Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Memories Splash Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$384/night.

US$771
US$539
Bookit.com
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
US$327
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$279
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$276
14,631 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spamain poolswim up barkids zonepersonal butlerdominican republictime sharedestination wedding
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Grounds and environment are excellent.
Lots of entertainment.

We have 1 and 3 year old boys and so wherever we go will be challenging:-)
We were not satisfied with the service, it was fine for adults but waiting 5 minutes for a high chair or even forgetting about the request made the experience frustrating.
Anyone with young kids knows that there is a timer as soon as you sit at a table with very young children so we need their food to arrive quite quickly. Our experience was quite inconsistent.

We were not comfortable with getting a babysitter and simply leaving them in the room.
We tried getting a babysitter once, bringing her and the kids to the restaurant but there is little value as the kids were still all over us as we are in plain view.

The kids club is good but inconveniently located all way over at the Reserve (we were in regular rooms which are nearer to the beach). If they were older we would have been able to drop them off but not really feasible.

Beach and pool was great, we had lots of fun. Both were clean and well organized. Did some early morning runs and saw the guys raking up the seaweed every morning.

food was OK, the fish and meat tends to be underdone at the beach lunch buffet.
That said, we had no gastro trouble for anyone in our or our friends' family.

If our kids were 5 and 7, this would have a much better experience.

Room Tip: The Reserve rooms require a shuttle bus to the beach. The rooms nearest the beach are generally royal service which are adults only.
1  Thank NivekNYC
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear guest,

Before hand I want to thank you for taking the time to airing your impression about our Paradisus Punta Cana.
I am thrilled to know that you enjoy your vacation with us. Please know that our biggest commitment to each one of our guest is to satisfy their needs and make sure they enjoy their vacations. I want to thank you for your compliments to our grounds, entertainment, beach and pool.
Regarding to our comment about the babysitter, I can assure you that each one of our babysitters is qualify and trained to provided the best service possible and take care our little guest. On the other hand, I will like to apologies for the inconvenience that the location of the Kid Zone brought you during your stay here with us.
Rest of assure that we are acting upon your feedback. If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana Reserve for 5 days, with a few other moms and a small group of high school seniors. The resort was wonderful, exceeded our expectations.
The rooms at the Reserve were huge, two double beds in the bedroom, and pull out couch in the living room. Stocked mini bar, comfy robes, quiet rooms. The breakfast and lunches were great, made to order omelets, and good salads and cheeses. Dinner at the Ciel buffet was not good, so would recommend getting reservations or waiting for one of the ala carte restaurants to be able to seat you. Sakura was okay, not really worth the trouble getting the reservation, Terra was good for a steak, and Vento was nice. Reservations for dinner were difficult to get, I had to really push our concierge to get us a reservation. I wish the resort would let you book all of your dinner reservations when you arrive, that way you wouldn't be scrambling in the morning thinking about dinner. The beach was beautiful, great service for drinks and water bottles.

Room Tip: If staying at the Reserve, ask for a room facing the pool for a prettier view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were at this resort from April 15-22 2012. We travelled as a couple, and have broad experience travelling to the Dominican Republic, and have stayed at the following resorts:

Bavaro Princess: 3x
Paradisus Palma Real: 1x
Paradisus Punta Cana: 1x
Majestic Colonial: 1x
Majestic Elegance: 1x
Bahia Principe Ambar: 2x
Iberostar: 2x

We have also been to a couple of Sol Melia run resorts in Cuba. I tell you this so that you can maybe take my review more seriously, as it is not all good. I will be objective.

1. Checkin Experience

When I arrived, nobody greeted me as a Royal Service guest. Luckily, I knew enough about how Royal Service works, so I commandeered someone with a golf cart to take me to where I needed to be.

When I got to the Royal Service checkin, I was greeted by polite and cheery people who efficiently checked us in. It took a while though, the last thing you want is a drawn out checkin after a long turbulent flight.

2. The room

The room was a 5-8 minute walk from the royal service beach and pool, which turned out to be somewhat inconvenient, especially when you are tired and your keycard stops working for some unknown reason. The room itself is nice, very nice in fact. The bathroom however is cramped, and the shower NEVER worked right. I didn't bother complaining though, because experience shows that I'd probably just have to re-pack and move. We just survived through alternating scalding and cold water. We had a jacuzzi on our balcony, very private and enjoyable after a long day.

Also, I was in building 26, facing toward the ocean. I could just make the ocean out through a gap in two buildings.

