Cruz and Deibi Esquea made sure that a great time was had by all! Juan and Deibi were outstanding and both displayed a great sense of humor. You could tell that both men loved their jobs! I look forward of returning to the Pool Bar, at the Paradisus Punta Cana, soon!!!
-Bart McQuitty

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Bart M,

We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience during your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana. In the name of all the staff members and I we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations to the Dominican Republic and to Punta Cana.
We are very pleased to read that you had experienced a memorable vacation thanks to the excellent service provided by our friendly staff members. In Paradisus Punta Cana we are committed to provide an excellent service to please our beloved guests with the help of a high qualified team. It is a satisfaction for us to hear that you appreciated our work.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.

With the best regards,

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I haven't had a chance to review this experience until now. We travelled in September 2011. This was the absolute most amazing first time all inclusive vacation for myself and my boyfriend. The easiest way to discuss this is to break it down by category.

Grounds -- The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous! It is so well maintained and at all times everyday there were people all around cleaning up, gardening and taking care of the ground. The pools were gorgeous even though we only ever stayed around the Reserve pool.

Rooms -- We had upgraded to The Reserve to a Junior Suite prior to arrival. It must have been a slow time when we arrived because we had surprisingly been upgraded to a GIANT suite that was absolutely unbelievable. It was very clean and we have absolutely no complaints.

Food -- As with any all inclusive (or so I have heard) the food was okay. We had a favourite restaurant that we ate at whenever it was open (the only downside, of the 11 restaurants here, only some are open at some times so that is something to watch for). The best one by far is Fuego (the Sauteed Beef de Loin is AMAZING). For me being an extremely picky eater I never had one problem eating. Another amazing spot is the BBQ outside of the Reserve pool - ate lunch there almost everyday.

To Do -- The pools are amazing and the beach is breathtaking. The trolley came around all the time (maybe because it was a slow time) and took us wherever we wanted to go. At night the entertainment was great and provided many nights of -drunken- fun. The casino was the only casino i have ever won at.

Service -- This is one of the reasons why we will come back to this resort if we choose to come back to Punta Cana (which we will). This is what made our vacation all the more memorable. Robert Ramirez and Richard Wish and Jorge were the three most amazing bartenders/friends in Punta Cana. We spent many nights getting to know them and spending time with them. It truly makes all the difference when they genuinely enjoy your company. It may have been a down time at the resort, but there service was unreal. There was not a time where we didn't have a drink in our hand or someone asking us if we wanted one - with or without a tip!

I would recommend staying in the Reserve. It is worth all the extra money. The rooms, privacy and pool is what makes it stand out from just the regular rooms but i wouldn't doubt they are anything but amazing.

Overall this was an incredible experience. The only downfall is the people that try and sell you things on the beach. Sometimes they are a good deal and sometimes they aren't. You can basically talk them down in price by saying so-and-so is going to give it to you for this. It helps to barter. Excursions are also a great thing to take in while here, but again, be careful of the pricing.

Before the vacation I had read a lot of negative reviews and began to second guess my decision to stay here. Once there, I couldn't believe what all of those were about. This was a beautiful resort and amazing service and I will most definitely go back in the future.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Reserve.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aleeesha23
Dear Aleesha,

All of our staff is delighted to see that you have remembered them and that their effort to exceed your expectations was worthwhile.

north bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

100% recommend this resort!

- The beach is amazing, great for taking walks and enjoying the views
- The gardens are well kept and great to walk threw
- The is good, had a few miss meals but for the most part it was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey M,

I would like to thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana Resort for your vacation, as well as letting us know about your recent experience. It is a pleasure to have direct feedback from our guest because this allows us to monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

It is truly a pleasure for me to know you had a memorable stay at our hotel and that you appreciated the effort and dedication of all my staff.

Once more, thank you for share your impression and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

San Juan, PR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I will start by saying that this is not my first time in Punta Cana & not my first all inclusive hotel.
The hotel is big and beautiful. Be prepared to walk a lot. They have trolley service but only two cars and you'll have to wait a while for them.
The check-in was really fast. The lady at the front desk was really nice. We were welcome with their signature drink Paradisus.
They gave us a double room instead of a single. When my husband went to the reception the person at the front desk told him the hotel was overbooked. The rooms are big, comfortable and clean. Mini bar is fill with water, sodas & juices, if you want beer you have to call room service free of charge. Room service has a fee of $5.00 delivery, I think is because people don't usually tip on all inclusive hotels.
The food is really good, but the staff can be a little slow. I'm not sure it was because the hotel was overbooked, but you have to wait to be seated in every single restaurant including the buffet. The Japanese restaurant is really good and you have to make reservations @ 10:00am in the food area the same day you want to have dinner there, be early the spaces are limited. The waiting time for a restaurant is about an hour. For the buffet aprox 5 min or so, depending if the tables are clean & ready to be seated.
The staff at the Spa are friendly. I had the best massage here.
They offer free shuttles to Palma Real Shopping Mall if you want to spend some money (it is a little expensive) & Hard Rock Cafe rest. is there.
Overall it was great weekend getaway, I will recommend this hotel if you are carefree & don't mind walking or waiting to eat or be seated. It is a relax place, pool is nice, the beach beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Nelapu
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Nelapu,

First of all allow me to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana, and for taking the time to post a review about your vacations among us. I will like to express you how thankful we are to read your comment on Tripadvisor.
Also, thank you for your compliments in our grounds, the room, our staff, our restaurants and the food. We appreciate for highlighting our service and staff. These are very important aspects for us and the key to success of our services and facilities. Believe me when I say that we work very hard and day by day to make sure that each one of our guest enjoy their vacations at our resort.
On the other hand, I will like to emphasis something form your comment about the transportation inside the hotel. You have a variety of trolleys inside the hotel, not only two. In addition, we acquired new electrics trolleys to make sure the transportation is faster and to meet our standard of a Eco-friendly Resort.
Once again thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana and for your reviews.

MIAMI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have been to many nice resorts in the beautiful country of the Dominican Republic, but this one had an special touch of nature (everything is green), very clean everywhere you walk. The beach is a dream, crystal clear beach. There is an enormous variaty of food to choose from. The swiming pools are amazing and big, and have bars inside the pool, but outside the kids pool area, these pools are like an ocean beach inside your back yard.

What we enjoyed the most during our stay was the attention with the staff, especially at the bar.... LOL There you will find "Kelvin"!!!, Jorge and Roberto. These bartenders work 12 hours everyday and are always smiling and happy, I dont know how they do it, but one thing for sure, you will have a great time... They will tell you jokes, dance among themself in the bar, etc.... and of course make you drunk.. LOL.

Another thing we enjoyed was the transportation trains, or wagons they have. This resort is big!!! These trains will take you everywhere you want in the resort and it is a lot of fun!!!. Sometimes we just ride it to know the resort and see the beautiful landscape decorations, remember, everything is green there, lots of trees, like a jungle with a beach.

I define this resort as : Spectacular, fun and romantic.I highly recommend this resort.

We had a great time... High Five!!

X & M

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are completely honored to read that you choose Paradisus Punta Cana for your vacations and that you found your time here enjoyable. Please, know that our goal is not only to meet but to exceed guest expectations in all areas of the resort and we are grateful to know that you have taken the time to share your valued review.
All the staff from Paradisus Punta Cana is all delighted to know that you have remembered them and that their effort to exceed your expectations was worthwhile. Also, thank you for the compliments to the Resort.
On behalf of our team, we hope that you allow us the opportunity to care to you once again in our Paradisus Punta Cana, your home away from home.