3. Food

There is one restaurant that I liked, Fuego, but it is an extra $40/pp unless you are Royal Service and there for 7d or more. You could really only go once because it seems to be a static tasting menu. The steak restaurant, Terra was OK, but we waited an hour for our food. I did not like the Japanese or Seafood restaurant...our experience with that drove us toward room service for many meals...or the Royal Service restaurant.

And guess what? Usually, the room service food quality exceeds that of the restaurants!

4. Royal Service pool and beach area

The guys that work here are AWESOME. This was the highlight of the whole thing. The workers down there are so attentive, you never want for anything. They even will bring you a cheese burger for lunch so you don't have to leave the beach. The Royal Service pool is beautiful, but was pretty cold all week.

The beach is beautiful, 'nuff said. The resort was not packed, so seating was always easy to get. I suspect that changes.

5. Lobby and Entertainment

The quality of evening entertainment varies based on individual taste, so I will keep that to myself. I will tell you, however, that the bar staff in the lobby is phenomenal. Jorge(sp?) seems to be the lead bartender, and always remembers everyone and what they want. He is easy to spot, he makes strange bird noises all the time...its kind of his signature thing.

6. Misc Stuff

We both got bit badly by Sand Flies. This has never been a big issue before, so we did nothing to prevent it. Keep that in mind.

WIFI seems to be in-room only, uses prepaid codes...definitely fiddly. It is $15 a day if you are not in Royal Service.

Room Service is $5/per...unless you are in Royal Service.

The place would not be bearable to me without Royal Service or Reserve, as it allowed me to look past the inferiority of the general resort services. I strongly suggest it, if you decide to go there, which I don't know that I would recommend without understanding your expectations.

This resort and the Palma Real are in no way on the level. Don't think you are getting some kind of awesome deal when you see the price differential.

The place is BIG, and the trolley system is not frequent enough.

There is a LOT of aggressive selling of Club Melia, which REALLY turned me off. A concierge in the Royal Service lounge even hit me up with a soft sell approach. I HATE being sold to on resort during vacation.

Hope this was informative.

Room Tip: Corner, second floor suites in Royal Service have an outdoor jacuzzi. Ocean front rooms are very close to the sand, looked nice, but identical inside to garden view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yowmatt

Dear Yowmatt,

Thank you for choosing the option to stay with us at Paradisus Punta Cana for your recent stay. We appreciate that you have put together such a detailed review on your trip. I am thankful for the compliments you gave to the room, the Royal Service staff.
I am sorry to know that our services did not meet your expectations. But please have in mind that our commitment to our guest is to provide a friendly, caring, welcoming and professional service. We trained the staff members to provided our guest with this values and give them constantly courses to reinforce these values.
On regards to our comment about the shower it is a misfortune that you did not report this inconvenience because we have a department that is in charge of the maintenance of the Resort and believe when I said that they are more than please to help our guest with their inconveniences.
Also, regarding to the food, please be aware that we have not only well trained and very knowledge chef but also very equipped kitchens which are ready to give a five stars service as we are used to.
Again I am very sorry for the inconvenience that you had during your stay with us. Please know that each one of your comments will be send to the departments involve to find and apply ways of improvement in case of need.
If you want to contact me in a private matter please do not hesitate to write me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was my first all inclusive in 10 years and I have only been to one other so not exactly a pro "All-in" travel expert but here are my thoughts.........

I was impressed by the food. We had access to Italian, Seafood, Japanese, a Steak House, Brazilian and a huge buffet restaurant during our visit. All were nice and again the food quality was really good.

The room was nice - nothing wowed me but it was nice (in a good way). We had a good location close to the beach and close to the main pool. The grounds were very well kept and manicured.

The resort is huge so travel by their cart system was used a lot. Some of the carts were a little smashed up and spewed black smog out of them but the drivers were careful and very respectful of travellers using and passer-by using the paths.

There is two tiers in this resport - There is the RESERVE (upscale package) and the normal. The RESERVE got you two more restaurants than the average joes and you had access to quieter areas for relaxing. I was part of this RESERVE service so I can't comment on the value but I did speak with a few people who did and they came down to the common-folk pool because theirs was "too boring".

Housekeeping service was good and the casino employees were nice and friendly.

I was disappointed in the nightly entertainment - it wasn't as extravagant as the previous resort I stayed at in Cuba...... quite a bit more low key.

Overall a good experience......

Oh yeah - I travelled with my wife (we are 40) and our two kids... my daughter is 12 and my son 9 - They enjoyed themselves too.

Room Tip: Make contact with the resort before you go - they threw in a few "gifts" and nice touches to make us feel welcome.
1  Thank Scott_Travis_CSH

Dear guest,

Before hand I will like to assure you that it is a pleasure for me and my team to know your experience during your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana. Also, I personally thank you for taking a few minutes from your valuable time and write to us.
I am please to know you enjoy your vacations with us and that you gave us the opportunity to serve you after 10 year of not being in an all inclusive resort. I am thankful for the compliments you gave to your beach, our food and the room.
We hope to see you again in the Resort enjoying other vacations.

Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week with our two daughters (3 and 6). We stayed in the Reserve section and had the family concierge service. We felt pampered!

Check in: was very smooth, ensure when you get dropped off a the main lobby that you tell the men helping with the luggage that you are going to the "Reserve" and they will have your luggage put in a separate area and will call you a golf cart to take you to that section to check in.

Our room: we had the best room, location wise, for our family. It was a one bedroom with a king bed and pull out couch (the pull out couch looked LESS than comfortable but for 30lb and 60 lb kids I don't think they even noticed). We were on the main floor (never saw a bug) right outside of the kids pool. We would hop over our railing as often as we needed to get back to the room - it was so convenient. We could only hear the night time entertainment when we were sitting on the patio at night. It was very peaceful and quiet. We were in room 1404.

Family Concierge service: Ovidio was our concierge and he was wonderful! Extremely attentive and always available when needed. He was so attentive that we never used our cell phone that he gave us even though he told us to call him at any time. He made our dinner reservations and they were well thought out. He also ensured we had a cabana reserved at the beach/pool. He even called Mike at the beach, in advance, to let him know we were on our way down. Thank you Ovidio! You made our week!!

The pool: we spent a lot of time at the kids pool and the reserve pool. Many days we felt like we had our own private pool, it was so quiet. We lived in our little cabana by the pool and got to know the servers so well. Thank you to "Drinky Drinky wooh wooh" Emilio and Ramon Ramirez for taking care of us! By mid week Ramon knew our family drink order and ensured we always had our drinks even if we weren't at the cabana, they were there waiting for us.

Food: was ok. We weren't blown away by the Gabi. Breakfast was good enough and the kids loved when we ordered room service for breakfast since we had a dining table (its free for family concierge!). We only ate at the Gabi once for lunch as it wasn't all that great and we enjoyed just ordering from the grill and eating a 'picnic' in our cabana by the pool. Dinners were nice; Steakhouse was good, Japanese was very nice, Brazilian was neat and I loved the turkey, Chinese was 'ok' but make sure you wear bug spray I got eaten alive! Italian was very nice and we had a little private dining area which was a treat. I had the shrimp penne and really enjoyed it. We at at the Romantico which was good but note: men MUST wear long pants and buttoned down dress shirts but most importantly must have closed toe shoes - no sandals even if they are closed toed. They are very strict about this and you will be turned away. We also ate at the Fuego which is for Family Concierge and Royal Service only. It was very good but I do not recommend it for children. They do not have a children's menu (which you can ask for at any restaurant by the way). Our children didn't eat anything, which was disappointing.

General: the beach is spectacular, ocean is very wavy and I believe it is like that all the time. You can catamaran 1 hour a day which was lots of fun. There are always lots of chairs available. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. One day a gardener opened a coconut for the girls to drink and eat, that was so nice of him, kids got a kick out of it. They have a couple trampolines in the activities area that the kids loved. The reserve section is far away from the beach but if you exit by the kids pool then we were at the beach within 7 minutes walking. We only took the trolley's at night when we were going between our room and the restaurants. We never had to wait too long for a trolley but I did hear of some people having to wait a long time.

One concern I had was all the traffic. I found it very disappointing that there was no service road. I was walking with two small children constantly worried that we would get hit by a truck or a trolley passing a truck. It really distracted from the calm and beautiful environment. It was also very smelly as the trucks passed us by.

We will, hopefully, most definitely return!

Room Tip: We loved our room in the Reserve section as it was closest to the kids pool, which was important to us, and quicker to get to the beach. We were facing the pool which reduced the car/truck noise. It was the furthest from the main Reserve lobby. It was the closest reserve building to the main lobby though. We could walk there in 3 minutes. Our room was 1404 in the Reserve section.
2  Thank Kate_Newmarket_11